spainhorse

Apr 29, 2017
For the people that somehow don't know it yet - this is a pirate site, and the dev can't really do much other than dmca the links.

If you have the update the best way to share it is using the report button in the OP as ''game update'' and posting the link there, that way the dev can't dmca the links and uploaders are going to update the OP for everyone.
Even if the dev asks mods to remove the link?

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019
Even if the dev asks mods to remove the link?
If developers could ask to remove their games the vast majority of games would not be on this site.
Games are uploaded here without devs consent, it's just that some devs prefer to make an account here to answear people's question about the game, see bugs reports and all that jazz. That doens't give them the power to ban users or remove links on this site though.

If anything sharing a game update is incentivized, just be sure to do it properly for the dev not dmca the link.

Why don't you ask about it with the mods themselves though? You can make a ticket here and ask them about any questions u have.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
The devs can't remove links from here. The only thing they can do is to report it to Mega for copyright reasons. Mega takes down some links but other sites don't.
The moment someone shares an update here the update is uploaded for everyone in the OP.
The devs can remove the file a user here shares in a post because people leak the file the devs upload.
Devs can't remove links in other people's posts, but they can remove them from the OP if they own the thread although they are not allowed to do that to stop leaks.
The OP isn't updated automatically. It has to be done by an uploader and it can take hours. Until that happens, the dev can stop the link by removing the file, if it's his upload, as mentioned above.

• Angry
Reactions: Ragnar

NuYellow

May 2, 2021
Probably one of the better thriller game I've played, do we know how far is the game from its ending?
The game has been around for almost 3 years now, will we receive the ending at 2023?

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Ragnar
What's with the facepalm? I corrected your post which contained several errors.
Devs can't remove links in other people's posts, but they can remove them from the OP if they own the thread although they are not allowed to do that to stop leaks.
Because if they do that they get banned. So yeah, technically speaking they can remove links temporally from the OP if they own the thread but that's bannable.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: supermanz95

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Because if they do that they get banned. So yeah, technically speaking they can remove links temporally from the OP if they own the thread but that's bannable.
Yeah, I said they weren't allowed to do it, but they can. Which is why it's good people are aware of this and report it if it happens that a dev abuses his ownership of the thread. But that is obviously not what happened this time since the OP hasn't been updated since May 15.

I didn't facepalm your post although it contained at least 3 things that are plain wrong. :poop:

me130

Dec 11, 2017
No, devs can't remove links from threads on F95.
This is a Pirate site.
So if the dev can't remove the link. A random moderator came across the links, deleted them and then deleted the subsequent posts quoting the links? Because I can guarantee the links were posted, not with the report button but as a reply in this thread. They were DMCA'd taken down by the dev in literally 1 minute (The Mega link was down and Gdrive made private) and in the next few minutes all the posts that even mentioned the links were deleted too.

Why would a moderator do that? (I guess as the Dexter guy pointed below it might be all posts were deleted to not confuse people)

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
So if the def can't remove the link. A random moderator came across the links, deleted them and then deleted the subsequent posts quoting the links? Because I can guarantee the links were posted, not with the report button but as a reply in this thread. They were DMCA by the dev in literally 1 minute (The Mega link was down and Gdrive made private) and in the next few minutes all the posts that even mentioned the links were deleted too.

Why would a moderator do that?
If the links were taken down...the mod might have removed the posts as to not confuse people trying to download.

Reactions: peterppp and me130

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
So if the def can't remove the link. A random moderator came across the links, deleted them and then deleted the subsequent posts quoting the links? Because I can guarantee the links were posted, not with the report button but as a reply in this thread. They were DMCA by the dev in literally 1 minute (The Mega link was down and Gdrive made private) and in the next few minutes all the posts that even mentioned the links were deleted too.

Why would a moderator do that?
Look up what DMCA means. It would be stupid for a dev to DMCA his own link when he can just remove it/the access, which is obviously what happened.

Reactions: me130

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
wow your time scale seems a little off to me ... between 12.2 release and 13 ... coming a week after ... from what you had said .. is a few weeks off :ROFLMAO:

SplashCC

Aug 8, 2017
Probably one of the better thriller game I've played, do we know how far is the game from its ending?
The game has been around for almost 3 years now, will we receive the ending at 2023?
According to WP we'll get to the end in about 3 more releases (if i remember right), not counting these staggered ones (which are huge). The others will be lesser ones, about two-three months work. This one is so massive its bigger than most other games.

Then he is back to quickly finishing Shadows over Manston and then into his next project.

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
So if the dev can't remove the link. A random moderator came across the links, deleted them and then deleted the subsequent posts quoting the links? Because I can guarantee the links were posted, not with the report button but as a reply in this thread. They were DMCA'd by the dev in literally 1 minute (The Mega link was down and Gdrive made private) and in the next few minutes all the posts that even mentioned the links were deleted too.

Why would a moderator do that? (I guess as the Dexter guy pointed below it might be all posts were deleted to not confuse people)
Moral of the story, download stuff, and then upload it on a separate Mega or GoFile link. Stop pasting the official download links.

Reactions: sztrb and me130

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Moral of the story, download stuff, and then upload it on a separate Mega or GoFile link. Stop pasting the official download links.
Sure, for this game at least. Most devs aren't sitting around waiting to take down their leaked links. I doubt most active devs here would do it even if they see it happening.

MrFalcon71

Aug 9, 2017
How game requests works? Anyone know about who responds requests or how games leak here? Because some of the games drops here almost simultaneously when updated.

Zatanna2

Jun 14, 2018
How game requests works? Anyone know about who responds requests or how games leak here? Because some of the games drops here almost simultaneously when updated.
Anyone that got the download link, from their sub to patreon or other site can share it on game request post

4.60 star(s) 146 Votes