Vigeous

May 3, 2021
Oceanlab, developer of both "Where it all began" and "Summer's gone" games, pretty amazing games qualitatively speaking and offering very similar fetishes, is also a one man team and jumps back and forth between the two, offering at least 2 to 3 updates yearly for each one.
What are you talking about "Summer's gone" gets consistent update yes but have you seen when was "Where it all Began" latest update (10 months ago). Working on two games is not easy and will lead eventually to making one of them a side game especially if you are one game dev. This will delay the process of DB by a lot and seeing that CH4 was released 5 months ago and we are still nowhere close to getting CH5,with this new game that he has in mind we will eventually get 1 update per year instead of 2(which is already hard to wait for). I would rather him taking some time off than spending it on a new game and slowing DB dev time.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
That's why I decided to go ahead and launch the development of a different game. It's an idea I've been playing with for a while now, and I'm really looking forward to working on it.
Has it ever worked? The new project sounds pretty generic imo, anyways, he should make what he wants.

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
Yeah that may be the case but I don't think he realize the consequences or what he may need to work on two games at the same time. First of all like the dude that brought Oceanlab as an example, one of the main reasons Ocean is able to work on both games is due to multiples work station, helping the traffic of renders and animations while he codes and writes the plot and we know that he recently upgraded his PC so i don't think he has another work station. Second his work time will need to increase if he wants to reach two DB updates per year, his maximun renders in a week has been 50+ and 5 animations if he maintains this numbers thats mean a decline in DB development, when updates are taking 6 months cutting resources it will probably take to 8 or 9 months for a single update, in which case his patreon income will take a big hit and we are not talking of the bigger chance of a Burn out. And Lastly this all comes after a few weeks back patreon asked him to censor his game to be able to operate in their platform, the fact that this new game seems to be patreon friendly indicates for me that Ero is making a plan B in case he can't work on DB anymore, smart of him but equally dumb considering your whole fan base is build from a single game. Best case scenario if DB cease to receive updates he will conserve a fourth of his total patreon backing worst case scenario he starts from scratch again.
Oh yeah I completely forgot about Patreon wanting him to remove certain parts of the game.
From what I recall he had to remove the Nicole sleeping parts in chapter 2 and 3 which really sucks.

Considering the games themes Patreon will keep pushing this censorship sooner than later so this new game might be a plan B in case like you said in your post.
I don't dislike the new game concept, but now that you mention it it's way more Patreon friendly compared to DB. This new game being a back up in case patreon shuts down DB.
IMO I would rather him move to SubscribeStar to be able to tell the story he wants for DB.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Ero said:
- The sleep sex
- Mentions of teens or high school

Idk if his new build was accepted yet, but yeah this really sucks.
Well, this sucks. He can remove the sleep sex. For the highschool thing he can change for college, maybe use a new environment and make Tiffany and her friend look a bit more 19-20y. He already made the changes and sent to patreon?

Reactions: Bob Jewl

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
Well, this sucks. He can remove the sleep sex. For the highschool thing he can change for college, maybe use a new environment and make Tiffany and her friend look a bit more 19-20y. He already made the changes and sent to patreon?
Yeah I just had to scroll a bit on the discord to see this and he sent the new build to patreon, however I don't see anything where he mentioned that it was approved yet.

Also there's a lot of people upset on the patrons only discord and the patreon post itself, including a few higher tier members.
There's of backlash over the new game idea everywhere.

Reactions: princess bride

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Yeah I just had to scroll a bit on the discord to see this and he sent the new build to patreon, however I don't see anything where he mentioned that it was approved yet.

Also there's a lot of people upset on the patrons only discord and the patreon post itself, including a few higher tier members.
There's of backlash over the new game idea everywhere.
Patreon takes time to give feedback. It'll be at least a month or two. And I feel sorry for him, but it's predictable. DB is real hit. In less than a year he got 500 patrons thanks to DB. People who are supporting and waiting is supporting and waiting for DB, not this new.
I'll wait and see, but i'm already sad and very affraid with what could happen with my most hyped and anticipated game in the near future. I confess i'm get really tired to see the games i follow taking forever to update and have a problem during development every single fucking time.

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
Patreon takes time to give feedback. It'll be at least a month or two. And I feel sorry for him, but it's predictable. DB is real hit. In less than a year he got 500 patrons thanks to DB. People who are supporting and waiting is supporting and waiting for DB, not this new.
I'll wait and see, but i'm already sad and very affraid with what could happen with my most hyped and anticipated game in the near future. I confess i'm get really tired to see the games i follow taking forever to update and have a problem during development every single fucking time.
I really think he should transition to SubscribeStar.
This game is a huge success, but some of the themes in it were never gonna fly on patreon unfortunately.

I agree with what someone said above that this new project is more of a back-up in case DB gets overly censored by patreon to the point where Ero won't be able to tell the story he wants to make.
The thing is most people are there for DB, the game only has only four updates and the F95 has almost 200 pages worth of discussion about it so that just shows how much traction this game really has.
No many are excited for this new project from the looks of it, this is mainly due to DB not being updated as often as other games which is understandable since it's really high quality. Having another project will slow down DB's progress and people aren't for that right now considering were barely halfway through the DB game right now.

I really appreciated the weekly updates after chapter 4's release, it helped the fans understand where he's at in the game and how much it's progressing.
If he's burnt out I'd rather him take a break for a few more weeks and continue on DB afterwards instead of working on this new project.
If he wants to begin a new project, I'd wait until after chapter 7 or 8.
I'll wait to see if he makes a statement about the feedback people are giving too, but tbh it's probably difficult for him since many seem upset about this.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Best case scenario if DB cease to receive updates he will conserve a fourth of his total patreon backing worst case scenario he starts from scratch again.
People were saying same things about Dark Silver and BB.But he losted less than half of patrons 4 and a half years ago.
Almost same thing with Iccreations.

Ryanair

Dec 14, 2021
Guys guys guys guys !!!!!!
If Patreon is shit
Way cant he simply transition to SubscribeStar and solve everything????

moneyshowers

Jan 26, 2021
First of all, Lewd Photographer is an awful name. He should come up with something better like Phototastic, the Lewd Studio, or Picture Perfect. It should not be about the MC, it should be about the women.

Ero wants to create a new game? Okay whatever. Demon Boy is his cash cow (or his money-making Momma) and splitting his time 80/20 or 70/30 would be ideal (for me at least). He can make it easier on himself if he kept the environment to a minimum so all the action is happening at the photoshoot. Then it'll just be about the girls.

He wants to re-use the Nicole model? Okay fine, just skip all the slow corruption and prioritize nudity and sex right from the get-go. Give her a different personality, why not? We don't need a story, we have Demon Boy. It can placate patrons before the story progresses further in Demon Boy.

But I'll hold further criticism until CH1 of...Lewd Photographer. Bleh.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020

Desbloqueado

Hey guys!
Apologies for skipping last week's post, but I was feeling a bit under the weather both physically and mentally.
After spending a couple of days doing some difficult soul-searching, I realized I'd been pushing myself to spend all my time and attention on one thing for so long, that I had difficulty getting much fulfillment from it anymore.
Now, it's not the first time this happened to me. And I know that usually, it helps if I'm able to move away from it for a while to focus my attention on something else and find other ways of being creative.
That's why I decided to go ahead and launch the development of a different game. It's an idea I've been playing with for a while now, and I'm really looking forward to working on it.

Here's some info about the new game:
  • The game revolves around a young guys, who's a model photographer. His life gets mixed in with a girl from his class and her celebrity "landlady" after which more and more hot photo gigs will present themselves to him. Now, I can't say much more about the plot, but I think you'll guys enjoy it. For a title, I was thinking I'd call it "Lewd Photographer"...
  • The points and choice system will be different than Demon Boys. It's going to be much simpler and hopefully more intuitive.
  • The game has an arcade element. I've been working on a mini-game/skill check that will trigger every time the player does a photo shoot with one of the characters. Completing the skill checks successfully for each picture will allow the player to continue further into the photo shoot and unlock hotter and hotter scenes.

• As you may have noticed from the title of this post, the graphics will be improved significantly. Check out the character previews that I've added to this post and make sure to let me know your thoughts!

And last but not least... Don't worry guys. Demon Boy development will continue! For next week you can expect another update. Only now, I'll share news on both games.
I hope you guys understand.
Love,
Ero

(My P.S:) I don´t really like the idea of him working on two games at the same time, don't wanna have only one demon boy update per year.
Good fucking lord. We already get one update every 6 months and this is just version 0.5. With only a few hundred renders each update as well mind you. With another game in the cards, anyone who has been on this site for more than a year, you already know where this game is heading. This is disappointing. Fml

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
So what's the difference between SubscribeStar and Patreon? Been hearing a lot of SS in games with lots of taboos like incest, teenagers and so on.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes