Nej_Aldrig

Dec 6, 2017
So did Mulan ever get held responsible by their community for the whole "15+ consecutive months of funding went towards 0 development time and got caught lying about it" thing?

Because that still happened...
On the other hand, 'tis a pirate forum y'know

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
So did Mulan ever get held responsible by their community for the whole "15+ consecutive months of funding went towards 0 development time and got caught lying about it" thing?

Because that still happened...
What do you mean by "held responsible"? Do you want to put them in jail? Do you want to spank them? Do you want to reenact scenes from the game on them? Figure out what you want before throwing out meaningless word salad.

People vote with their wallets. If you like their work, you have the option to pay. If you are unhappy, don't pay. That's all there is to it. Everyone will make their own decisions - telling other people how to spend their money is ridiculous.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
What do you mean by "held responsible"? Do you want to put them in jail? Do you want to spank them? Do you want to reenact scenes from the game on them? Figure out what you want before throwing out meaningless word salad.

People vote with their wallets. If you like their work, you have the option to pay. If you are unhappy, don't pay. That's all there is to it. Everyone will make their own decisions - telling other people how to spend their money is ridiculous.
I mean... it is actual fraud for over 10k, so... maybe? In the US, at least, that's a felony offense and Patreon's based in California.

Also no, I'm not gonna bother trying to engage with a bad faith argument to defend a known liar and their crowdfunding scam. But I will continue drawing attention to it, because things like that don't get to be shoved under a rug and forgotten.

nuqqur

May 8, 2018
I mean... it is actual fraud for over 10k, so... maybe? In the US, at least, that's a felony offense and Patreon's based in California.

Also no, I'm not gonna bother trying to engage with a bad faith argument to defend a known liar and their crowdfunding scam. But I will continue drawing attention to it, because things like that don't get to be shoved under a rug and forgotten.
Okay, let's see what you actually sign up for if you decide to pay money on Patreon. The full, exhaustive list of what is promised is the following: Alpha version of the game, Access to subscriber-only posts, Access to polls. No timeline is promised. Therefore, all it means is "whenever there is a new alpha version, you will have access to it" and similar for the other things.

Patreon is for supporting creators. It gives the option for you to pay creators you like in order to give them the motivation and opportunity to work on something. Whatever they say in their posts is just communication with their community, it is not part of some "contract" that you signed with them by paying. Anyone who thinks Patreon creators are somehow legally bound to create something for you are delusional. It is not a commission site.

The analogy here would be you subscribing to someone on Twitch. Imagine suing someone and being like "your honor, I have been subscribed to her for 3 years, but she still only streams once every 2 months and comes up with excuses as to why she couldn't stream more often. I want my money back!". That's literally the same situation as with Patreon. But maybe describing your delusional expectations to you from another angle lets you snap back to planet earth.

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
thx but it is not working I think something misses in zip
Nothing is missing. Start a new game, skip intro. Save in game menu as "File 1" (which actually is a file name "file4" in your computer). Go to and extract compressed archive into game save folder, replacing the file. I have checked by DELETING all my save files. So it seems you are doing it terribly wrong.
EDIT: Than go back to game and load in game menu "File 1".

Last edited:

Daedra6646

Dec 31, 2017

Payment through patreon systems is far different than normal commerce of anything else man.

You're not paying for a product. You're a digital patron giving them money. They don't have to provide a product, this isn't kickstarter. If he stops updating, you as a person who apparently cares about these things, can immediately stop paying.

3.90 star(s) 103 Votes