FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah those are the two things that get me right now. By about week 3 it's like you have all the stats you need to make bank and being raped isn't really a concern anymore. You just become a HJ/FJ/BJ machine lol. I always restart or take a break from the game by that point, doesn't feel like much else to do. I've only made it to the start of the math competition like 3 times in all my playthroughs.

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
The difficulty could be higher and i think Vrel has some plans for that but i don't think it should be Impossible to get away "unfucked".
True it shouldn't be impossible but now it's a near certainty. As the posts by Mitsuna & FruitSmoothie attest to as well, if you satisfy the rapists with your hands/feet/boobs/thighs/mouth you'll basically always get away "unfucked". The exception is when you very rarely might have a poorly timed orgasm but that's about it. (Talking about common encounters here, obviously the pillory or being raped by a huge mob are quite different situations altogether)

So I would truly welcome some revamp of the system to rectify this, however I truly understand how challenging this is. So no complaining here just an observation I wanted to share. So just...please continue writing awesome content :)

Last edited:

Kinky_One

Jan 16, 2018
So, i just start to wonder... The game is now at 2.8 stage. Somewhere between the end of february and start of march we will probably get a 2.9. After that... what? Will the game get another big revamp like the clothes one, so that it goes to 3.0, or will we get a 2.10? Anyone wanna bet? :LOL:

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
True it shouldn't be impossible but now it's a near certainty. attest to as well, if you satisfy the rapists with your hands/feet/boobs/thighs/mouth you'll basically always get away "unfucked".
I actually don't consider mouth/bjs to be getting away clean, unless they jizz on your face(not in it). Any intake of jizz(or milk so i also don't count sucking milk either) loses you Purity. And yeah i think because we are veterans to this game at this point we feel like it's piss easy so wanting a way to make it more difficult is natural.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
So, i just start to wonder... The game is now at 2.8 stage. Somewhere between the end of february and start of march we will probably get a 2.9. After that... what? Will the game get another big revamp like the clothes one, so that it goes to 3.0, or will we get a 2.10? Anyone wanna bet? :LOL:
I think the farms coming up soon so i think that will be the 0.3.0 and i'm guessing April-ish.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
I actually don't consider mouth/bjs to be getting away clean, unless they jizz on your face(not in it). Any intake of jizz(or milk so i also don't count sucking milk either) loses you Purity. And yeah i think because we are veterans to this game at this point we feel like it's piss easy so wanting a way to make it more difficult is natural.
I understand what you are saying and it's definitely true. However I'd say any real girl who gets away from a very dangerous situation "just" with a blowjob will be counting their lucky stars, at least in retrospect. (Btw I think you can even avoid BJs most of the time by being proactive with your appendages & pulling away if they try to penetrate)

Genuinely not trying to nitpick here, just if my suggestions were to have even a tiny role in imbuing DoL with more realism...I'd be very happy :)

Apocryph

Oct 25, 2018
It's a great game, if a bit repetitive, but I can't help but thought, that maybe it might be a good idea to add some more dominant side to PC during consensual sex, because it's a bit weird, that even though sex partners allows PC to be assertive, they still behave as if they are being raped with only difference in lack of defiant option. Especially, male PC, whose sex options fully depending on their partner actions.

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
I've been wondering, does the Pet Shop and the Attic actually have any events? I've yet to see anything in either of them

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
It's a great game, if a bit repetitive, but I can't help but thought, that maybe it might be a good idea to add some more dominant side to PC during consensual sex, because it's a bit weird, that even though sex partners allows PC to be assertive, they still behave as if they are being raped with only difference in lack of defiant option. Especially, male PC, whose sex options fully depending on their partner actions.
The combat system seems to be a cover all so yeah the 2 are the "same". I think there's a overhaul coming at some point as talk of a Dojo is being added so we'll have to wait and see.
I've been wondering, does the Pet Shop and the Attic actually have any events? I've yet to see anything in either of them
Not yet but you can talk Kylar into building you something in the Attic.

Reactions: atur

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Wall of text bigger than wall of China
I do agree some criticism is being way more agressive than it should. Specially taken into account that the game is nearly made by one person only and doesn't ask for invest to get to his stuff. Yes I know Lollipop Scythe and others from time to time also help, don't get me wrong, you know what I mean. Don't worry, I didn't forgot you :) Although the way criticism was made was wrong, some of OP facts are still fairly recomendable. And please, don't confuse this with new content. We all want new stuff, but time is the enemy is the enemy of perfection. The game is fun because of his mentality when creating the game and created a somewhat big playerbase, let him do his stuff. We all want stuff (insert pregnancy meme here I guess), but be patient and don't mix it with criticism.

About the criticisms on the comment above, I do must agree with the text and options. Don't get me wrong, I understand it's original and it isn't that easy to change without transforming the whole fighting system. However, I do agree some options need to change, or the effects. It's true that sometimes we get to use spam the same option in a fight. While changing that is hard without adding option, I beg that you please add more text diversity into the game at least. It would change so much in terms of fighting experience. Examples are like adding options of talking (or moaning) when talking, different expression when both cum at the same time, difference on moans, ways to express minor consent after being forced (like brainwashing or corrupting RPG for example), ways to speak about partner actions (asking to be rough, more gentle), etc etc. Also the diversity of options on submissive mode is way more noticeable than on defiant mode for example. There are so many examples I could mention and I wouldn't shut up. And yes the adding name instead of "he" "she" could give a bit more, but it isn't as critical as what I mentioned above imo.

Of course some of those may even change on future patches the more content is added. And I'm pretty sure Vrelnir wants to add more content fast to please the one who want pregnancy, to be a stable addition and use the options the game gives. I also want pregnancy, I won't deny it, but personally a minor overall on character dialogue and interaction would be important before adding more content and map places. I do believe you would have less work in the future but hey, who I am to talk, I have 0 experience in making games.

About the less raping options, this isn't a Sims game. The goal of the game is how you work with the lust on the city. That's the whole point of the game. If you want to separate that and make more harassment stuff then on that case I would agree. But this isn't a game to chill a tan on the beach and take a drink at the coffee before going home. Well with the latest version you even serve a special kind of drink, but that's a different case.

I wouldn't dare saying horrible writing if that the game wasn't so popular. Inexperienced might be the better option. If there is room for polish? Of course, but I wouldn't call it horrible. I mean this isn't one of the Machine Translated games. You probably are forgetting this is a mini html game, like a side job for the creator, which fortunely exploded in terms of popularity. It wasn't ment to be that exceptional job to milk the patrons. But the care of being fun is still very present, and the presence of him (or her sorry if I'm mistaken) in forums shows that, and the development and reception of criticism is being made with care. I understand you're used to labeled games, but even if you don't like something try to not to be rude. Probably not you goal, but having several mentions of "horrible", "heartless", "tedious", "lack of flavour" doesn't help to accept your criticism open minded. Keep in mind the last version is v0.2.8.2, and last one was v0.2.7. I guess that shows how "chilled" the game is being developed. The game is clearly in develop and was a mini fun stuff that exploded because players actually like it.

On a sidenote, I hate that trend on RPGs you mentioned of having a magical item that fix the clothes on map. There is a purpose of losing the clothes and fighting for the clothes. Asking for that clearly shows you didn't play the game enough no offense. I understand I'm a bit suspicious on this though because I like to play with my female character naked and ready for action, but who am I to judge. Spread love, not hate.

I guess your whole critiscim was based on those RPG or Renpy games, who were drawn as a fund to get some money. This isn't, it's a fun little project which developed into an atual popular and fun game. Keep also in mind, that many of those games lose playerbase overtime (not speaking about big titles of course). This one despite all the (mostly polite criticism) it receives the playerbase still remains. Because players and devs recognize this is a for-fun project that will take time to please everyone, and even the playerbase engages in making and defending criticism from time to time. Just be patient.

Sorry if I repeated a bit myself up, but was getting out of words to give a complete answer.

When i want to start the game it says.... Access is denied... why?
If you're playing on a browser please confirm you're giving cookies and storage permission. Otherwise the game can't check progression state.

Last edited:

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
I understand what you are saying and it's definitely true. However I'd say any real girl who gets away from a very dangerous situation "just" with a blowjob will be counting their lucky stars, at least in retrospect. (Btw I think you can even avoid BJs most of the time by being proactive with your appendages & pulling away if they try to penetrate)
Genuinely not trying to nitpick here, just if my suggestions were to have even a tiny role in imbuing DoL with more realism...I'd be very happy :)
It's cool, i don't see your point as being "nitpicky" as we are dicussing how you would like the game to maybe conform more to IRL and to the difficulty level of "combat" this game has(even i have to save scum and repeat a day because of bad RNG and not because of a difficult encounter). Were as i tend to want it to stear away from the IRL feel i can see a need for the difficulty balance and i also hope it will get addressed (Mookie, others and i were discussing this 2? patches ago on the blogspot forums so i wont go into it here unless you want me to) but i think the idea is important in general.

Reactions: _DarkDesires_
Aug 14, 2019
Some nice large walls of texts. As much as Id love to spend all my time on this game with how fun development of it has been for me, im only a volunteer helping Vrelnir out and I dont expect that to change. There are too many ideas I have and things I want to fix myself for me to get to everything and I would say that Vrelnir is in the same boat, he doesn't exactly have an army of developers to work with, as much as that would cause completely different problems :D.

Combat certainly needs more work on, tho fixing certain areas like having the next button at the top of the page is more nightmarish. And yeah, I dont like the large amount of line breaks either. There is still some behind the scenes things going on regarding combat, so any work on them has to be done carefully.

Reactions: Fangii

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with that is that this game is too much of a joke to take seriously. Everytime you go somewhere in it you get raped
More or less.

I also made a mistake. Should be "but you CAN'T suggest the opposite (Do Y)". In other words, you are completely at the mercy of the partner and what it decides to do.

Reactions: atur
4.50 star(s) 186 Votes