ARLASKY

Oct 19, 2018
Interesting question indeed. Shall we place our bets on the safer option of two months or go all in for one week???
there was that vote, so I'm assuming that the patreons voted for a complete release. which means it'll probably be a while, but at least we won't be getting terrible bugs and glitches and missing content, I think.

practicalspice

Feb 7, 2020
Hopefully the next update will make things seem more coherent.

Felt like the version of the game I played had a lot of inconsistency and felt a little empty.

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
Last progress report is giving me optimism. I hope mulan spend enough time doing farm to release it in a month after gym. Two big updates in six months is much better then one in five.

If coding has become such a bottleneck in progress, maybe its better to divide updates into groups. Like, once a month releasing content patch, once a 3months some major mech patch.

Last edited:

impossibleis7

Sep 4, 2019
Last progress report is giving me optimism.
Lol, I had the exact opposite effect reading the progress report. To be honest its just this section (I am positive about everything else)
That’s why I’ve decided to spend my time on Katya, plus I have warrior blood and it demands sacrifices (Die Hans! Die!)
makes my brain go,
Huh, the guy just started working on something new (even before the game released). Why does this seem familiar?... Oh shit!!!, this is pretty much what happened every single release. Will he be able to wrap thing up by the end of this month!, What if he doesnt like the outcome?, etc.
I really hope this doesn't come true, but we'll see won't we.

altshi

May 29, 2017
If coding has become such a bottleneck in progress, maybe its better to divide updates into groups. Like, once a month releasing content patch, once a 3months some major mech patch.
I think this is the question on a lot of our minds, why not release smaller, consistent updates as well? I've been under the assumption that rpgmaker is probably a terrible engine for the level of freedom they want to have with the game to the point where the game is unplayable most days out of the month, but if that isn't the case, I think it'd quell a lot of the impatience people are having if we got small, fun updates to pass the time with. Now, I'm giving myself yanderedev ptsd where that guy just added pointless youtuber meme features into his game instead of working towards finishing it, but I'm sure Fresh Mulan could handle both adding small things and working towards story better than him.

CouchPillow

Aug 6, 2016
..., but I'm sure Fresh Mulan could handle both adding small things and working towards story better than him.
Highly unlikely. I would have to disagree based on the devs record over the past year. However being able to produce small and fun updates while simultaneously working on a large one is quite an amount of work and I don't honestly expect many devs to really have the resources to do such a thing. To be blunt, that's a lot of work.
I personally recommend people do one or the other in order to keep the quality of the game as well as keeping the amount of work manageable.

I have to personally apologize to Fresh Mulan as my comments earlier were just out of frustration as I had paid money over an extended period of time and didn't see that there was much progress on the game. However due to that, everything I had said was justified.
I did not mean for this thread to blow up into a hate rant against the dev and for there to be a split between people's opinions. We should relax a bit and just wait for the next update.

Fresh Mulan definitely has some great ideas however an idea is only as good as its execusion.

CorwinFr

Feb 19, 2018

I think this will be the first time in the history of our game where we will release an update without making last minute edits and running around like headless chickens (Yay!)
We want to release it on the 30th, but just to be safe, I’m going to say that it will drop on
31st (not last minute, but still). With it I will publish that public post I’ve mentioned a couple of times already:
Everyone who pledged to us over the course of the last four month can dm me and I’ll send them an update, because I made a mistake of spontaneously making this update a giant one, instead of releasing it in chunks each month, and I want to make things right.
A lot of our problems with our "grope system" take root in miscommunication, even with my written guide and verbal explanations, Moana still did not fully understand what exactly I wanted this system to do.
And I, in turn, had no understanding of how she’s coding it, or the reality of what we can and can not do for technical reasons.
Thankfully we’re over it now, we achieved the most important thing - the system works, we will be able to revise it, add things to it, and all of it will automatically be shown everywhere we use it.
From other things we did this week:
-
Small interaction at the start of the game in a residential area (not erotic).
- Three small random scenes when you’ll enter the Aug’s shop (not erotic, have conditions).
- Different background for gym gropings (different from gym squattings)
- Two slightly different versions of “crowd” for gym "grope" events on random (drawn crowd, instead of our usual shadows).
- Resaved and recoded 17 pictures needed for Katya’s gropings (twice, because of two stupid mistakes caused by our endless resavings)
- Found and fixed a ton of new bugs.
- Completely changed text in some places (had better ideas), and fixed some typos.
Right now we’re polishing things and doing more “word building'', small dialogues and references all over the game. There’s still a couple of things that I want to edit before releasing 0.4.7 (like art in some older events), and we definitely need to run through the gym a couple of times more to see all possible dialogue/appearance changes, but it is more or less complete.
With the gym chapter being closed, we will continue working on the farm and I can’t wait to share our ideas with you.

Based on the current state of the game, I’m sure that we will not delay it again and manage to release it before or on 31st of March.
I don’t have any exciting news or a teaser to share, because I haven’t drawn or did anything worth showing, for the most part, I just edited and adjusted existing artwork.
As usual, thank you all for your patience and support, hopefully you are all doing great, or at least okay, given that the prophecy was right and the end is indeed pretty damn close!

CorwinFr

Feb 19, 2018
Im so hype ! And yes I support Fresh Mulan on Patreon even if there is delay I hate ;) I'm very confident for the futur of this game, will see ! :)

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
Sooo... maybe update the tags? it looks like there's exhibitionism, mind control, hypnosis? I look for games by tag and had I know there was public nudity in the game I'd of jumped on long ago.

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
Yeah... I'll give this a pass... I LOVE exhibition games but the writing... The writing gives me such a headache....
I'll come back in a few updates to give the game another chance because I love exhibition, ENF and EUF.

Reactions: dankjuul
4.00 star(s) 103 Votes