1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
Some attempt at realism when it is meant to be a realistic who done it would be an improvement.
The goal of fiction is not to "be realistic" but to "be believable". In other words, fiction is not meant to mimic the real world, but rather attempts to create its own internal universe with consistent rules and logic that does not threaten the suspension of disbelief - i.e. "believable". Even works of fiction that aim to "be realistic" as possible often aren't, or at least it appears that way to the audience, by virtue of the fact that , hence the adage "truth is stranger than fiction". This is not even counting "realistic" things in fiction that are often ignored for the sake of brevity and artistic license - for example, how come we never see MC taking a shit, or filling up his car with petrol/gas?

In the specific case of Stephanie, why is what she does unrealistic by real world standards? She's semi-dating MC, and she goes clubbing. Was it because she yelled at those other drunk girls? Police officers are people, and off-duty police officers act pretty much like anyone else. It's not like she's doing anything absurdly crazy, she's just seeing one guy she likes who happens to be a lawyer.

A better argument on police behaviour would have been Vanessa (DCI Cavendish) dating MC, given there's a huge conflict of interest with Vanessa being the lead investigator on Lydia's case, and Vanessa otherwise seems like a sensible woman. Even then, you can justify it as Vanessa being somewhat desperate to get back into dating. Besides, people have engaged in plenty of inappropriate relationships in the real world.

This is not to say the game is perfect when it comes to being "believable", I myself have already pointed out a number of flaws in this game. This latest update introduces a couple more (have the police not already searched Lydia's home and garage?), but the complaint that Stephanie (or Vanessa) are not "acting" like a police officer should is not really valid.

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
Good stories... One of my fav. Why did they abandoned SoM?
AFAIK dev abandoned SoM being they overburdened themselves with too many characters and branching paths, making development unsustainable, hence Defending Lydia Collier's focus on a more streamlined story and less characters.

Reactions: Britfinder13

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Only to get stuck in the many characters conundrum all over again. We already have a bunch of dames to possibly pursue ... by game design or by gamers' projections / intuition / drive to ... rail them all ... so again the possibilities are endless for things to go awry. Hope devs can focus on making 200 renders for 5 scenes , possibly slipping some 5-10 frames animation in there and use some stock office / corridor / home renders to plug all the gibberish they want to give a sense of some story ... seing as players are already at it bashing the character traits not developed very well
in this story so far. Please be gentle and treat all dames to your throbbing .. er m .. convincing ;)!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Only to get stuck in the many characters conundrum all over again. We already have a bunch of dames to possibly pursue ... by game design or by gamers' projections / intuition / drive to ... rail them all ... so again the possibilities are endless for things to go awry. Hope devs can focus on making 200 renders for 5 scenes , possibly slipping some 5-10 frames animation in there and use some stock office / corridor / home renders to plug all the gibberish they want to give a sense of some story ... seing as players are already at it bashing the character traits not developed very well
in this story so far. Please be gentle and treat all dames to your throbbing .. er m .. convincing ;)!
I agree that there could be that risk at some point; hopefully WP will discipline himself to avoid it. I might be forgetting some of them, but I think right now there are really only 4 women that have shown signs of being future love interests, though: Ellie, Stephanie, Vanessa, and Tanya.

Tanya might just be easy sex, rather than an actual LI.

Given the story she tells, it seems Lydia is supposed to be bisexual, so you could possibly add her to make it 5 women, depending on how things progress. (Let's not think on the moral / ethical problems of the MC getting into a romantic / sexual relationship with Lydia.)

I don't think Yennifer can be counted; I'm guessing she's a lesbian and not bisexual (although I could easily be wrong, ofc).

If there are more, remind me of whom I'm missing, b/c I really can't think of others right now.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i believe Lydia could be an LI also seeing the choices presented...those are the type that lead to woo
the choice that makes me believe that is where you say "spend time together" or "yennifer"..i think spend more time together is what leads on her LI path

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
i believe Lydia could be an LI also seeing the choices presented...those are the type that lead to woo
Yep. And, while not necessarily meaning pursuing something more romantic later, the We could always spend some time together choice would seem to imply a possible future LI with her.

• Wow

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
A female cop can't hook up with a lawyer she finds cute because . . . why exactly? Your point makes no sense to me. It's not like the game has her sleeping with the whole police department or anything.

She met the MC at a grocer, then again at the pub. She accidentally takes a seat at the MC's table (thinking he'd left) and strikes up a conversation b/c her friend was a no-show. She doesn't even meet the MC in any professional capacity until after that. If she already decided she found him attractive, why wouldn't she be willing to hook up with him? It's not like his walking into the precinct was the first time she saw him and she decided to jump into bed with him right away.

Obviously, you're entitled to your opinion, but it seems pretty unrealistic to me that no female cop in London could ever be like Stephanie. People have totally different personalities and lives. Sorry, but I don't buy it.
Dont buy it in this very PC world. The days of a PC popping into the local for a swift pint while on duty are dead. This would be considered totally unprofessional. The City of London police considers itself very elite force. In the Met anything goes.
It is but a story. Lets keep it at that.

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
Linux and Mac downloads are still v0.03.1. It's kinda mean to only update the windows version.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
The Nopy link downloaded malware on my computer. Handle this game with caution!
Hmmm, I used NOPY to download this, and I received no virus alerts. Could it be a false alert that have been known to happen with these games?

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
This game is alright. Decent story so far. Good choices, for the most part. The renders are about average. I will return to this game.

Reactions: saolo996

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes