BodaciousBoar

Jun 13, 2019
Although this game is a small game, it is well-made and has a good text. Do heroes have any similar game recommendations? It is better to be rpg (this pixel looks really uncomfortable. )
Lilith's Throne might be the closest comparison
You basically just need to go along with most of the things she wants to do to you. If you're a mega slut this is a lot easier, keep this up & she'll eventually kiss you & claim "you're my partner now." But it does tend to take awhile & is always a pain in the ass on replays with how inconsistent she is with even showing up everyday. I often end up cheating to adjust her stats to fast forward it bc of how long it takes.
They'll always be at the park on rainy days after you first meet them in school. Definitely more of a grind than most but pretty easy to get them as a partner long before Halloween rolls around.

May 25, 2022
You basically just need to go along with most of the things she wants to do to you. If you're a mega slut this is a lot easier, keep this up & she'll eventually kiss you & claim "you're my partner now." But it does tend to take awhile & is always a pain in the ass on replays with how inconsistent she is with even showing up everyday. I often end up cheating to adjust her stats to fast forward it bc of how long it takes.
Ugh seriously. Kylar and Whitney piss me off all the time with that mechanic.
Oh you doing a save going after one of them? TOO BAD they never show up until it's a really bad time (say Whitney harassing you when going after Kylar's romance).
Not after them? YOU CAN'T GET AWAY FROM THESE BITCHES EVEN IF YOU TRY.
Sorry rant over. But this is another reason Eden and Alex are my favorite LIs.
In another forum we talk about this, let me quote myself:
"I remember the excuse being "Because someone needs to be the bully", that makes sense with Whitney as such but it doesn't with them as a romantic interest. Having a romance while Whitney remains as a bully makes sense if the MC is submissive, then is a dom/sub relationship, but the other way around doesn't work, if the MC is defiant and overpowers Whitney, could either be in control of the bullies or call out Whitney for their bullshit.

And this goes in hand with the whole school reputation system, which is another topic but is related.

The school reputation system needs to be reworked, if my MC who is the dork of the school can beat the shit out of the school bully, there is no reason for Whitney to remain as the big baddie in school and the MC still being bullied, in the same way, schoolmates shouldn't bully Kylar if the biggest baddie in school is their boy/girlfriend. Whitney can't maintain such status if they are constantly being beated by the MC.

And all of this ties down with something that I read on 4Chan... in thee dismiss event for Whitney, if the MC saves them, they will cry and be scared, is a really good moment for Whitney to realize that they had been really shitty and this is a second chance to do better or at least trying to be more kind toward the MC, triggering character development through future events...

But fuck no!, Whitney is the same shitty person as before after the MC literally spares their life, this is not an artistic choice, is just bad writing."

And I'm not criticizing this game so harsh because I hate it, I do it because I really like it and I want it to be better, not for me, but for itself.

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
In another forum we talk about this, let me quote myself:
"I remember the excuse being "Because someone needs to be the bully", that makes sense with Whitney as such but it doesn't with them as a romantic interest. Having a romance while Whitney remains as a bully makes sense if the MC is submissive, then is a dom/sub relationship, but the other way around doesn't work, if the MC is defiant and overpowers Whitney, could either be in control of the bullies or call out Whitney for their bullshit.

And this goes in hand with the whole school reputation system, which is another topic but is related.

The school reputation system needs to be reworked, if my MC who is the dork of the school can beat the shit out of the school bully, there is no reason for Whitney to remain as the big baddie in school and the MC still being bullied, in the same way, schoolmates shouldn't bully Kylar if the biggest baddie in school is their boy/girlfriend. Whitney can't maintain such status if they are constantly being beated by the MC.

And all of this ties down with something that I read on 4Chan... in thee dismiss event for Whitney, if the MC saves them, they will cry and be scared, is a really good moment for Whitney to realize that they had been really shitty and this is a second chance to do better or at least trying to be more kind toward the MC, triggering character development through future events...

But fuck no!, Whitney is the same shitty person as before after the MC literally spares their life, this is not an artistic choice, is just bad writing."

And I'm not criticizing this game so harsh because I hate it, I do it because I really like it and I want it to be better, not for me, but for itself.
Yep, I wouldn't be so against dating her if she got a redemption arc after being taken down a notch, but of course, we need that "school bully" for the entire playthrough

Brort

Mar 20, 2020
Does someone know why they taking so long to release the update?
Are they planning something big like the pregnancy update?

Reactions: M_e_*
Apr 13, 2022
Does someone know why they taking so long to release the update?
Are they planning something big like the pregnancy update?
On the modding discord server they aren't trying to remake combat sprites in the BEEESSS mod yet because they have heard from Purity that a combat (sprite?) update is on the way.

Edit:
You can find these messages from Purity in the official discord server (not the modding one)
2023-7-4 "The long term goal for the 0.5 update is a combat overhaul. But part of me thinks swarms should stay terrible, it's practically a staple of DoL that swarms are awful"
2023-8-10 " We're updating combat sprites to use the same renderer as the sidebar now."

Last edited:

Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
It seems unlikely we're on the cusp of 0.5 without any prior warning, though - I would expect a less grand 0.4.2 before that at the very least, though I haven't kept up to know of anything that might be being planned for it.

Reactions: M_e_* and ViviX12

jd0817

Oct 17, 2021
Does anyone know where or how to get sex toys?
Been a while, but I believe the only place to get sex toys is from Sirris's shop. You have to help them fix up the dilapidated building on Elk Street on Fridays in the afternoon (4-8 pm) for a couple weeks.

Reactions: M_e_*
May 25, 2022
Yep, I wouldn't be so against dating her if she got a redemption arc after being taken down a notch, but of course, we need that "school bully" for the entire playthrough
The thing is, if a player doesn't like Whitney, they can dismiss them, but the lack of options is a recurrent problem with all the romantic interest along with the lack of agency.

Robin: Since the Robin update dating them is just struggling, if you don't pay they get rape, if you get stun-lock by the huge amount of rape they get rape, if you get kidnap by a side character for weeks they get rape. The only way to progress is to throw away money constantly and pray that your MC don't get kidnap while Robin remains naive knowing what could happen.

Kylar: If you are faithful, don't date anyone else, treat her with care and love... Whitney randomly tell lies about the MC cheating on them and triggers the kidnap event where Kylar breaks all the character progress, returning to square one, and if you don't get stockholm syndrome you lose the chance to access the manor.

Whitney: As mention before, they remain as the bully even when you beat the shit out of them and rape their ass, the school still thinks you are a loser and Kylar is still harassed even if the player has Whitney dominated.

Sydney is the only one with agency from the player, with two clear paths to choose, although, you can't choose keep them virgin without consequences.

---===TLDR===---

All off this boils down to characters having no progress due to established roles; Robin needs to fill the role of the dork who gets abuse and humiliated, Kylar needs to fill the role of the creep stalker and Whitney needs to fill the role of the generic bully. The game just refuse to let these characters grow for better, they can only become worse to make their roles stronger and more clear.

I wish there is an update that let characters developed and grow, however, in order to do so, existing bad writen events need to be remove or change to allow such thing.

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
The thing is, if a player doesn't like Whitney, they can dismiss them, but the lack of options is a recurrent problem with all the romantic interest along with the lack of agency.

Robin: Since the Robin update dating them is just struggling, if you don't pay they get rape, if you get stun-lock by the huge amount of rape they get rape, if you get kidnap by a side character for weeks they get rape. The only way to progress is to throw away money constantly and pray that your MC don't get kidnap while Robin remains naive knowing what could happen.

Kylar: If you are faithful, don't date anyone else, treat her with care and love... Whitney randomly tell lies about the MC cheating on them and triggers the kidnap event where Kylar breaks all the character progress, returning to square one, and if you don't get stockholm syndrome you lose the chance to access the manor.

Whitney: As mention before, they remain as the bully even when you beat the shit out of them and rape their ass, the school still thinks you are a loser and Kylar is still harassed even if the player has Whitney dominated.

Sydney is the only one with agency from the player, with two clear paths to choose, although, you can't choose keep them virgin without consequences.

---===TLDR===---

All off this boils down to characters having no progress due to established roles; Robin needs to fill the role of the dork who gets abuse and humiliated, Kylar needs to fill the role of the creep stalker and Whitney needs to fill the role of the generic bully. The game just refuse to let these characters grow for better, they can only become worse to make their roles stronger and more clear.

I wish there is an update that let characters developed and grow, however, in order to do so, existing bad writen events need to be remove or change to allow such thing.
I mean, it couldn't be hard to code in like an event gate, so that it forces the PC to do all Whitney event first then the dismissive event for her, in order to make her realize the pain she caused and try to do good if the PC decided to not go through with dismissing her? Or is it? (though it would make the game a bit restrictive compared to before I guess)

Jimbobthehomohobo

Jun 30, 2020
I mean, it couldn't be hard to code in like an event gate, so that it forces the PC to do all Whitney event first then the dismissive event for her, in order to make her realize the pain she caused and try to do good if the PC decided to not go through with dismissing her? Or is it? (though it would make the game a bit restrictive compared to before I guess)
The problem isn't code to switch to another set of behaviors, it's having a second set of behaviors. I would love to see Whitney change, but it requires doubling all the scenes that involve them, and all future scenes. I assume that if something does happen it would have to be the focus of an update as having it half done would either end up with Whitney randomly acting with old behaviors when encountering scenes that haven't been rewritten, or the game skipping a bunch of Whitney content if it just skips things that haven't been rewritten.

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
The problem isn't code to switch to another set of behaviors, it's having a second set of behaviors. I would love to see Whitney change, but it requires doubling all the scenes that involve them, and all future scenes. I assume that if something does happen it would have to be the focus of an update as having it half done would either end up with Whitney randomly acting with old behaviors when encountering scenes that haven't been rewritten, or the game skipping a bunch of Whitney content if it just skips things that haven't been rewritten.
Right, forgot about the part of having to type the story out, though having the dismissive event be gated until all previous event involving her are cleared should still be a viable option to avoid rewriting everything since the previous events can be categorized as Whitney the bully then after the dismissive event, bully is switched for Whitney the reformed or something (unless there's something that I don't know about)

lraas

May 31, 2018
Its the type of content they could make once they are done adding random "new" content like pregnancy, new locations, new LIs, new animations etc. I guess the problem is that the planned content pile is more enormous than Whitneys dick. Personally I'd love it if they fleshed out the existing content more than adding new.

Golden_Buddy

Aug 9, 2020
i got 2 ideas for "rent" both requiring English check to convince the Bailey, 1 paying in advance 2 paying monthly rent. i would balance both by 1 making paying in advance cost 1.1 times more (2000 to 2400) and 2 making month cost 4.5 weeks at the highest(before the game stops increasing it so at the start(example start of the game 100,300.500,700 700 would be the amount x4.5))

Reactions: peasantkristoph

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Right, forgot about the part of having to type the story out, though having the dismissive event be gated until all previous event involving her are cleared should still be a viable option to avoid rewriting everything since the previous events can be categorized as Whitney the bully then after the dismissive event, bully is switched for Whitney the reformed or something (unless there's something that I don't know about)
Also it needs to be what the majority want. There have been polls run and Vrelnir is usually pretty active with the players to get ideas. So it can be a thing, just after a certain mass of people want the same thing. Also that sounds like major things, since they have to just add so much.
A long term goal to give the characters more personality would be a great idea though. Maybe do the Sydney approach and have the player influence them one of two ways. That way there's enough for multiple playthroughs but not so much that it overwhelms the writers.
(Actually my brain just recalled as I was typing what I was thinking of. Throne of Ashes. Each character has a main personality and two potential versions of themselves that depends on your playthrough. Those two will be opposites of each other but their main personality and ideals are still the same.)

May 25, 2022
Also it needs to be what the majority want. There have been polls run and Vrelnir is usually pretty active with the players to get ideas. So it can be a thing, just after a certain mass of people want the same thing. Also that sounds like major things, since they have to just add so much.
A long term goal to give the characters more personality would be a great idea though. Maybe do the Sydney approach and have the player influence them one of two ways. That way there's enough for multiple playthroughs but not so much that it overwhelms the writers.
(Actually my brain just recalled as I was typing what I was thinking of. Throne of Ashes. Each character has a main personality and two potential versions of themselves that depends on your playthrough. Those two will be opposites of each other but their main personality and ideals are still the same.)
In the last five surveys or so, in the question about what is the main aspect that players like, dating romantic interests is on top, you can check it out yourself. However, all the recent updates has been rape or new non-related mechanics like pregnancy.

Improving the side characters seems like the main objective from the surveys view, however, these has been neglected.

Its the type of content they could make once they are done adding random "new" content like pregnancy, new locations, new LIs, new animations etc. I guess the problem is that the planned content pile is more enormous than Whitneys dick. Personally I'd love it if they fleshed out the existing content more than adding new.
Definitely, not only romantic interests are under-develop, also a lot of mechanics and places. The brothel, the underground brothel, the police station, the dance school, all of these places have a lot of potential, not only new events but also storylines. However, the most neglected place of all is the school, with the never-ending grind for popularity with bullshit events and no compensation.

Also, I would love to see the combat/sex improve, with more dialogues and different personalities for different NPCs. For example, if you pick a college student who is virgin at the bar, they call you a bitch mid sex, or when you pick a married wo/man, they start beating you even if they where the ones nervous about it. More consistent random dialogues for random characters would be very good.

4.50 star(s) 185 Votes