Noobie200

Dec 11, 2021
I really hope Ero rethinks working on two games at once and if Ero is burned out, maybe try and find other ways to recharge. Rarely does two games at once work and very often one gets dropped or progress slows to a crawl and sometimes results in both getting dropped. It could easily turn into being burned out working on a single thing to being overwhelmed working on two projects while trying to ensure both are high quality.
I agree, I love his works but I don't think this will turn out good.

If he's already burn out and stress out on one game and now two game for a one person? That will even be harder. Now maybe 1 update per year per game?

insidioustime

Sep 9, 2020
Hmm, which is canon? Landlady or mother?

Is there any way to know in the future for other games? Where would the creators normally state which is canon?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I agree, I love his works but I don't think this will turn out good.

If he's already burn out and stress out on one game and now two game for a one person? That will even be harder. Now maybe 1 update per year per game?
Yeah, I really hope Ero gets some feedback from Patreon supporters unless clarifying if this game is a smaller scope project or something. I just have a bad feeling about all this.
Guys is this render from the next chapter or it's random render and not involved in the next chapter
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with Demon Boy. Pretty sure Ero just put that together to give an idea of what the minigame for the new game is going to be like.

Reactions: lipe2410

Mekejjeej

Jan 9, 2022
Yeah, I really hope Ero gets some feedback from Patreon supporters unless clarifying if this game is a smaller scope project or something. I just have a bad feeling about all this.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with Demon Boy. Pretty sure Ero just put that together to give an idea of what the minigame for the new game is going to be like.
I really hope be keep mom son realtionship

Active

Mar 11, 2021

It was a scene we got for being demon tier supporters

Ass-a-Lot

Aug 29, 2018

Desbloqueado

Hey guys!
Apologies for skipping last week's post, but I was feeling a bit under the weather both physically and mentally.
After spending a couple of days doing some difficult soul-searching, I realized I'd been pushing myself to spend all my time and attention on one thing for so long, that I had difficulty getting much fulfillment from it anymore.
Now, it's not the first time this happened to me. And I know that usually, it helps if I'm able to move away from it for a while to focus my attention on something else and find other ways of being creative.
That's why I decided to go ahead and launch the development of a different game. It's an idea I've been playing with for a while now, and I'm really looking forward to working on it.

Here's some info about the new game:
  • The game revolves around a young guys, who's a model photographer. His life gets mixed in with a girl from his class and her celebrity "landlady" after which more and more hot photo gigs will present themselves to him. Now, I can't say much more about the plot, but I think you'll guys enjoy it. For a title, I was thinking I'd call it "Lewd Photographer"...
  • The points and choice system will be different than Demon Boys. It's going to be much simpler and hopefully more intuitive.
  • The game has an arcade element. I've been working on a mini-game/skill check that will trigger every time the player does a photo shoot with one of the characters. Completing the skill checks successfully for each picture will allow the player to continue further into the photo shoot and unlock hotter and hotter scenes.

• As you may have noticed from the title of this post, the graphics will be improved significantly. Check out the character previews that I've added to this post and make sure to let me know your thoughts!

And last but not least... Don't worry guys. Demon Boy development will continue! For next week you can expect another update. Only now, I'll share news on both games.
I hope you guys understand.
Love,
Ero

(My P.S:) I don´t really like the idea of him working on two games at the same time, don't wanna have only one demon boy update per year.
i kinda understand he get burned out,but doing two games?that will catch you fire my brotha or might be toast,thats for sure.i kinda hope this works out but ive seen this a couple of times in this forum.im not spreading negativity Ero cuz we really care and loved your 1st game,anyways Good luck.

itslydiabxtch

Aug 4, 2019
Edit: Updated for 0.42

I've made a walkthrough/cheats/gallery mod for this game

Features:
  • Added a cheats button to top left corner when playing
  • Added a scene gallery to the main menu
  • Added green colored hints during dialogue showing points/scenes
Installation: Extract the folder "game" from the mod to your Demon Boy folder

Download: MEGA PIXELDRAIN
I got an error upon opening the game with this mod?

th3_fr4gil3

Jan 24, 2022
Hmm, which is canon? Landlady or mother?

Is there any way to know in the future for other games? Where would the creators normally state which is canon?
mother, it's only landlady to get around patreons puritanical rules.
the clue is the fact the ipatch is an empty .txt file renamed to patch.rpy, the correct naming is already in game hiding behind a trigger.
as for other games? it's game by game, just look through the forums, but typically "landlady" = mother, "mother's friend" = aunt, "roommate" = sibling.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
He says the problem was on the creative side so i see no reason to not believe on him. Taking his mind from Demon Boy for a bit may actually help with getting fresh ideas.
There are a few developers who work like that around here. :)

insidioustime

Sep 9, 2020
mother, it's only landlady to get around patreons puritanical rules.
the clue is the fact the ipatch is an empty .txt file renamed to patch.rpy, the correct naming is already in game hiding behind a trigger.
as for other games? it's game by game, just look through the forums, but typically "landlady" = mother, "mother's friend" = aunt, "roommate" = sibling.

I see, that helps a lot, thanks!

RoamingZone

Feb 1, 2020
He says the problem was on the creative side so i see no reason to not believe on him. Taking his mind from Demon Boy for a bit may actually help with getting fresh ideas.
There are a few developers who work like that around here. :)
Yeah that may be the case but I don't think he realize the consequences or what he may need to work on two games at the same time. First of all like the dude that brought Oceanlab as an example, one of the main reasons Ocean is able to work on both games is due to multiples work station, helping the traffic of renders and animations while he codes and writes the plot and we know that he recently upgraded his PC so i don't think he has another work station. Second his work time will need to increase if he wants to reach two DB updates per year, his maximun renders in a week has been 50+ and 5 animations if he maintains this numbers thats mean a decline in DB development, when updates are taking 6 months cutting resources it will probably take to 8 or 9 months for a single update, in which case his patreon income will take a big hit and we are not talking of the bigger chance of a Burn out. And Lastly this all comes after a few weeks back patreon asked him to censor his game to be able to operate in their platform, the fact that this new game seems to be patreon friendly indicates for me that Ero is making a plan B in case he can't work on DB anymore, smart of him but equally dumb considering your whole fan base is build from a single game. Best case scenario if DB cease to receive updates he will conserve a fourth of his total patreon backing worst case scenario he starts from scratch again.

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
Oceanlab, developer of both "Where it all began" and "Summer's gone" games, pretty amazing games qualitatively speaking and offering very similar fetishes, is also a one man team and jumps back and forth between the two, offering at least 2 to 3 updates yearly for each one.
What are you talking about "Summer's gone" gets consistent update yes but have you seen when was "Where it all Began" latest update (10 months ago). Working on two games is not easy and will lead eventually to making one of them a side game especially if you are one game dev. This will delay the process of DB by a lot and seeing that CH4 was released 5 months ago and we are still nowhere close to getting CH5,with this new game that he has in mind we will eventually get 1 update per year instead of 2(which is already hard to wait for). I would rather him taking some time off than spending it on a new game and slowing DB dev time.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes