ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
What is a sure-fire way to avoid the wraith ? I just don't care about the event (it completely negates player agency, which is a huge no-no in my book) and I am already constantly busy elsewhere.

My previous save is now ruined because I grabbed some jewellery that started the nightmares. There were no indications or hints in-game that it could be nefarious (nice player-trap I guess), but anyway.

Time to start a fresh game. How should I proceed for the wraith never to appear ?

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
What is a sure-fire way to avoid the wraith ? I just don't care about the event (it completely negates player agency, which is a huge no-no in my book) and I am already constantly busy elsewhere.

My previous save is now ruined because I grabbed some jewellery that started the nightmares. There were no indications or hints in-game that it could be nefarious (nice player-trap I guess), but anyway.

Time to start a fresh game. How should I proceed for the wraith never to appear ?
In my experience, the only way is to avoid sleeping during a blood moon... which I think would be the last night of every month. If you don't sleep the wraith won't start pulling you across the world to the lake.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
In my experience, the only way is to avoid sleeping during a blood moon... which I think would be the last night of every month. If you don't sleep the wraith won't start pulling you across the world to the lake.
Yeah, that's what I read on the wiki too, and this kind of sucks.

I would be okay with the event if :

1/ it wasn't so damn long to go through (as I said, I just don't care about sex with "ghosts")
2/ it didn't repeat every month or whatever (bloodmoon?)
3/ I had at least some kind of chance to resist it (even with cheated stats, the wraith always "wins" eventually)
4/ it was avoidable to start with (now it seems to me that even if I hadn't picked up the necklace, the wraith still would have appeared)

Still, thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Cerneu

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018

Not sure if there is a sure-fire way. Even if you leave the necklace, sooner or later the wraith will appear. In the long run it will not change much if you take it or not. No reason to scrap the game, IMHO.

Since sleeping has to be avoided, get some sleep early on so that you are rested at nightfall. (That is if you don't forget that a bloodmoon is due as I do each and every time...)
There are some locations which are more or less safe. But this might change...
  • Dancing, very exhausting, there are pale interludes, but I guess they are harmless as long as you keep dancing.
  • the cemetery seems to be completely safe so far, I found out recently.
  • Excessive bathing? I guess? But that causes other unpleasant events during nighttime.
  • Excessive showering. Extremely boring, but I guess it's safe.
  • Any of the soft bad ends? Maybe too complicated? Morgan is maybe worth a try?

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
I appreciate you providing me with ideas.

I still hope that something can be done about this event (making it optional maybe, or at least not repeatable, or just modded out?). From what I gather, *some* players really dislike it (me included), most (?) players see it as such a waste of time that they will look for "unorthodox" alternatives like you described to avoid it.

I still prefer the pain of Bailey's weekly payments to going through the mind-numbing monthly routine of dealing with the ghost. As I said it's not sexy/interesting in the slightest (to me), and contrary to the rest of the game almost plays out without player input/agency. It's just a succession of click, okay yeah, click, hmm yeah, click...

Reactions: FFFFFACK and Cerneu

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
Yeah, that's what I read on the wiki too, and this kind of sucks.

I would be okay with the event if :

1/ it wasn't so damn long to go through (as I said, I just don't care about sex with "ghosts")
2/ it didn't repeat every month or whatever (bloodmoon?)
3/ I had at least some kind of chance to resist it (even with cheated stats, the wraith always "wins" eventually)
4/ it was avoidable to start with (now it seems to me that even if I hadn't picked up the necklace, the wraith still would have appeared)

Still, thanks for the reply.
You can resist it.

I don't know if high willpower is necessary, but you need to have low stress and pain before the possession happens.
After that, 'simply' try to go against them when they try to bring you to the temple. Eventually they will leave you alone.

I don't know if you can go to sleep after that though.

Another solution is to sleep before nightfall and then do some activities during the night (just don't litter in the streets and avoid the forest)

For what I understand, if you don't pick the necklace, they still appear, but not in their wrath form, and are easier to deal with (less rapy, and less trying to kill you) But then some events won't happen either (like invading the compound)

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I appreciate you providing me with ideas.

I still hope that something can be done about this event (making it optional maybe, or at least not repeatable, or just modded out?). From what I gather, *some* players really dislike it (me included), most (?) players see it as such a waste of time that they will look for "unorthodox" alternatives like you described to avoid it.

I still prefer the pain of Bailey's weekly payments to going through the mind-numbing monthly routine of dealing with the ghost. As I said it's not sexy/interesting in the slightest (to me), and contrary to the rest of the game almost plays out without player input/agency. It's just a succession of click, okay yeah, click, hmm yeah, click...
I'm afraid the wraith is somehow a key figure in the background story which is about to be unrevealed in upcoming updates.

Speaking about updates, the last sneaky update is almost a month old!? That's unusual. Something to be worried about?

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
Speaking about updates, the last sneaky update is almost a month old!? That's unusual. Something to be worried about?
I doubt it. Probably just adding a lot of stuff, ironing out bugs. Could be real life events slowing things down.

Golden_Buddy

Aug 9, 2020
Not sure if there is a sure-fire way. Even if you leave the necklace, sooner or later the wraith will appear. In the long run it will not change much if you take it or not. No reason to scrap the game, IMHO.

Since sleeping has to be avoided, get some sleep early on so that you are rested at nightfall. (That is if you don't forget that a bloodmoon is due as I do each and every time...)
There are some locations which are more or less safe. But this might change...
  • Dancing, very exhausting, there are pale interludes, but I guess they are harmless as long as you keep dancing.
  • the cemetery seems to be completely safe so far, I found out recently.
  • Excessive bathing? I guess? But that causes other unpleasant events during nighttime.
  • Excessive showering. Extremely boring, but I guess it's safe.
  • Any of the soft bad ends? Maybe too complicated? Morgan is maybe worth a try?
i have one more, the school library clothed, events after school only appear when naked and unless you you start in a season without school you should get (possible) the history requirement or skullduggery to break in

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Right location, wrong task :p
Bartending is easy on fatigue, so it's not hard to get through the night. Also, you could get lucky and hear about the smugglers.

Reactions: ladguru
May 25, 2022
Replaying the game now that a restoration patch exist, I feel that all relationship events need to be reworked.
  • Sydney: Needs an option to convince them about remaing chaste, with or without chastity belt, avoiding being forced to join the church which is problematic for those characters that aren't virgin or have sex constantly.
  • Kylar: The reward of being faithful and never cheat on them is getting kidnap?, This feels so forced and illogical when the playthrough is about only having romantic partners, they need an event where you are just told about their house, you visit them and they try to present their parents to you.
  • Whitney: They seem more deep than what they want to show, however this goes nowhere and there is no character progression at all. Not saying they need a 180º character change, but at least show more empathy toward the player and their friends, and vise versa.

I remember when I ask about Whitney to Vrelnir some time ago, they told me that there will not be character progression for them because they need to fill the rol of the school bully, but this for me makes the world more static and my choices less impactful. I guess is the same for Kylar, the game needs a creep and they can't have real character progress.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
2023-06-09 11_47_11-Degrees of Lewdity – Brave.png
I have a new issue...
What's wrong with her eye?

I don't even remember when this started.
Reloading the game does not fix it.

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
For what I understand, if you don't pick the necklace, they still appear, but not in their wrath form, and are easier to deal with (less rapy, and less trying to kill you) But then some events won't happen either (like invading the compound)
Im fairly sure the compound event happens even if you dont take the necklace.

Cream♡Pie

Aug 31, 2017

Personally I plan to make it so I'm fully rested the day I expect a Blood Moon, then end my Daylight activities by resting just enough to shave off as much Fatigue as possible right before Night falls (ie before 9pm) and then going out to the forest to forage stuff since I can at least profit off Blood Melons. Also gotta employ some tedious save-scumming tactics so I can avoid the Pasty Boi during my foraging.

4.50 star(s) 185 Votes