D

Deleted member 2114730

yeah there changing the code to make the game able to handle more and complex system that is easier to use

Kanayame

Feb 1, 2018
So now we have all the explainations needed as to why the update is late. Hopefully some here will calm down.
I was going to make a joke here, but I'll instead offer my worthless insight on this latest post. While it is a good explanation for why things are moving at a rather glacial pace despite the promise that it was ready in a matter of days, it highlights a consistent problem with the development process of the game: The sheer scope of changes each incremental update brings to the game. From making all the little mechanical changes in the background of the game to become current with new content to artwork that has to work on a layering system that customizes character models based on player decisions with also having to write multiple variations of multiple scene which reflect player input... that's complex and ambitious. Perhaps needlessly complex and overambitious. And each progress report promises even further additions which will require even more work under the hood which, consequently, takes time away from working on the actual content that players are more focused on which leads to the perception that very little is actually being done between updates.

From this perspective, no wonder there are so many delays: When you have to go back and rework what you have already done, that can be more time-consuming than just adding new content, since all the changes have to be reviewed and tested thoroughly to make sure nothing gets broken as a result. Perhaps at this point it would help to have a sit down and rethink and refocus the developmental road map of the game so the project can be tackled more efficiently without having to worry about so many irons in the fire, but that's just my dumb opinion on the matter.

Now, this is not an indictment nor a defense plea toward Punished Mulan. I will not accuse them of laziness nor criticize the way they are tackling development for this game. They are the creator and how they develop the game is entirely in their wheelhouse. This is just me throwing my thoughts out there as a response to the last couple of development logs I have read previously. If it helped inform your own opinion in some way, awesome sauce. If not, that's cool too, and thanks for taking the time to read some rando's take on the whole shebang.

Heh... shebang.

Reactions: asgir546

asgir546

Oct 15, 2019
I completely agreee with you. This post shows very well Mulan's perfectionnist inclination. As a perfectionnist myself, I however understand the interest of incrementing the changes to the whole game one update at a time. For if every amelioration is delayed for after the end of the game was released, Mulan&co may lose their interest in the game and thus stop developping it once they hit 1.0 or 1.1/1.2. Moreover once the game is mostly finished patreons may lose their interest and stop supporting them, pushing the team to stop development even if they wanted to go further. I am not in their head, but I were to guess, I would probably say something like that in on their mind.

D

Deleted member 2114730

Must have missed it. Here it is.

I’m waiting for Moana to catch up to me and finish testing every option and possibility. Meanwhile I’m already working on the next update.
-
I worked on “pregnancy” option for the outfits;
-I rewrote “mid day” task for Farm “day four” (basically wrote a new one);
-I worked on a “layered” version of “Fisherman Park” event;
-Moana has moved from fourth event and now she’s doing “mid day” tasks and fixing bugs.
I still believe that it's a question of days, but this is something I can’t predict and can only speculate on.
Tha said, the update will happen this month and it will happen soon. I'm certain that from now on we will manage to deliver updates once a month, but the actual “date” can’t be predicted.

As you know, there will be 4 events (2 sleep + 2 Barn), but for us it’s closer to 12, due to all of the different text and appearances (Preg, lact, lust, int, fetishes and their combinations.)
The nature of new events changes drastically based on your content preferences, the “thing” Kira is required to do is completely different and so is the motivation of her captors.
The thing Moana struggles the most is not the text or art (that does take time tho), it’s hard for her to code in “the action”.
So, when I write a simple line like (Kira moves to… Kira needs to gather… Character appears… Etc.) Moana is coding in and testing all of the “permissions”, new characters move from location to location and they all have different dialogue before and after the events tied to your content preferences, some doors become closed, some become open and it all needs to happen at the right moment for every possible path, otherwise you will be stuck or won’t know what to do.
And that is what she's doing right now.
Example: There was an “action” part where Kira needed to go from point A to point B, and she was “punished” every time she took a step in a wrong direction - this was our way of telling you where you need to go, after the “testing” on multiple PCs we had to change that, since this “invisible wall of events” was eating too much of memory and causing the game to lag.
Usually Moana has to wait for me to finish writing/drawing, this time is an exception due to the farm having more routes.
On top of that, she’s still struggling with our “memory leaks” issue (crashes).

The constant experiments with loading screens, cash dumps and different ways of fixing this problem do take a solid chunk of her time. Especially since the problem is rooted in how RPG Maker is made. But I may have a solution for this.
I need Moana to code in events and my script, I can no longer afford to let her work on a solution to our “crashes”, and I can’t fix the issue myself either - so I will hire a person to create a custom plugin for us in the upcoming month.
As for me, I’m done with my part, so I was working on the “system” stuff and artwork for pregnancy in character art. I also had a funnier idea for a “mid-day” task, so I rewrote it and then I moved on to the logic behind our “layers” system (since we now have “preg” and “lact” content, I think this is the final time we’ll change it).
P.S: This doesn’t break save files.

Changes to our “Layers” system (V1):
Moana insisted that I’d tell about her heroic act of fixing a “problem” (not really) she herself created a year ago, something that wouldn’t ever be noticed by anyone, wasn’t an issue at all, and was known only to her - “outfit top” layer was below the “outfit bottom”, and now they are in the right positions.
She accomplished this miracle by manually switching the layer order of all outfits (1000+ pictures), which caused her severe emotional distress.
But in all seriousness, this heroic act had some logic behind it - it technically allows us to separate outfits, yes we are now “technically” able to let you pick and combine different tops and bottoms. This was her own idea, and that’s why she did it.
I’m saying “technically”, because this feature requires a complete overhaul of our current outfit system, I’ll need to resave every outfit and Moana will need to assign each “part” how revealing it is, so that the npcs could react. This overhaul will also require a new interface, since our current “wardrobe” pop-up window is less than ideal.
We will do this “outfits” overhaul, but not now, since it’s just a nice feature and it’s not a “burning” issue that needs to be addressed.
This new “layers” system is included in the next update, it does nothing in terms of gameplay, but it is important for the future.
Changes to our “Layers” system (V2):
I was doing “pregnancy” layers this week, and this is what changes our layers will need to go through in order for it to work.
Yes, half of the work Moana did when she switched top with bottom for V1 was basically wasted, since she’ll need to move the “bottom” layer even further, but that’s the price of any development - things change, and they change fast.
That said, I am now certain that “pregnancy” for every outfit is possible and will be included right after our next release. We will also start transferring our older events to the system, starting from the “Fisherman park” event.
I’ve looked at the park event and I think I need to know the “max” size prior to editing it, or any event for that matter - since depending on how big Kira can get, we might have to change the pose completely.
So, if you have any thoughts on how “giant” Kira’s breasts should ultimately get - please dm me some examples. It is my understanding that some of you wish to see “ridiculously” giant proportions, but how big? I mean the final 9th size the game will have.

We’re wrapping things up, I’m already working on the next version and Moana is finishing up with what’s left for the upcoming update.
Moving forward the updates will be released each month, including this one, and I intend to commission a person to create a custom plugin for our game. A specific plugin that will fix our crashes.
Meanwhile, please tell me what should be the upper limit of Kira’s breasts, I need that information to properly layer all of our events, now that we’re finally starting to layer them.
Thank you all for your patience and support, the end is almost here!
I hope they add a Rasputin character with theme music

Reactions: asgir546

WildCookie

Sep 2, 2017
Great game, been following it for some time now and it's only getting better!

As a side note, I liked the old face better (up to v.4), this new one feels kinda weird for me.

baltic1284

Apr 27, 2019
Hello does anyone know what the message after you get your first breast growth and before you meet the guy in the hospital who wrote that message and where do i find theme

D

Deleted member 2114730

Hello does anyone know what the message after you get your first breast growth and before you meet the guy in the hospital who wrote that message and where do i find theme
no one is quite sure actually some think its olga but others think some one else

BlueRose12

Feb 14, 2019
I need help, what I'm about to post might sound retarded because I'm like the opposite of tech savvy.
I played this game on a website in browser, but it just doesn't save. So I came here and decided to download it from Mega. But then when I click to open and run it in Internet Explorer, it just doesn't. So I figured I might need a player, so I downloaded RPG Maker VX Run Time Package, but I can't seem to get it to open through that. Can someone give me some simple instructions please?

Leafless Twig

Dec 18, 2018
I need help, what I'm about to post might sound retarded because I'm like the opposite of tech savvy.
I played this game on a website in browser, but it just doesn't save. So I came here and decided to download it from Mega. But then when I click to open and run it in Internet Explorer, it just doesn't. So I figured I might need a player, so I downloaded RPG Maker VX Run Time Package, but I can't seem to get it to open through that. Can someone give me some simple instructions please?
1605728416745.png

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes