ArcadiaHD

Nov 9, 2022
Hey, i would like to know the difference between 18.1 and 19.0 versions. Is it more optimized, 18.1 was very unoptimized. I had poor performance with rtx 4060, with 1080p resolution.

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Hey, i would like to know the difference between 18.1 and 19.0 versions. Is it more optimized, 18.1 was very unoptimized. I had poor performance with rtx 4060, with 1080p resolution.
Devo adds new things, and then after its out he goes back and optimizes it. Last week he went back into map and did just such. Sometimes its code, sometimes its better built renders.. its hard to keep track of it all.

vecuk

Aug 16, 2019
You didn't provide two very important things: what resolution are you trying to play at, and your graphic settings.

I'm going to assume with 8GB of VRAM you'll only be ok at 1080p and lower, and Medium and lower. But I can be wrong.
Thank you for respond. I used 1080p resolution and high settings for graphic. After when I reinstall my drivers and changed resolution to 720 got the same crash. Then I changed graphic settings to low and finally I passed the gate and start ride. But I still can not go to the city(game crash when I try to pass gate to the city with the same error). This game need to be played on very powerful PC I assume.

Astcit

Jan 14, 2021
Thank you for respond. I used 1080p resolution and high settings for graphic. After when I reinstall my drivers and changed resolution to 720 got the same crash. Then I changed graphic settings to low and finally I passed the gate and start ride. But I still can not go to the city(game crash when I try to pass gate to the city with the same error). This game need to be played on very powerful PC I assume.
Yes, it needs a very powerful PC for now, optimization should come at later stages of the game development. As Mordona said, content seems to get optimised from time to time, but still takes time. So right now it seems theres assets and maps that are incredibly resource hogs for no good reason, and will only get solved when the dev can get to optimizing them later.

But your 3070 isn't a weak GPU (assuming it's not a laptop/notebook), so it's kinda strange the game is crashing and not, in worst case, just running slow or stuttering.

Make sure Lumen Lighting and Show Character Portrait in FPS Mode are set to Off, both are extremely heavy for now.

Makaron22

May 15, 2024
I would say, if possible dedicate some of the system memory in addition to vram.
Also, if possible of course just add 16 RAM more to the PC. 16 GB are rather small amount now.
I am playing on laptop 13700/32GB witch 4070/8GB and everything is OK on 1080p on high
What I everytime do in such cases, is to disable or set to minimum whatever antialiasing settings are there.
Also set shadows and lighting to medium.
As many object VC have to render, as much antialiasing on texture and light/shadow map should apply.
Respective more detailed and complex lighting, more resources.

Astcit

Jan 14, 2021
Is there still no way to hold an animation stage in this? I've checked but I don't see it anywhere in the controls or changelog
Change the duration slider in the Adult options to max (I think it's 300 seconds). Then you can progress animations using the red button on bottom of the screen.
If you're playing at the hardest difficulty, you'll have to also enable the button in the same options section.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Change the duration slider in the Adult options to max (I think it's 300 seconds). Then you can progress animations using the red button on bottom of the screen.
If you're playing at the hardest difficulty, you'll have to also enable the button in the same options section.
oh thank the lawd

Astcit

Jan 14, 2021
Don't know if anyone cares, but since I can't git gud enough to find these parts on enemies after weeks of playing this, I cheated to get the parts and here what they look like:
composite_fpv.jpg composite_tpv.jpg
structural_fpv.jpg structural_tpv.jpg

Ecl1p5e

Nov 30, 2018
I noticed that Devolution actually nerfed the sell costs of biometric-locked Composite and Structural guns, so most of the time killing Level 8-9 Raiders and selling their 'Tested' Modern Guns for ~300-400 apiece is the best way to make money if you're not looking to get other stuff like Corporate clothes or some of the stronger usable items that are only found on Corporates.

Aside from that, selling Modern guns is better anyway since you can disassemble them at a workbench beforehand and sell the parts individually if the trader doesn't have enough money to buy the whole gun at once.

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
Don't know if anyone cares, but since I can't git gud enough to find these parts on enemies after weeks of playing this, I cheated to get the parts and here what they look like:
View attachment 3692325 View attachment 3692328
View attachment 3692331 View attachment 3692332
Farm easy and fast money on Highway by setting your difficulty to the Highest, damage mult to 1.2-2, and roam around the far Southwest and Emission Zones, and toggle more carry weight. Easiest way without cheating. Then just run towards City to buy the parts. Rinse and repeat.

Astcit

Jan 14, 2021
I still prefer the Modern parts, they just "look right". The Composite is cool, but Structural is ugly as fuck with that gold.
Also cool that the reload animation changes, I like the Composite harsh reload, but really doubt anyone would be ejecting magazines without care of recovering them in a apocalyptic world.

Reactions: NikiDrive

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
I still prefer the Modern parts, they just "look right". The Composite is cool, but Structural is ugly as fuck with that gold.
Also cool that the reload animation changes, I like the Composite harsh reload, but really doubt anyone would be ejecting magazines without care of recovering them in a apocalyptic world.
From what I understand, the game's "Apocalypse" is localized to the area that you're in, very similar to STALKER, the outside world is getting along just fine.

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Damn has it truly been 3 years since this was last updated or is the person just no longer updating this thread anymore?
The game is updated every 3 months. The thread is updated when a update conforming to F95 rules is posted. Currently the online requirement violates sharing rules for the primary post. There are workarounds, but you'll have to read the thread for the current version workarounds.

3.70 star(s) 51 Votes