1Thousand

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2019
I uploaded the fixed version. There shouldn't be any more loading / crash / out of memory issue. I decided to add an option to pick character's name. Some people gave really compelling arguments and they convinced me. I hope there won't be any more bugs. I suggest downloading the game and playing it once again. Thanks to everyone, who helped me deal with the issue! It's my first game and well... Anyway. Have fun... this time for real!
All of the issues from Chapter 1 like weird depth of field, different colors in certain parts of the body won't happen in chapter 2. If given enough time I'll fix those renders in chapter 1 as well. Also... I'm working hard on my animation skills, I realize they're lacking.

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
For example, if you play a Batman game, you want to be Bruce Wayne. You don't think Bruce Wayne is you.
Speak for yourself. I am The Bat!

I kid, I agree with all your points. I've tried to impress this on many a dev, but you explained it particularly well.

But, no really, I am The Bat!

Reactions: MLBnoob

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
About that text box transparency .. it is a gimmick some devs already use ...

We got a mod around here by Penfold Mole that removes the half a screen cut them faces cut them bodies text boxes completely .. called transparent text box mod.

Cure my addiction silently but efficiently infuzed ingame opacity slider for the text box.
two2.jpg
Same game introduced q and a at opposite sides of the screen to leave the middle screen so players can enjoy a maximum exposure to the renders, rather than constantly reading a text box that cuts the gals in half.
FOUR4.jpg

It is a choice, just be aware these exist and also most AAA games have shadows on their texts and never use a blocky dark text box because they render games for the pleasure of gaming, not reading a school book with some pictures pasted on top.

AAA games sporting no text box what so ever;)!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
there we go..that worked..much better..games got some potential..needs rollback and autosaves activated though...its bad mojo to not have them...we players rely on them to backtrack and see what the other path holds..otherwise..good writing the renders are somewhat harsh-ish/hard faces.. but can see the beauty in the dames..i'll follow it..i do hope in the future though rollback and autosaves are activated

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So .. FEED BACK time:

Dev broke Kathrine's left hand in her hair ... that is unnerving and unnatural - species aficionado:eek:.
MC says lets grab dinner then ends up ALONE at the diner ... o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::oops::oops::cautious::cautious::censored::censored::unsure: ?!?
Roll the Middle wheel of the mouse once -> go back 1 dialogue choice, twice opens the log ....
Nice slick UI ... still text box covers more and more of the screen .. none of the MC forehead :whistle:
Some stern accents of a music tonality ... going for the rush hour / deadly weapon loose cannon motif

Kuniyoshi

May 24, 2017
1Thousand,

At first I was shocked that my PC was seemingly struggling with a Ren'Py game, then I was relieved to see the bugfixed DL! lol, had me for a second there :ROFLMAO:

Very promising first chapter! I look forward to more! The girls look great! I was planning on keeping it on the straight and norrow with the wife, but I can already tell that it's gonna be a struggle!

Keep up the good work!

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
This game is ok. Renders are decent, the way the story line is delivered is ok. The UI is clunky, I prefer the other modes for Ren'py. I may check out again in an update or two.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
now everything works great, tnx for the fix :)
story is good, renders are ok, i really don't like the wife render :D
Rosa is so far the best looking girl :)
the body of MC is some kind of weird looking yellow/white color :oops:

but in any case, good start, keep up the good work and i'm looking forward to the next update :)

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Don't sweat it.

You'll learn that there are certain people on forums like these that just look for something to complain about, just so they can complain and get some attention. Most people genuinely deciding that a game is not for them won't download it, and won't bother to take the time to comment on every game they don't download about why. But a few will always want to get some attention, will pop into a thread to say they are out (like anyone was wondering and asking), and the worst cases will keep coming back to further explain why they are out in the hopes someone will comment and validate them.

The few that genuinely ask early on should be answered. Once that has been done, see about getting a developer note added to the OP where you can put that and other frequently asked questions, because otherwise new people who don't know how to use search to search only this thread, will keep asking month after month after month.

However, once it is in the OP as a FAQ, don't expect it to stop there still being people who ask. It doesn't stop that. It just lets you clearly know they are stupid before you waste time and effort on them. :D
I always love it when I encounter a fellow reasonable mature forum member. I think we are outnumbered at least 200 to 1 though.

Gardan

May 3, 2019
Well the game is OK, but the UI mode is terrible, there was no need to change from scroll to B key.

Also the game version feels like 0.0.2, i kind of dislike chapters in games.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
That's fair. I feel like I'm being misunderstood here and losing more people the more I type. The game won't be in any way NTR or cuckold oriented. Some scenes may happen depending on your choices. As I said on my Patreon I prefer it to be more story than specific fetish oriented. If you know what I mean. I wouldn't like it to become moving from one sex scene to the other, because sooner than later it becomes boring.
Anyway. Good luck!
Please stick to your vision, and just understand that there is a certain group here that stumbles through the gaming world in abject fear & paranoia of being NTR'd by pixelated women bestowing faux affections. As if the thousands of fictitious girlfriends they've accumulated through various games that love and adore their precious MC's for no fucking reason whatsoever aren't enough . These same people show up in every game thread where a developer is brave enough to actually present a product with choices that actually matter, with real world consequences, if you will. They'll try to bully and shame a new developer (who is desperately seeking support) with statements like "if you do this or that, well then I'm out". It used to be much worse but the Mods forced them to tone down their rhetoric. But they still do it in a more passive aggressive sort of way. This Behavior irritates the fuck out of me, just for the fact that some devs will cower to these loud outcries and alter their original vision just to appease some fragile egos, and thus deny others who like that kind of content from getting their desires fulfilled. And at the same time these ridiculous antics make me laugh my ass off! I mean people are actually traumatized by things that happen in the realm of fiction.

I haven't played your game yet (will do so this weekend), but the synopsis sounds pretty fantastic. I'm am just starving for games that are unique, as well as story and character driven, manifesting real world consequences for in game choices (this is actually quite rare). Please just stick to your story as intended, and as a developer, exhibit integrity and reliability. Show that this is your passion, as if you have a story that needs to be told. And if it is good, then I believe support will come. I'm not going to lie.. the market is tough and support will probably slowly trickle in until reliability and determination is proven.

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
There'll be clear decisions on which route you want to take. If you don't like this type of content and make decisions accordingly you won't ever see it and by that I mean it won't happen. As for the villain route... if you lie, cheat and don't care about her, I think it's quite natural she'll cheat or leave you.
Thanks. I hope you'll give it a second go some time later and you'll enjoy it.
Pffft cheat on MC because MC cheats? that's so weak! almost sounds like... reality!!
we want a route where the MC can cheat, and the spouse understand and/or even support/help/orchestrate the effort!
and heck, throw in threesome, foursome, fiv-some, whatever-some in to make it grand-er (MC + many opposite gender creatures).
make it so!! :)

Anyways dl-ing, THANKS for the game Dev!

note: 1Thousand please take a peek @ Versioning

Last edited:

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
Please stick to your vision, and just understand that there is a certain group here that stumbles through the gaming world in abject fear & paranoia of being NTR'd by pixelated women bestowing faux affections. As if the thousands of fictitious girlfriends they've accumulated through various games that love and adore their precious MC's for no fucking reason whatsoever aren't enough . These same people show up in every game thread where a developer is brave enough to actually present a product with choices that actually matter, with real world consequences, if you will. They'll try to bully and shame a new developer (who is desperately seeking support) with statements like "if you do this or that, well then I'm out". It used to be much worse but the Mods forced them to tone down their rhetoric. But they still do it in a more passive aggressive sort of way. This Behavior irritates the fuck out of me, just for the fact that some devs will cower to these loud outcries and alter their original vision just to appease some fragile egos, and thus deny others who like that kind of content from getting their desires fulfilled. And at the same time these ridiculous antics make me laugh my ass off! I mean people are actually traumatized by things that happen in the realm of fiction.

I haven't played your game yet (will do so this weekend), but the synopsis sounds pretty fantastic. I'm am just starving for games that are unique, as well as story and character driven, manifesting real world consequences for in game choices (this is actually quite rare). Please just stick to your story as intended, and as a developer, exhibit integrity and reliability. Show that this is your passion, as if you have a story that needs to be told. And if it is good, then I believe support will come. I'm not going to lie.. the market is tough and support will probably slowly trickle in until reliability and determination is proven.
This right here is the post of the year hand's down, i couldn't put it better myself. PREACH IT BROTHER!!!

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
You need to get yourself checked out. You have trust issues over a genre of game?

Just going into threads with NTR complainers is worth the price of admission.
It's not a genre it's a fetish and not everyone likes the same fetishes as yourself.

4.30 star(s) 181 Votes