Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
Hah. I feel like there are some rather unfathomable ethical considerations on display here given that this is a forum explicitly built on sharing and redistributing things for free against the wishes of their creators... Mind you, I'm all in favor of people paying for what they want to support/see more of (as that's realistically the only way more of it will be made), and I'm also in favor of getting permission when you can...but the option that I wanted was not catered to and it took a pretty decent chunk of time and effort to fix that I wouldn't want anyone else to repeat, and so if somebody happened to also want that option and told me, I'd certainly upload it for them because that's just silly, drama queens be damned.

quadangle

Apr 10, 2022
considering that I've seen at least 2 sideview mods be taken down by the authors, plus a shit ton of clothes mods due to these drama, I'm just trying to be cautious about sharing these with people

Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
considering that I've seen at least 2 sideview mods be taken down by the authors, plus a shit ton of clothes mods due to these drama, I'm just trying to be cautious about sharing these with people
I get you. But drama queen babies are going to be drama queen babies sooner rather than later, only a matter of time until somebody sets them off for some minute issue and they take their ball and go home.

Is there an offline download for this one?
The side-pic thing, I forgot the mod name.
It was linked to on the previous page...but the way that the additional graphics work is that it just adds the face-view graphics directly to the normal sprite .pngs, simply by putting all the different elements of the face-view to the right of the sprite in a combined image. Which means that the sprite and the face-view are not agnostic to each other: I installed and enabled the mod and it superimposed a BEEESSS-style face onto my vanilla-style sprite, and it took hybridizing each individual .png that the mod changes (something like 200) in order to get both the vanilla-style sprite and the face-view that I wanted (as further evidence to this, the implementation also overwrites and is incompatible with my "Left Wide Eye" mod that enlarges that too small left eye in the vanilla sprite). It's a clever implementation, but also rather clunky and not at all flexible. If anybody did want the hybrid version of the mod that I created, I would give it to them, as making them repeat the work for no reason is utterly asinine - and I'd say that right to the face of the creator if necessary.

Last edited:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I get you. But drama queen babies are going to be drama queen babies sooner rather than later, only a matter of time until somebody sets them off for some minute issue and they take their ball and go home.

It was linked to on the previous page...but the way that the additional graphics work is that it just adds the face-view graphics directly to the normal sprite .pngs, simply by putting all the different elements of the face-view to the right of the sprite in a combined image. Which means that the sprite and the face-view are not agnostic to each other: I installed and enabled the mod and it superimposed a BEEESSS-style face onto my vanilla-style sprite, and it took hybridizing each individual .png that the mod changes (something like 200) in order to get both the vanilla-style sprite and the face-view that I wanted (as further evidence to this, the implementation also overwrites and is incompatible with my "Left Wide Eye" mod that enlarges that too small left eye in the vanilla sprite). It's a clever implementation, but also rather clunky and not at all flexible. If anybody did want the hybrid version of the mod that I created, I would give it to them, as making them repeat the work for no reason is utterly asinine - and I'd say that right to the face of the creator if necessary.
Share share~~~

Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
Share share~~~
But don't you use the BEEESSS visuals? Why would you need my hybrid version? Think you'd be better off with the original.

(e): Also, there is one other issue with that mod: the author has only done 14 of the main (fringe) hair styles, and only 4 of the side hair-styles. If you choose hair-styles outside of the ones they've done, your character on the side-view will be...bald! They don't appear to have added any further hair styles since October of last year, not sure if they're planning on adding anymore.

Last edited:

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
Modding drama is incredibly annoying and stupid for the most part in the same way that things like fansub or scanilation drama is. People will throw hissy fits and screech while turning around to burn down their own work and sabotage users over incredibly stupid shit all the time. I play Starsector which is a great game but one of the modders had a gigantic meltdown and inserted code to brick peoples save game into his own mods and mods other people made because someone took something he made that he gave permission for people to modify and turned it into an 18+ mod he didnt like. Like fuck that guy in particular but also holy shit dont prod the autists.

Summary of what happened if you are interested.

Meme review of the game because its great.

RayBar

May 12, 2020
Modding drama is incredibly annoying and stupid for the most part in the same way that things like fansub or scanilation drama is. People will throw hissy fits and screech while turning around to burn down their own work and sabotage users over incredibly stupid shit all the time. I play Starsector which is a great game but one of the modders had a gigantic meltdown and inserted code to brick peoples save game into his own mods and mods other people made because someone took something he made that he gave permission for people to modify and turned it into an 18+ mod he didnt like. Like fuck that guy in particular but also holy shit dont prod the autists.

A fellow Sseth enjoyer! Him,Dovahatty and IDidAThing used to be my favs.Well they still are,though Dovah hasn't uploaded in quite some time:(...Wonder what happened to him

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
But don't you use the BEEESSS visuals? Why would you need my hybrid version? Think you'd be better off with the original.

(e): Also, there is one other issue with that mod: the author has only done 14 of the main (fringe) hair styles, and only 4 of the side hair-styles. If you choose hair-styles outside of the ones they've done, your character on the side-view will be...bald! They don't appear to have added any further hair styles since October of last year, not sure if they're planning on adding anymore.
I just want the hikari mod offline, there we go finally remembered it.
I dunno how to do it even if I have DoL+ offline ver.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
I was curious, I noticed that there are quite a few HTML games that have a similar kind of core structure setup UI wise to this one and it made me wonder if those were all made using some engine or if it's just a coincidence? If they were made using some kind of engine I'd love to know what engine it was.

sordidllama

Feb 22, 2020
I was curious, I noticed that there are quite a few HTML games that have a similar kind of core structure setup UI wise to this one and it made me wonder if those were all made using some engine or if it's just a coincidence? If they were made using some kind of engine I'd love to know what engine it was.
Made with 'Twine' I believe

Reactions: Ifllslonly

chichong

May 7, 2020

You know what's funny? Just yesterday I was looking for a very specific modification for Starsector (weapon repair in combat) and according to reddit it was part of a mod called (drumroll) exotica technologies. But that mod was nowhere to be found. Then after a bit of digging I found the author was banned and all his mods removed. I was like it is what it is.

Then I got to read about the whole story in the less likely place to get more info about what happened. heh.

Karakisha

Nov 3, 2019
I'm gonna repost the two commands I get a decent amount of use from when my saves get lost or I'm just feeling lazy.

in the console for your browser paste this to unlock all feats. (I am unsure if it works with the online version, but I know for sure it works with the locally-run one.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To get the best use out of the first one, make a super basic save, all default settings. Then once you're past the attitudes or whatever screen and are in your room, open your console and put in the feats command, save the game, then use options to restart the game. You should have all of the feats unlocked. Bonus: This works for modded versions that add new feats!

Jul 1, 2019
the search function is shit for 2 reason, 1 its not in chronological order and 2 includes posts that are replies, like your comment
If you go under advanced search settings, there are options on how it sorts results. As for including replies... eh, I've tracked down a lot of answers on forums that lacked keywords except for in the quoted text.

Reactions: Golden_Buddy
4.50 star(s) 179 Votes