• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RoamingZone

Feb 1, 2020

Desbloqueado

Hey guys!
Apologies for skipping last week's post, but I was feeling a bit under the weather both physically and mentally.
After spending a couple of days doing some difficult soul-searching, I realized I'd been pushing myself to spend all my time and attention on one thing for so long, that I had difficulty getting much fulfillment from it anymore.
Now, it's not the first time this happened to me. And I know that usually, it helps if I'm able to move away from it for a while to focus my attention on something else and find other ways of being creative.
That's why I decided to go ahead and launch the development of a different game. It's an idea I've been playing with for a while now, and I'm really looking forward to working on it.

Here's some info about the new game:
  • The game revolves around a young guys, who's a model photographer. His life gets mixed in with a girl from his class and her celebrity "landlady" after which more and more hot photo gigs will present themselves to him. Now, I can't say much more about the plot, but I think you'll guys enjoy it. For a title, I was thinking I'd call it "Lewd Photographer"...
  • The points and choice system will be different than Demon Boys. It's going to be much simpler and hopefully more intuitive.
  • The game has an arcade element. I've been working on a mini-game/skill check that will trigger every time the player does a photo shoot with one of the characters. Completing the skill checks successfully for each picture will allow the player to continue further into the photo shoot and unlock hotter and hotter scenes.

• As you may have noticed from the title of this post, the graphics will be improved significantly. Check out the character previews that I've added to this post and make sure to let me know your thoughts!

And last but not least... Don't worry guys. Demon Boy development will continue! For next week you can expect another update. Only now, I'll share news on both games.
I hope you guys understand.
Love,
Ero

(My P.S:) I don´t really like the idea of him working on two games at the same time, don't wanna have only one demon boy update per year.

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018

Desbloqueado

Hey guys!
Apologies for skipping last week's post, but I was feeling a bit under the weather both physically and mentally.
After spending a couple of days doing some difficult soul-searching, I realized I'd been pushing myself to spend all my time and attention on one thing for so long, that I had difficulty getting much fulfillment from it anymore.
Now, it's not the first time this happened to me. And I know that usually, it helps if I'm able to move away from it for a while to focus my attention on something else and find other ways of being creative.
That's why I decided to go ahead and launch the development of a different game. It's an idea I've been playing with for a while now, and I'm really looking forward to working on it.

Here's some info about the new game:
  • The game revolves around a young guys, who's a model photographer. His life gets mixed in with a girl from his class and her celebrity "landlady" after which more and more hot photo gigs will present themselves to him. Now, I can't say much more about the plot, but I think you'll guys enjoy it. For a title, I was thinking I'd call it "Lewd Photographer"...
  • The points and choice system will be different than Demon Boys. It's going to be much simpler and hopefully more intuitive.
  • The game has an arcade element. I've been working on a mini-game/skill check that will trigger every time the player does a photo shoot with one of the characters. Completing the skill checks successfully for each picture will allow the player to continue further into the photo shoot and unlock hotter and hotter scenes.

• As you may have noticed from the title of this post, the graphics will be improved significantly. Check out the character previews that I've added to this post and make sure to let me know your thoughts!

And last but not least... Don't worry guys. Demon Boy development will continue! For next week you can expect another update. Only now, I'll share news on both games.
I hope you guys understand.
Love,
Ero
Demon Boy is top quality so I understand him taking a break here considering this will probably be the biggest chapter to date.

(My P.S:) I don´t really like the idea of him working on two games at the same time, don't wanna have only one demon boy update per year.
I got to agree with that part, the guy is a one man team and already has to put a ton of time behind Demon Boy.
For 2022 we'll probably only get two updates this year with chapter 4 and the upcoming chapter 5.

It's really difficult to imagine him working on another project at the same time without having an effect on his health or slowing down the progress of Demon Boy.
I hope he knows what he's doing, but I'm ngl this is kinda worrying.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I hope he knows what he's doing, but I'm ngl this is kinda worrying.
I get it...I've been working on a Ren'Py port of an existing game since February. There's been times where I was so burned out that I took several weeks away. It can be very monotonous and exhausting. Plus, facing technical challenges in Ren'Py can really take it out of ya. I'd prefer if he'd just take some time away to recharge, but I get that he might be bored with DB and might feel he needs to do something different for a while. We've seen this many times on the forums here.

Disappointing for sure...but I get it.

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
I get it...I've been working on a Ren'Py port of an existing game since February. There's been times where I was so burned out that I took several weeks away. It can be very monotonous and exhausting. Plus, facing technical challenges in Ren'Py can really take it out of ya. I'd prefer if he'd just take some time away to recharge, but I get that he might be bored with DB and might feel he needs to do something different for a while. We've seen this many times on the forums here.

Disappointing for sure...but I get it.
Thanks for some input man, I always appreciate it.

I've been critical of the communication for this game in the past, but Ero's really done a good job with the weekly post system after chapter 4.
I'm completely fine with him taking time off to help recharge for his own health.

For the new game, I think the written concept is pretty decent and could lead to a fun VN.
The models look pretty good, however I do rather the DB models way more and think that should be completed first.

My main concern is one of the games being abandoned which is a common occurrence with early devs taking on multiple projects like this.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Thanks for some input man, I always appreciate it.

I've been critical of the communication for this game in the past, but Ero's really done a good job with the weekly post system after chapter 4.
I'm completely fine with him taking time off to help recharge for his own health.

For the new game, I think the written concept is pretty decent and could lead to a fun VN.
The models look pretty good, however I do rather the DB models way more and think that should be completed first.

My main concern is one of the games being abandoned which is a common occurrence with early devs taking on multiple projects like this.
yeah, it would be very disappointing if this one were to ever be abandoned. Especially since it has the hottest succubus I've ever seen. Hopefully he'll at least go back and forth between games. I know one dev had this game I was really enjoying, then started a new game and he's not going back to the first game until he finishes the second one. That was a big bummer.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Working on 2 games rarely works because one of them always becomes the side-project. Hopefully his new game is side-project level and not anything too fancy. Hard to tell from the description.

I understand about being burnt out on working on the same thing for so long though. People underestimate how difficult creative work can be.

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
i Love Eromersive work, so i know the next game would als be great, but i really like DB, and i shared everyones opinions, and i dont like that we will get less content of DB, and then i will like that game and we will get also less content of that game for DB, but i get how he feels, i have felt it as well, it doesnt matter how much you love something at first, if you spend waaay to much time working on it, you are going to start to even feel sick to be working in it.

Reactions: princess bride

Cirilla1253

Mar 24, 2019
Well, i am happy Ero already has many other ideas for games... but i guess DB should be more advanced before starting a new project (the development, at least). Unless Ero wants DB to have exactly 10 chapters or less... it seems too soon to deviate the attention. Hoping to hear about the next update soon, Nicole is just too good!

moneyshowers

Jan 26, 2021
To be fair, I think most of us would be okay if his second game skipped all of the slow burn storyline and was straight up sex with those photoshoot models. If his new game gets to version 2 or 3 without any sex then I'll really be disappointed.

Reactions: Chefy2003

Lordisigler

Sep 29, 2019
I saw many devs doing a second game while the first one is still going. Most of the time, their patreons drop by half the following months. First, you tell people that you feel mentally down then you start a second game... I don't think you have yet earned the confidence of your patreon to do that. If the next update is not satisifying, I will likely cancel my patreon

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes