White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Breaking news! Hot off the presses, live from Discord: He's finishing it up atm, he'll be working on the last bits into the night, he won't make any more ETA's. But if he gotta get some sleep and won't be able to release it tonight, it'll be up tmrw.
Ero moving the goal post again. Yikes…

can someone share discord link?

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Breaking news! Hot off the presses, live from Discord: He's finishing it up atm, he'll be working on the last bits into the night, he won't make any more ETA's. But if he gotta get some sleep and won't be able to release it tonight, it'll be up tmrw.
So he says no more ETA's then straight after that gives another ETA for tomorrow :KEK:

bf3btk

Nov 5, 2019
So he says no more ETA's then straight after that gives another ETA for tomorrow :KEK:
Well some on discord asked for more information, guess he just wanted to be nice and tell them something.:unsure: But as he said himself " With my sense of work to time estimation, I'm past the point of giving release dates." He's done with ETA's, won't expect that he'll give us any on patreon, he might be leaner on discord cuz less will see the ETA's over there, only time will tell.

SpitfiremarkV

Nov 5, 2018
He really should talk about this whole delay situation after release. Back on April 9, he wrote on Patreon that Ch.4 are almost finished. Then on April 16 he wrote that there was some problems with animations. So what was happening in these 2 weeks and why he give false ETAs so often?

I still believe that he is a good dev, but false ETAs situation is just ridiculous for a serious game developer. And he make a good decision to stop giving them. IMO, he should make something like progress bar in weekly updates, so patrons can keep an eye on progress.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
So 5 months since then, so are we expecting 1400+ renders?
That's the glaring and expected issue with delays and unending spirals of wrong ETAs, people will generally tend to evaluate content based on the amount of time elapsed, some wont be keen on justifying anything lacking after a longer time than anticipated, even worse if having been misled by unmet ETAs, cause with each failed one they felt like being neglected content, content that stacks up in their mind with each every ETA.

That will also fuel hype for some people, hype that is often unmatched and source of further complaints and distrust other that pressure upon the Dev.

So, whatever happens with this update, the DEV should just brace himself, bite the bullet should he have to, and re-start off with a brand new working schedule, mindset on transparency and communication and only ever release ETA when he is 110% sure.

bf3btk

Nov 5, 2019
I swear if ero releases the update and say it's for patreon only and we have to wait a week or so to get the update i will be pissed! ( ik this won't happen and even if it happens the game will still come out right after on f95 but still. :WutFace: )
I hope that you're aware that you'll need to be in the Neophyte tier or higher to get the update, just as usual.

Reactions: X-Topic
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes