4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Adding an extra logic to the bot generation would indeed be the best way, hopefully that way we could create a system to replace some parts of the generated bot with a "missing part" (with a probability depending on the bot or part rank), and that would apply to every bot.
That's a much better solution than my "brute force attempt" of creating variants with missing parts, which only works for the bots from my own mod. It will also avoid a lenghty JSON with more than 90 bot model ids for only 28 real models...

from a game play standpoint; is there a functional difference between MISSING Powercore, and having a Powercore that is irrepairable?

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
from a game play standpoint; is there a functional difference between MISSING Powercore, and having a Powercore that is irrepairable?
From a gameplay perspective, not really.
Creating a system of missing parts is mostly not for the powercore or CPU, which can often be destroyed when you find a bot in the dump, but for all the other parts. For example finding a bot where the arms or legs (or both) have already been harvested by other techies.

Reactions: dmmt

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Does anyone know which of these mods, if any, work with the latest version? I'm not expecting an answer right away, I'm just putting this question out there to be answered later.

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
All of my previous saves are unsupported. Really? I have to start over from scratch.
Are you using mods? If so, did you remember to transfer your mods to the new version? Remember that they are stored within the game folder, rather than the RenPy folder where your saves are. You might also make sure your mods are compatible.

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
Yep, i can see your reasoning. I think another option would be moving scavenge bots/parts generation to random events too, this way it will be possible to add extra logic on top of usual bot/part generation. Will try to add it to 0.4.1 too.

Talking about 0.4.1, i kinda planned 0.4.0 as some sort of beta version, but friendly moderator already updated first post, so yeah, i guess i have bit more time for 0.4.1 now :D Shouldn't take too long still, it will be rather minor update.
First, it is really nice to see you updating this game again; I honestly wasn't expecting it.

I'm wondering if you could change the difficulty settings to be able to configure different elements separately. For example, I like to play easy, but I would like to be able to increase the amount of debt I have to compensate for the mods I have adding more profitable sexbots to my game, without the additional penalties that usually come with higher difficulty levels.

I don't know how you've implemented the difficulty levels in your code, so it might be impractical to change and seperate the difficulty-dependent elements, so I am just checking.

Reactions: Godogma

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
can someone please upload this to mega?? it's the only download site some people like me trust and use.

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
I'm wondering if you could change the difficulty settings to be able to configure different elements separately. For example, I like to play easy, but I would like to be able to increase the amount of debt I have to compensate for the mods I have adding more profitable sexbots to my game, without the additional penalties that usually come with higher difficulty levels.
That's already possible, by creating a mod altering the values of the "tunings.JSON" file

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
This game was very fun before, now it's just amazing with mod assets.

But, it gets a bit laggy with so many assets installed. Is it possible for some work to be done on the backend to reduce lag with many mods?

I only ask because it seems to have been designed to be a modded game from the beginning.

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Do you have a mod that does that? I don't know how to create mods for this game.
It would be better for you to do it yourself, as you'll then be able to configure it the way you want.
Here is the way to do it, it's very simple to just edit a JSON file:
- Go into the DSCS\game\mods\0050_base_content directory. In there, take the file "tunings.JSON" and copy it to the DSCS\game\mods directory.
- Open that file you copied, and edit it with Notepad (or any other text editor)
- Edit the "mod_priority" value to a higher value. It's at -950 by default, just put it at 0 instead for example
- Edit the settings you want for the different difficulties. You can edit the number of Character Points allowed at the character creation, the debt value, as well as the debt increments.
- Save the edited file, and that's it.

For example, if you want to use the debt of the hardcore setting, while still playing on easy, you just have to copy the values from the hardcore setting in place of the value from the easy setting (make sure to only change the numbers, not the name of the variables).

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
Is there a mod to sort Bot Storage by rate and model? I'm not sure if that could be done by a mod, or would need the base game to be changed.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes