EpicGamer4239

Apr 24, 2020
An idea keeps rattling in my head, but I have no idea if it's interesting to anyone but me - naming main character. At the basic level, you'd just have the ability to type it in and "Your name is <whatever>" would appear on your characteristics tab. Maybe a composition book could be in your room, and examining it'd let your write / change your name on the cover? Even if not acknowledged by any characters in the game, it might make things a little more immersive, and give players who run multiple characters an in-game way of naming them.

A level beyond that would be a setting to play third-person and have the experience of guiding a character instead of becoming one, with their name used when appropriate. Stuff like "He grasps <name>'s panties in his right hand. He positions his cock in front of <his/her> mouth." This would be a lot more work due to the tense and possessive weirdness of the English language.
Vrelnir did a Q&A, one of the questions was "How about a name? I mean, it would be really cool for the PC to have a name"
The answer was "I've considered it. It's in the maybe pile."
I attached the source, the question was 5.27.b
Thought I might as well put it here.

Bathory666

Nov 3, 2021
Any idea when or what will the next update be about? Want to replay again but don't want to miss a good update
Adult shop and sex toys are the main things you can expect next update.

Some notable new things since you last played:
New NPC: Sydney, an entire new love interest you can meet in the school
Robin in history class
Community service for criminals
Lewding Mason in the school locker rooms
Stalking encounters on the streets
Prison for criminals
The Wraith, an ancient evil
Plantpeople in the forest and moor
Double penetration, i.e. double anal and double vaginal
A photoshoot job with Niki
Multiple new events at the wolf cave
More work at Charlie's dancing studio
NPC clothing

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
An idea keeps rattling in my head, but I have no idea if it's interesting to anyone but me - naming main character. At the basic level, you'd just have the ability to type it in and "Your name is <whatever>" would appear on your characteristics tab. Maybe a composition book could be in your room, and examining it'd let your write / change your name on the cover? Even if not acknowledged by any characters in the game, it might make things a little more immersive, and give players who run multiple characters an in-game way of naming them.

A level beyond that would be a setting to play third-person and have the experience of guiding a character instead of becoming one, with their name used when appropriate. Stuff like "He grasps <name>'s panties in his right hand. He positions his cock in front of <his/her> mouth." This would be a lot more work due to the tense and possessive weirdness of the English language.
While not official, much like I've mentally named Ivory, I've also named my MC. Following in the footsteps of the developer, I've given the MC an unisex name. Though to be fair, I probably would have done that regardless. I like unisex names. :giggle:

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
Vrelnir did a Q&A, one of the questions was "How about a name? I mean, it would be really cool for the PC to have a name"
The answer was "I've considered it. It's in the maybe pile."
I attached the source, the question was 5.27.b
Thought I might as well put it here.
Oh cool, marriage is planned! Cause when Kylar did their little attempted kidnapped bride thing, I kind of wanted to go through with it. I was disappointed that wasn't an option, lol. Plus, possibly marrying Robin and Sydney just makes sense. Robin is sweet on you, and Sydney is conservative enough I think they'd probably be the no sex 'til marriage type (at least before corruption). As for other character's, considering Eden's current content, I do think you could convince them to do the marry. As for Avery, I think you'd have to meet their standards, which would be obviously high. Cause I think Avery's the type to want a trophy spouse. Whitney... doesn't really seem the marrying type, honestly. Even if they love you, I don't really see it. Ivory is dead, you probably can't marry them legally, but that doesn't mean you can't commit. I wouldn't expect marriage for the animal romance options, for obvious reasons.

Reactions: KhanJr
Jun 25, 2017
Oh cool, marriage is planned! Cause when Kylar did their little attempted kidnapped bride thing, I kind of wanted to go through with it. I was disappointed that wasn't an option, lol. Plus, possibly marrying Robin and Sydney just makes sense. Robin is sweet on you, and Sydney is conservative enough I think they'd probably be the no sex 'til marriage type (at least before corruption). As for other character's, considering Eden's current content, I do think you could convince them to do the marry. As for Avery, I think you'd have to meet their standards, which would be obviously high. Cause I think Avery's the type to want a trophy spouse. Whitney... doesn't really seem the marrying type, honestly. Even if they love you, I don't really see it. Ivory is dead, you probably can't marry them legally, but that doesn't mean you can't commit. I wouldn't expect marriage for the animal romance options, for obvious reasons.
Don't we already have animal husbandry?

• Haha
Reactions: sparrow_rose

atur

Nov 5, 2019
Really a big bummer to see that the final step of Sydneys Relationship is blocked off by being at least a Temple Member, just like the Full Museum Achievement... Any Chance that these will ever become accessible through the use of Skulduggery?

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018
I wish the game was less grindy. I love the content, but there's just too much grind. I've been grinding Whitney's love since forever and when it's not that it's grinding Skuldugery or something else. I think there should be a better way to gain those things, like maybe making it so you can find Whitney in more places other than either random chance in school or the park only when it's raining (maybe she goes to the pub somedays, maybe she hangs out around the dock idk, give her like a schedule or something). And the same thing with everything else. Keep some kind of grind, but make it so there are more ways to achieve that.

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
I wish the game was less grindy. I love the content, but there's just too much grind.
Am I the only one who actually likes the grind? I lose myself in the game as I work towards things. Plus, nothing feels particularly tedious. Nope, that's more of a Girl Life thing. Tedium, that is. Gotta eat, gotta sleep, gotta shave, must have social life or be much depressed, there's a health bar, diseases you can't get rid of without cheating, and even staying pretty is tedious (even with cheating!). I know you can turn a lot of that off in cheats, but it kind of hurts my heart to do so. Plus, you can randomly get a game over (you die) without really knowing why. This game is so much more chill by comparison.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
I have literally never finished any of the long term storylines you can't simply cheat your way through like working Alex's farm in this game (every time I try, a new version comes out and whoops, gotta start over). The grind in this game is among the worst of any games I've ever seen. The only ones that are worse are games like The Manor that make you watch literally the same sex scene 20+ times before advancing you to the next one. At least this game is sandboxy and randomized enough that not every day is *exactly* the same.

Reactions: Rexaureus and Fleep

Bathory666

Nov 3, 2021
I have literally never finished any of the long term storylines you can't simply cheat your way through like working Alex's farm in this game (every time I try, a new version comes out and whoops, gotta start over). The grind in this game is among the worst of any games I've ever seen. The only ones that are worse are games like The Manor that make you watch literally the same sex scene 20+ times before advancing you to the next one. At least this game is sandboxy and randomized enough that not every day is *exactly* the same.
Why do you need to start over? Saves are always backwards compatible. Are you having difficulty using your save on the new version, or do you just prefer to start over? If you're having difficulties importing your save, I can help.:)

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
Why do you need to start over? Saves are always backwards compatible. Are you having difficulty using your save on the new version, or do you just prefer to start over? If you're having difficulties importing your save, I can help.:)
Unlocking all of the feats requires multiple playthroughs.

How do I discard old clothes that I don't want to wear anymore?
There is a toggle in the Wardrobe, under the Clothing Type list, that has "Wear", "Discard", and "Separate Outfits". Select "Discard" and then select a piece of clothing.

DD2

Feb 10, 2019
how come the Discord for DOL is so bland? it should had gallery, suggestions, NSFW gallery, and stuff like that.

LawdStalker

Jan 9, 2018
I don't mind the grind that much, but the farm storyline indeed appears to take a long time, I also never finished it

how come the Discord for DOL is so bland? it should had gallery, suggestions, NSFW gallery, and stuff like that.
I'm pretty sure there's channels for all of that

Last edited:
Reactions: syslink and Fangii

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Time to steal a holy outfit and pretend to be one of 'em and do the final step?
The moment she learns you faked it, she might probably lose her mind and that's a big plus for me.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes