antediluvian

Dec 29, 2019
I'm of two minds about the more fantastical elements of the game (transformations, monster girls/boys, etc) And that the game seems a little unsure about it being either real or just in your mind. Conceptually, both of these can be in the game, but I would personally like to see either a more solid line between reality and hallucination, or if the game would run with the concept and expand on it. Say, people in the town having different opinions on whether the fantasy elements exist or not, perhaps your own mental state ties into if you believe in that stuff.
I'm pretty sure the game deliberately leaves that in the air expressly because it's supposed to be part of the game's whole PTSD Simulator 2018 vibe; the MC is supposed to ask her/himself whether s/he's really losing her/his mind or not -- or especially, whether the city really is out to get her/him. Dr. Harper is of the firm opinion that none of it exists and that it's all in the character's head (all the while asking the player to go down on a dog). IMO, I think it's all real and the townspeople are simply in fervent denial because how could any of it possibly be real, you know? It's almost certainly related to the fact that the city was built on ancient ruins and whatnot. On the other hand, the game also gives you a bit of agency to decide whether monstergirls/boys are tied directly to your mental state, too. Keeping you guessing about whether it's real or not seems to be the point!

I'm also quite sure that Vrelnir has plans to flesh out all this stuff with more of the town's history, based on one of their replies to one of my feedback tracker requests back in August.

Lovecraftian horrors would be freaking fantastic, though.

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
I'm pretty sure the game deliberately leaves that in the air expressly because it's supposed to be part of the game's whole PTSD Simulator 2018 vibe; the MC is supposed to ask her/himself whether s/he's really losing her/his mind or not -- or especially, whether the city really is out to get her/him. Dr. Harper is of the firm opinion that none of it exists and that it's all in the character's head (all the while asking the player to go down on a dog). IMO, I think it's all real and the townspeople are simply in fervent denial because how could any of it possibly be real, you know? It's almost certainly related to the fact that the city was built on ancient ruins and whatnot. On the other hand, the game also gives you a bit of agency to decide whether monstergirls/boys are tied directly to your mental state, too. Keeping you guessing about whether it's real or not seems to be the point!

I'm also quite sure that Vrelnir has plans to flesh out all this stuff with more of the town's history, based on one of their replies to one of my feedback tracker requests back in August.

Lovecraftian horrors would be freaking fantastic, though.
I would indeed be glad if expanding on these things is in the cards. To clarify, the thing I have mixed feelings about is that the fantasy elements are treated different from one another. Monster girls/boys are by default only a thing if you hallucinate them, but your transformations (if enabled) are unambiguously real. I am wondering, if perhaps it would be better to apply the same potential explanation(s) for what exactly these things are across the board. (perhaps add some potential monster girls/boys that can show up without you tripping balls (outside the option that makes them real in the menu), or some transformations that only happen when tripping)

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
So i've zeroed in on the "Brothel" problem and found that it's not really to do with the Brothel content(stripping, extra events[fan, group or pig shows] and glory holes) or even how early you can get to it but more to do with the prostitution events you can trigger.
With all the other Pro events they are either compleatly random to trigger(the street ones) or you have to grind a stat(seduction) really really hard just to get $100 consistantly(the Pub events and even then Brier will often send goons to either steal $500 from you or throw your ass to the gloyholes) and even the Club ones you have to pay the licence fee up front. But more importantly you can brute force the event to trigger often and without much effort.
Now lets compare the danger of getting the Pro events to the other high risk big $$$ paths, Crime and Treasure Hunting.
First Pro: If you dance too long the crowd will drag you off the stage and rape you, this can be stopped by stopping at lecherous or filled with carnal desire and then just retrying. Thats it.
Crime:First you have to raise the Skullduggery stat and your $$$ scales with each bigger skilled job with some big $$$ random gets. However while doing this you also raise your Crime level meaning the police will harrass you more(not dangerous unless they steal your cloathes) but when you passout and go to the Hospital the Cops will drag your ass to the pillory(where rape awaits you and you miss 24Hs of in-game time). But because you'll be constantly raising Crime this will ALWAYS happen when you passout and go to the Hospital. Plus all the little dangers waiting for you in each home and every NPC you steal from(mostly rape).
Treasure Hunting: The Treasures can only be found in the MOST dangerous parts of the game. The Forrest, Old Sewers, Lake Ruins and now the Trash Heap. Do i have to go into just how dangerous there areas are? The answer is VERY!
So compared to these it's more dangerous walking the streets then getting the Pro events at the Brothel and that i think is the "Brothel" problem. Quick, easly triggered, not dangerours big $$$.
So... Where's the problem? Yes, getting in big with a professional prostitution establishment where you can make a career of whoring IS safer than looting ruins and stealing from people. Or is the problem that you think it makes the game too 'easy' compared to other money making methods and want the creator of the game to heavily nerf it or something?

Ayumi T

Sep 16, 2019
I imported my save to 0.2.7.2 and found a bug in the aftermath of the dinner party punishment.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Happy with the Cafe change, after a few events I was able to get Sam to delighted finally. :)

Oct 24, 2017
I dunno if this was mentioned (and I'm a little too lazy to go through over 100 pages to find it) but will there be pregnancy adaption to the game? Mainly for the female characters in the game like Kylar or Robin and maybe Whitney?

Androinz

Jun 17, 2019
When i save the game before a choice and then load it back, the event vanishes. Is this a bug or a feature? I didn't encounter something like this in the previous version.

Edit: It seems the problem is bound to that specific save file. I probably broke something. Well, time for a new character :D

Last edited:

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Is there an option to be dominant in this game? (though obviously it's not really the game's theme)
The dominant part is fighting back. The submissive part is letting it happen/taking part.

I dunno if this was mentioned (and I'm a little too lazy to go through over 100 pages to find it) but will there be pregnancy adaption to the game? Mainly for the female characters in the game like Kylar or Robin and maybe Whitney?
There will be pregnancy. How much and how far remains to be seen.

When i save the game before a choice and then load it back, the event vanishes. Is this a bug or a feature? I didn't encounter something like this in the previous version.

Edit: It seems the problem is bound to that specific save file. I probably broke something. Well, time for a new character :D
It happened to me as well, but not sure if it's a save file issue. RNG events like student harrassment in class reset to no event upon load. Fixed events seemed to stick through loading.
I loaded a rng event save about 10-15 times and no other random event popped up at all so i'm inclined to believe it's rather a bug than a feature.

Reactions: atur

Ayumi T

Sep 16, 2019

It happened to me as well, but not sure if it's a save file issue. RNG events like student harrassment in class reset to no event upon load. Fixed events seemed to stick through loading.
I loaded a rng event save about 10-15 times and no other random event popped up at all so i'm inclined to believe it's rather a bug than a feature.
I've noticed this too. Could it actually be a fix, rather than a bug, to stop save-scummers like us? :p

Oct 24, 2017
The dominant part is fighting back. The submissive part is letting it happen/taking part.

There will be pregnancy. How much and how far remains to be seen.

Okay cool. That would be cool to see and whatnot. It would be interesting if there would be a "social status" of being known as a "breeder" and whatnot

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
So... Where's the problem? Yes, getting in big with a professional prostitution establishment where you can make a career of whoring IS safer than looting ruins and stealing from people. Or is the problem that you think it makes the game too 'easy' compared to other money making methods and want the creator of the game to heavily nerf it or something?
If you go back to my Cafe update post on page 157 you can find the Pro problem in action, but basicaly it makes getting big money early in the game ridiculously easy and breaks the games dynamics of the scaling of getting money throughout the game. Making all the other "jobs" obsolete unless you "just" want the content they give.
And i have a possable proposal to "fix" it, gate that part of the job behind a time lock that releases when your rent reaches $2000. becaust that's the point in the game i feel you need access to those quicker higher paying jobs.

Reactions: PerpetuallyAmiss

Androinz

Jun 17, 2019
I think it happens if you Cheat and Confirm during an event. Confirming the settings in Cheat section forwards the time a little and it skips all the events too. I think the bug is related to that. Well, it says in the Cheat menu right under the Confirm button that this may cause problems if used during events. I guess i was careful while using Cheats up to this point.

I've noticed this too. Could it actually be a fix, rather than a bug, to stop save-scummers like us? :p
Lol. I don't know how many times i went back to an earlier save just because i think 'this is not moment my character should be screwed'

Reactions: Midge
Aug 14, 2019
Well
I think it happens if you Cheat and Confirm during an event. Confirming the settings in Cheat section forwards the time a little and it skips all the events too. I think the bug is related to that. Well, it says in the Cheat menu right under the Confirm button that this may cause problems if used during events. I guess i was careful while using Cheats up to this point.

Lol. I don't know how many times i went back to an earlier save just because i think 'this is not moment my character should be screwed'
At least as far as im aware, this in indeed a bug and a rather annoying one at that due to the lack of errors. Ive spent a good number of hours trying to locate the exact issue and I knew it would take long for others to notice. Makes the game to easy to exploit so need to be resolved.

Okay cool. That would be cool to see and whatnot. It would be interesting if there would be a "social status" of being known as a "breeder" and whatnot
That would be cool, tho as much as I want it in, its down to the writers and artists, Ive at least set the groundwork for the mechanics of pregnancy in my little anal pregnancy feature but that was the easy part to begin with. The player being able to produce milk is a step forward tho if you think about it.

Fangii

Aug 19, 2019

I made a Useful Links paste for the game. I feel like we really needed it. Now you have all links together in one place.

So two things:
-I know that the game does come included with a Links .txt, but it doesn't include links to the Gitgud repo and the Bitbucket error reporter.
-This is a bit more detailed than that file. It tells you what the links are for. I've also included several mods made by the community to squash that question of "Hey, are there any mods for DOL?". Who made them, the description of what it does, as well as the game version they're the most compatible with (or was made for) and so on.

Here is an example:

GAME VERSION: 0.2.6.2
Author: bthshs
Description: Removes (nearly) all traces of Morgan the sewer dweller from the game. They are no longer interactable by the player, and cannot be encountered within the Old Sewers. Note that this will make the Old Sewers much easier to deal with.
Link:
WARNING: Ignore the two errors when launching the game. They are harmless to your experience.
INSTRUCTIONS: Extract the zip file contents. Run the .html in your browser of choice.
It goes without saying that I, or Vrel aren't responsible for any mods you use. So use them at your own risk.

If there's any other mods, let me know.

There's a few other mods I'm aware of, but they're very likely too out of date. I only made an exception for the Feminine Lewdity mod because I like the look of it and it's been reported it works in newer versions (with mixed results) so I just thought to include it there, even if it was made before the clothing overhaul update.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Is there an option to be dominant in this game? (though obviously it's not really the game's theme)
Not really. Easy mode and using cheats to keep awareness, promiscuity, exhibitionism, and deviancy maxed and purity minimized allows you to take more initiative in getting to the fun encounters, but nothing really that I know of allows you to be much more than at best a willing participant.

Oct 24, 2017
That would be cool, tho as much as I want it in, its down to the writers and artists, Ive at least set the groundwork for the mechanics of pregnancy in my little anal pregnancy feature but that was the easy part to begin with. The player being able to produce milk is a step forward tho if you think about it.
I'm not a fan of anal so I tend to remove that feature in the game. I am glad that you were able to use your talent with the project it's just not my thing with anal. But yeah it would be neat to final see the full pregnancy mechanic to come into the game.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
There is, but transformations are a little underwhelming at the moment. The wolf transformation just gives you bite and i'm pretty sure there's a scene where one of the teachers takes you by the ears if you've been bad. I'm hoping in the future transformations will have a bigger effect on things, like cave scenes being more involved duo to being transformed. Being transformed doesn't matter much in general.
Yeah, you get wolf ears (I think that is the extent Vrelnir has worked into the game so far) and yeah have EVERYONE spot the MC for the first time react would add a mountain of flags just to keep track of that one thing, first time seeing the MC changing into a wolf.

Dropping the number of people that actually give a damn that they noticed should be the named characters -- the ones that play a crucial part in scenarios. And unless the character seeing a transformation has issues with it that will be the end of that form with that person -- like a named person has allergies to dogs sooo...

Not dealing with physical transformation but clothing or lack thereof where that should not be happening -- nude outside for instance. When the MC's fashion changes, let's say goth, for instance, anti-goth should at least say "ew", goth love her style, etc. That should be the last the MC hears that from that character. Others have yet to see it of course.

Nude, torn clothes, etc. everybody should react no matter how times since that would be a single flag carried by the MC: "are you naked or showing some naughty-bits".

You get my drift. Not wanting you to populate the world with flags upon flags, just the named people. :cool:

Yeah, we're discussing shit you've ran through you mind or at least 99%, huh? Keep up the great work!

Reactions: atur
4.50 star(s) 186 Votes