X Death

Jan 22, 2020
There's a for that. ;)
then i havent going through wiki hard enough, because i see none of the mayor office quest right there. well i guess i have to go to mayor office page for that. I even knew that i can be chef at the cafe when read the wiki.

im guessing after i finish with the farm build and mayor office build, there's no more thing i can do. i also never take the necklace in the lake before dev decided what to do to calm the ghost.

MyriadLoki

Jul 8, 2023
What mods would you recommend (or not recommend) for someone coming into the game for the first time completely blind. Should I stick to Vanilla or is there a particularly good mod thats goodnto play? (Only somewhat similar looking games I've played is COC2 and TiTs.) Also, independent of my mods question,out of curiosity, do any of the mods work on android?

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
What mods would you recommend (or not recommend) for someone coming into the game for the first time completely blind. Should I stick to Vanilla or is there a particularly good mod thats goodnto play? (Only somewhat similar looking games I've played is COC2 and TiTs.) Also, independent of my mods question,out of curiosity, do any of the mods work on android?
Personally, just try out the vanilla gameplay for a while (you can play it online over at the DOLMods) to get a feel of the game then switch over to the World Expansion with BEEEES image file replacing the former (basically just download World Expansion and BEEEES, then move the latter's image file to the former). You won't miss out on anything even if you decide to not play the vanilla since the other mods just add stuff to the game, not remove anything (I think, I only really tested WE and BEEES)

Reactions: Thunderthewolf14

mothulu

Sep 29, 2022
depends on what your into. i like playing with the herm mod personally, because theres no mixes in the vanilla. not even randomly.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
If you're going in blindly I'd definitely suggest going vanilla.
There's no must have mod I know of.
Cheats are included. You can activate them anytime.
Mods are usually outdated very fast. Most of them are only cosmetic.

mattyofflower

Jul 25, 2020
I think theres a mod that changes the combat animation/sprites.
I would start with Firemod (and you could combine BEEEs or world expansion but those arent necessary).

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
Are you kidding? The only thing that could rival the stupidity of twitter drama is discord drama. Its probably just a bunch more schizo rambling about a bunch of made up bullshit or someone got mad about someone making something they were already doing or some silly shit. What counts as "drama" in these hyper focused online communities is always the most banal and worthless shit. I still remember way back in the "glory days" of fansubs and the like where groups would go absolutely apeshit when someone started translating "their" show or manga an released it before them. Its all a giant waste of time.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Are you kidding? The only thing that could rival the stupidity of twitter drama is discord drama. Its probably just a bunch more schizo rambling about a bunch of made up bullshit or someone got mad about someone making something they were already doing or some silly shit. What counts as "drama" in these hyper focused online communities is always the most banal and worthless shit. I still remember way back in the "glory days" of fansubs and the like where groups would go absolutely apeshit when someone started translating "their" show or manga an released it before them. Its all a giant waste of time.
So basically, the average discord experience.

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
I still remember way back in the "glory days" of fansubs and the like where groups would go absolutely apeshit when someone started translating "their" show or manga an released it before them. Its all a giant waste of time.
People still get upset when you start translating something they're already translating. And more upset if you share their translation somewhere they didn't choose to share it. Though, as a consumer, sometimes I'm upset over that first one myself. Not everyone is a good translator, so when a bad translator tries to post over a good one it's very annoying. I'm a quality over quantity sort of person. As long as what's released is good I don't mind waiting a little. I don't want a lesser thing just because it can get to me faster. Bad quality ruins the experience of a good product.

Sant3224

Dec 6, 2022
Waterspots mod is the most in-depth imo, it adds gameplay, scenes, sprites, etc. If that's your type of thing tho, if not well, at least consider as a challenge to make your PC not piss themselves.

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
People still get upset when you start translating something they're already translating. And more upset if you share their translation somewhere they didn't choose to share it. Though, as a consumer, sometimes I'm upset over that first one myself. Not everyone is a good translator, so when a bad translator tries to post over a good one it's very annoying. I'm a quality over quantity sort of person. As long as what's released is good I don't mind waiting a little. I don't want a lesser thing just because it can get to me faster. Bad quality ruins the experience of a good product.
Yes but back then you had 12 groups all jerking off to release Naruto fastest while the smaller shows of the season were delayed sometimes by MONTHS because the one group that was doing it was so painfully slow you couldnt tell if they were even still doing it. Then their only response was to screech incoherently when someone else started it up. Most of the time the slow group wasnt even that good or worth the wait. Either way this is kind of a tangent that doesnt really fit the thread.

Amarinth12

Nov 9, 2022
Ooh drama, share share!!!
One of the modding team from World Expansion had clash with Chinese users that tried to join modding community, especially since they popularized sideview mod (which add portrait of your PC, served as BEEESSS mod addon).

Chinese users want to have their own channel in the DC modding server, this World Expansion member saying something which apparently offended the Chinese users. They then engaged in unironically funny political debate about racism and CCP lmfao. I'm still laughing myself off until now, recalling the event. It all solved peacefully tho, I guess they reached the agreement and have cleared up the misunderstanding between two sides. Chinese users also got their own channel just today. So if you want those fancy portrait mod and more BEEESSS apparels just go to discord, some of it are imported from Chinese website which by default can only be accesed by Chinese. You need to compile it manually tho. Or you can just wait until the they update the BEEESSS community addon.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Furabia

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
One of the modding team from World Expansion had clash with Chinese users that tried to join modding community, especially since they popularized sideview mod (which add portrait of your PC, served as BEEESSS mod addon).

Chinese users want to have their own channel in the DC modding server, this World Expansion member saying something which apparently offended the Chinese users. They then engaged in unironically funny political debate about racism and CCP lmfao. I'm still laughing myself off until now, recalling the event. It all solved peacefully tho, I guess they reached the agreement and have cleared up the misunderstanding between two sides. Chinese users also got their own channel just today. So if you want those fancy portrait mod and more BEEESSS apparels just go to discord, some of it are imported from Chinese website which by default can only be accesed by Chinese. You need to compile it manually tho. Or you can just wait until the they update the BEEESSS community addon.
So it started with mod shenanigans then it somehow went to the direction of politics.
Yep, that's the average discord experience alright.
Talk about one thing and it will always somehow go towards something personal.

I'm just gon' wait for more BEEESSS shenanigans 'cause that mod is godly.

• Haha
Reactions: fraazx

Noone202

Jan 18, 2020
So it started with mod shenanigans then it somehow went to the direction of politics.
Yep, that's the average discord experience alright.
Talk about one thing and it will always somehow go towards something personal.

I'm just gon' wait for more BEEESSS shenanigans 'cause that mod is godly.
Can a vanilla save game be transfer into the beesss mod or do I need to restart?

boopx

Apr 28, 2020
I don't usually comment, but is anyone getting a glitch where the skin color is wildly incorrect for the player in combat?

1695960669588.png

This seems to persist across all 4.x versions for me and across Firefox and Edge. Possibly a new browser standard issue? Kind of scratching my head on this one. Haven't tried on a different computer, but I'm having a tough time imagining how this could be a PC-specific problem.

I also noted terrible performance on Firefox, but that doesn't have much to do with anything here.

4.50 star(s) 185 Votes