Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
Thats the point, the game was one of the best in terms of quality, but when he saw he was not earning what he expected he gave up, instead of working on this. Probably he has other projects/job or something but he lost a big change here.
The most probable scenario for me.

Tintron

Dec 10, 2017
I actually agree. Tons of devs take a really long time to make each update, but in all the cases people care about the quality reflects the time. The issue isn't the time between updates. A few people will rightfully grumble about long waits but they're all happy when the update lands. If he stopped making promises period and just gave a weekly report and then shadow dropped the update it would be perfect.

A long wait is annoying but it is far better than a wait you spend constantly expecting to end at any moment.

Dustyride

Jun 11, 2021
Such lame excuses I see from a lot of these developers .They start off with a good game,good story line,but rarely finish a game or if they do ,they rush the ending .Yet want to get paid for partial work ,like half painting a car and demanding payment .
I personally have drawn countless life portraits over the years and I have to yet feel like I completed one . ie: A woman I met several years back,who was completely broken from life's tragedies.(Lost her child and her husband) .Anyhow ,I took the time and drew her portrait for my studies .I have had so many people comment on the portrait ,no one mentioned anything about the hair line,eyes or facial structure ,but every comment was about the one teardrop that I had drawn streaming down her cheek from the corner of her eye .It's not the portrait itself , but the power of this one teardrop that made everyone that looked at the portrait remember .The cost for my portraits were free .I couldn't accept money for the simple fact that there was always something that I could've done different and the portraits in my eyes weren't complete .
So yeah,...being paid for developing part of a game is fine ,but completing a game that people can remember for years to come is something money can't buy

Feb 10, 2022
I actually agree. Tons of devs take a really long time to make each update, but in all the cases people care about the quality reflects the time. The issue isn't the time between updates. A few people will rightfully grumble about long waits but they're all happy when the update lands. If he stopped making promises period and just gave a weekly report and then shadow dropped the update it would be perfect.

A long wait is annoying but it is far better than a wait you spend constantly expecting to end at any moment.
A long wait is even more annoying when the dev misses the deadline he has fixed himself. Many times. It creates anticipation then disappointment.

Tintron

Dec 10, 2017
A long wait is even more annoying when the dev misses the deadline he has fixed himself. Many times. It creates anticipation then disappointment.
Exactly. When he used to just go over the estimated percentage chart people were annoyed but still sorta understood when he said he wanted to put more into it. It's far worse now that he chooses to make claims and promises that go against reality. He doesn't have to do that and he wouldn't get half the flak he does if he stopped. Hopefully that's all the radio silence right now is, but while no communication is better than false communication it is still bad both for his business and his image.

Reactions: yuyue62
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes