123Ins123

Feb 20, 2021
Release notes

Howdy! Here’s what’s up:

This version fixes a lot of bugs and introduces the first part of Kira’s character art overhaul. I call it “first part” because it is a half of what I drew, only things that are visible to the player (accessible ones) and has almost no “in advance” artworks, the rest need more thought put into them before being added to the game.

Another reason is that I’ve decided to undertake a challenging task of updating all of Kira's outfits and I’m halfway through. In this version, the contrast between upgraded lower body and outdated upper one may seem a bit rough, but the remaining art will be upgraded relatively soon.

I also made the mistake of completely changing Kira’s “default” underwear. This new version doesn’t look good with half of outfits and I will change it into something resembling its previous iteration in the next update.

Apart from that, this update is heavily focused on fixing all reported bugs and I can’t stress enough how much reporting on them helps us. So thank you all and please continue doing so in the future. Especially now when we have changed Kira’s art completely and created new and exciting bugs (no doubt about that).

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The developer himself writes that there is nothing new in this update. Well, why download it??? The second update this year (well, just a performance record), and new content in the game, for this year 0%

• Haha
Reactions: sani45

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
How do you get the crazy Kira personality? and are the different story branches if Kira goes Bimbo?

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
We went from "end of August for sure" to 2 months of delays, had the twice delayed update that was supposedly near full completion before any delays were even announced instead split into parts to be released "as they're finished", and updates going forward are now explicitly turned away from backend and graphics despite those being the entire focus of the 15+ months of supposed development.

Oh, and the updates we have received have all blatantly been made entirely during the delay windows instead of during the fabled 15+ months, and somehow things that were claimed to have been finished months ago and awaiting release are now incomplete and still being worked on as per the delay explanation's unintentional reveal of info that directly contradicts previous claims.

I am downright impressed at this point.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
We went from "end of August for sure" to 2 months of delays, had the twice delayed update that was supposedly near full completion before any delays were even announced instead split into parts to be released "as they're finished", and updates going forward are now explicitly turned away from backend and graphics despite those being the entire focus of the 15+ months of supposed development.

Oh, and the updates we have received have all blatantly been made entirely during the delay windows instead of during the fabled 15+ months, and somehow things that were claimed to have been finished months ago and awaiting release are now incomplete and still being worked on as per the delay explanation's unintentional reveal of info that directly contradicts previous claims.

That's more or less how the development of this game has gone since mulan 'temporarily' took out the mosfilms section of the game. Possibly before that. It's honestly not something I bother worrying about.

Reactions: Azeric

Fakersoul

May 26, 2017
All the "problems" Mulan states that happened with this new update are really not issues. I don't know what spaghetti coding this game has but if you replace the old art with newer ones it doesn't fucking break the game or cause graphical issues. The game does what the code says, it calls for KiraPose1 and if that pose was replaced by an updated one it fucking calls that KiraPose1 to display it. If that has caused something to break then... yikes.
And all of those other points would have already been solved if you did the one thing most digital graphic teachers remind their students every 5 minutes: Layer your fucking art so you can change them easily and display them properly.

Karkhel

May 15, 2017
Changelog:
-FreshMulan keeps scamming his patreons.
-No new content added.
-Don't use Patreon.
All fair except the last part... you do realize that probably half of games still updated here wouldn't be even made if it wasn't for patreon right? Just be reasonable with your spendings on patreon and pick artists you trust. This is a pirating site but telling people not to fund games is against everyone's interest unless you are some no fap weirdo who just hates coomers getting more games.

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018

We went from "end of August for sure" to 2 months of delays, had the twice delayed update that was supposedly near full completion before any delays were even announced instead split into parts to be released "as they're finished", and updates going forward are now explicitly turned away from backend and graphics despite those being the entire focus of the 15+ months of supposed development because people are impatient and don't know what they want.

The rest is a lie.
I am downright impressed at this point. You seem to take any straw and milk it dry in order to make me look “bad”.

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
All the "problems" Mulan states that happened with this new update are really not issues. I don't know what spaghetti coding this game has but if you replace the old art with newer ones it doesn't fucking break the game or cause graphical issues. The game does what the code says, it calls for KiraPose1 and if that pose was replaced by an updated one it fucking calls that KiraPose1 to display it. If that has caused something to break then... yikes.
And all of those other points would have already been solved if you did the one thing most digital graphic teachers remind their students every 5 minutes: Layer your fucking art so you can change them easily and display them properly.
Do that, replace new updated artworks with the older ones. see what happens - nothing will work. I just spared you the details in the changelog.

syralic

Jul 23, 2018
We went from "end of August for sure" to 2 months of delays, had the twice delayed update that was supposedly near full completion before any delays were even announced instead split into parts to be released "as they're finished", and updates going forward are now explicitly turned away from backend and graphics despite those being the entire focus of the 15+ months of supposed development because people are impatient and don't know what they want.

The rest is a lie.
I am downright impressed at this point. You seem to take any straw and milk it dry in order to make me look “bad”.
Seriously you don't need a tinfoil hat to see that people are pushing an active defamation crusade, each time I check this thread you see people advocating against the game, telling others not to support it.
Supporting does not mean buying a product or even completion promises, most people supporting artists and devs on Patreon quite know this. People can pull support whenever they like, we don't need people in a denial love/hate relationship with the game/artist/work tell us, we can see updates on Patreon and have a feel about how our support should go from there.

Yes some Patreon have true PR machines running their updates, they deliver often a predictable amount of content or have dedicated people to manage subs expectations, well not all teams work like that, I'd rather have a dev/artist communicate about what he/shes wants to do and even when than silence by fear of the expectations he/she would set. Besides I don't see any of those teams pulling out a work like Defenestration, it's unique and I'm 100% positive it's thanks to how it's made, it got so far so I can only hope you can take it even further, a shame you have to sort out "feedback" that matters in this cesspool of a thread.

Last edited:

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
Yes, redrawing ALL art to show ALL changes that Kira can undergo now and in the future is an update. New event is an update. heck, even bugfix is an update.

The game changes, evolves, becomes better. It is not the same. Don’t be silly.
I'm obviously being a bit hyperbolic to make a joke. You can't seriously expect anyone to place much value on anything outside of actual tangible content right? All of those sound like excuses after a certain point. Out of those three points, only the new event is an update to a consumer.

But I'll change it. "if its been nearly the same thing for years" is that good enough now?

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Seriously you don't need a tinfoil hat to see that people are pushing an active defamation crusade, each time I check this thread you see people advocating against the game, telling others not to support it.
Supporting does not mean buying a product or even completion promises, most people supporting artists and devs on Patreon quite know this. People can pull support whenever they like, we don't need people in a denial love/hate relationship with the game/artist/work tell us, we can see updates on Patreon and have a feel about how our support should go from there.

Yes some Patreon have true PR machines running their updates, they deliver often a predictable amount of content or have dedicated people to manage subs expectations, well not all teams work like that, besides I don't see any of those teams pulling out a work like Defenestration, it's unique and I'm 100% positive it's thanks to how it's made, it got so far so I can only hope you can take it even further, a shame you have to sort out "feedback" that matters in this cesspool of a thread.
Screaming at me won't make me work faster. Claiming the game is abandoned won't make it abandoned. The heck are they even trying to do here? Being a “good boy” and alarming others of a “shady” developer? There’s no way in hell any one of them cares about anyone else.

I'm obviously being a bit hyperbolic to make a joke. You can't seriously expect anyone to place much value on anything outside of actual tangible content right? All of those sound like excuses after a certain point. Out of those three points, only the new event is an update to a consumer.

But I'll change it. "if its been nearly the same thing for years" is that good enough now?
Yep, that is better. But you’re missing one key part - this wasn’t my personal whim, people asked me to do this, patreons voted on it and here we are.

I’m still busy writing and drawing everything I promised my patrons, I never went back on my word.

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
Yep, that is better. But you’re missing one key part - this wasn’t my personal whim, people asked me to do this, patreons voted on it and here we are.

I’m still busy writing and drawing everything I promised my patrons, I never went back on my word.
I may truly be missing something i doubt people voted on bugs that needed to be fixed or art that needed to be replaced or promised content being delayed month after month. Thats entirely on you mate

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes