Lucho0x0

Mar 9, 2022
New Patreon post:

Hey guys!
I've been working many hours this week to try and finish Chapter 4 ahead of this post. Unfortunately, due to the sheer amount of postwork and revision that still needed to be done, I wasn't able to make it in time. (I also added a bit more content, which means we're now pushing 700 renders for this Chapter.) I'm currently wrapping things up and I expect to be able to release the update this weekend.
Enjoy your weekend,
Ero
Man, can you please STOP adding more content and drop the game already?? Yisus, he almost makes two chapters in one.
Anyway, I'm glad that we have the chapter in a day or two (I hope so)

Feb 15, 2019
New Patreon post:

Hey guys!
I've been working many hours this week to try and finish Chapter 4 ahead of this post. Unfortunately, due to the sheer amount of postwork and revision that still needed to be done, I wasn't able to make it in time. (I also added a bit more content, which means we're now pushing 700 renders for this Chapter.) I'm currently wrapping things up and I expect to be able to release the update this weekend.
Enjoy your weekend,
Ero
FUCK ME FINALLY! I hope he added ntr to this chapter too cuz you can't just raise it up to 700 renders and don't put ntr in it. If not, i will be disappointed. Like come one, it was originally 500 and you added 200 more but you won't add ntr in it? We shall wait and see! Just hang in there a little my NTR brothers:BootyTime:

thedail.4321

Nov 9, 2017
FUCK ME FINALLY! I hope he added ntr to this chapter too cuz you can't just raise it up to 700 renders and don't put ntr in it. If not, i will be disappointed. Like come one, it was originally 500 and you added 200 more but you won't add ntr in it? We shall wait and see! Just hang in there a little my NTR brothers:BootyTime:
but the dev says this version won't have ntr

• Sad
Reactions: ActiveShooter

Lucho0x0

Mar 9, 2022
Man, can you please STOP adding more content and drop the game already?? Yisus, he almost makes two chapters in one.
Anyway, I'm glad that we have the chapter in a day or two (I hope so)
Don't take me too seriously. I really appreciate Ero's work and I love that this episode is going to be so big. We love you Ero.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Ero is still communicating, he's still working on it, I don't see how people can be upset with that...especially folks who aren't contributing. This stuff isn't easy and it sounds like he's working alone (correct me if I'm wrong).

What really matters is the end product. Imagine if if AVN creators just did their own thing until the product was finished. No input from patrons and potentially other folks would be involved, but at least then you'd have a finished game that you could play. But the creator loses valuable feedback and obviously funding. Deadlines are difficult to estimate.

Having worked in IT most my life, I also understand scope. It sounds a bit like Ero suffers from scope creep. IMO, he should stick to what his goals are for a release and work on improvements later. Be more agile. We all have to understand that the product is subject to change during development. If he finds he wants to spend time refining things, he can at least release what he has and get feedback. Then go in an improve later on, even if it changes things quite a bit.

People will always find a way to fault someone, but we all must remember that these game developers also must see the bigger picture and modify/change plans accordingly. That's also just kinda how the creative process works.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Ero is still communicating, he's still working on it, I don't see how people can be upset with that...especially folks who aren't contributing. This stuff isn't easy and it sounds like he's working alone (correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't think it's an issue with him still working on content, but rather the repeated promises of a release date. Nearly 5 years of being a project lead for the DEP (Department of Environmental Protection) has taught me how to set realistic deadlines.

Deadlines are difficult to estimate.
As I mentioned before I fully expected the release date to be at the end of May or start of June since that gives Ero the 6 months on average most AVNs take between releases. Considering his hardware isn't top of the line it's both unreasonable and unfair to give him shit for taking awhile to release an update. It gets exhausting seeing the same events repeat over and over (Ero announces a deadline, people get hyped, Ero misses deadline, people complain. Rinse, repeat).

It sounds a bit like Ero suffers from scope creep. IMO, he should stick to what his goals are for a release and work on improvements later.
Whether its perfectionism or scope creep I'd hate to see his first ever project fail because he tried to release a product he felt was perfect. He's cruising at >300 Patreons since the time of this post, whereas back in December he only had 80 or so. Considering he has a taste for high quality rendering and the ability to write a coherent story, the only thing he still needs improvement on is setting realistic goals.

Reactions: Raul

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I don't think it's an issue with him still working on content, but rather the repeated promises of a release date. Nearly 5 years of being a project lead for the DEP (Department of Environmental Protection) has taught me how to set realistic deadlines.
Isn't this Ero's first project? Still might have lots to learn. Can't hold that against him.
As I mentioned before I fully expected the release date to be at the end of May or start of June since that gives Ero the 6 months on average most AVNs take between releases. Considering his hardware isn't top of the line it's both unreasonable and unfair to give him shit for taking awhile to release an update. It gets exhausting seeing the same events repeat over and over (Ero announces a deadline, people get hyped, Ero misses deadline, people complain. Rinse, repeat).
Especially when his renders have been great.
Whether its perfectionism or scope creep I'd hate to see his first ever project fail because he tried to release a product he felt was perfect. He's cruising at >300 Patreons since the time of this post, whereas back in December he only had 80 or so. Considering he has a taste for high quality rendering and the ability to write a coherent story, the only thing he still needs improvement on is setting realistic goals.
Yeah, it may be perfectionism...though that recent announcement seems to indicate more content was added. So I guess we'll see.

bf3btk

Nov 5, 2019
First time poster here! Just wanted to let you guys know about the "Delays" or rather missed deadlines. I'd suggest that everyone just ignores them. They're only meant for Ero to push himself further when it comes to the development of the game. "If you say it, it becomes real", that's the logic behind them really. (In this case, if he goes public with a deadline then he has to work hard to reach it, just as in school or at our jobs, we all want as much time as possible for our assignments/updates but in the end our bosses or teachers push us to work faster/efficent, and Ero has to be his own boss in this case). IF he were to give more "realistic" deadlines then the game simply not have the same amount of renders or quality as it has atm and as you'll see even with this update. Think of it as "It's ready when It's ready" type of development plan instead, trust me you'll won't miss the release. Cheers^^

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
First time poster here! Just wanted to let you guys know about the "Delays" or rather missed deadlines. I'd suggest that everyone just ignores them. They're only meant for Ero to push himself further when it comes to the development of the game. "If you say it, it becomes real", that's the logic behind them really. (In this case, if he goes public with a deadline then he has to work hard to reach it, just as in school or at our jobs, we all want as much time as possible for our assignments/updates but in the end our bosses or teachers push us to work faster/efficent, and Ero has to be his own boss in this case). IF he were to give more "realistic" deadlines then the game simply not have the same amount of renders or quality as it has atm and as you'll see even with this update. Think of it as "It's ready when It's ready" type of development plan instead, trust me you'll won't miss the release. Cheers^^
Sure, I get that, I just think it's somewhat delusional to think that this kind of practice won't garner some backlash. I mean, come on...

"Heya folks, here's the estimated release date, should be done in a couple- NOPE! Just kidding! I only said that as a psychological trick to apply performance pressure to myself. You're gonna have to wait a bit longer... Not that long though, I'm basically done with- NOPE! Gotcha! Still kidding!"

Like, damn, that's just awful behaviour. Imagine holding a treat in front of your dog, making it sit and wait, only to then put the treat back into the bag because you feel like it'll help you come home at a reasonable hour because you still need to give the treat to your dog. I just don't understand this line of thinking at all.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Sure, I get that, I just think it's somewhat delusional to think that this kind of practice won't garner some backlash. I mean, come on...

"Heya folks, here's the estimated release date, should be done in a couple- NOPE! Just kidding! I only said that as a psychological trick to apply performance pressure to myself. You're gonna have to wait a bit longer... Not that long though, I'm basically done with- NOPE! Gotcha! Still kidding!"

Like, damn, that's just awful behaviour. Imagine holding a treat in front of your dog, making it sit and wait, only to then put the treat back into the bag because you feel like it'll help come home at a reasonable hour because you still need to give the treat to your dog. I just don't understand this line of thinking at all.
yet it works (for the devs) almost every time...patrons are much better than dogs in that regard :HideThePain:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I understand people being frustrated.
I don't understand when people jump to the conclusion that delays are intentional, just to piss players off. And I've seen that a lot in these forums.

Jul 2, 2017
I don't understand when people jump to the conclusion that delays are intentional, just to piss players off. And I've seen that a lot in these forums.
And i dont understand people who try to justify every delay and excuse - but thats how it goes.
What i also dont understand is that every time someone is making fun of these delays, there are people calling them frustrated/angry/horny whatever. Belive me half of the peope here dont give a fuck when or if it will be released, and the only ones frustrated are those white knights who try to justify their own naiviety.
ty have a nice day.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
I understand people being frustrated.
Normally I would be 100% with you that it's kinda ridiculous to think delays are intentional... But in this case they are, or rather, the release dates are deceptions (which is the gist of the issue IMO).

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Normally I would be 100% with you that it's kinda ridiculous to think delays are intentional... But in this case they are, or rather, the release dates are deceptions (which is the gist of the issue IMO).
I figure I'll see it when I see it. I have enough frustration in my life. :)

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes