Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Well, oddly enough, if Ero dropped an update tomorrow, a lot of the people here shitting on him would update their games and play regardless.

I get the whole frustration with the patreon and people getting angry at Ero for all the things that played out, but come on now let's not lie to ourselves, the game is already abandoned and people are still keeping this thread alive. If Ero pisses that many people off, why not just drop it and move on.

I got nothing against Ero and I will play any games he make in the future, I didn't invest my money into his patreon so this doesn't really affect me like it does some people, this might come off as I'm attacking someone but I'm not, so why should I hate on him because other ppl do, y'all keep bitching about it in this thread like anything or Ero will change or something, if he hasn't changed it at this point in time, he won't regardless of all the posts trashing his name around, imho.

We all need to learn how to let go, man.
I am happy for you that you did not invest money in the patreon, but that does not change the fact that ero demonstrated the worst kind of dev practices and we don't want to encourage this from other devs by giving it a pass or by not calling it out. He lied to his supporters for the better part of a year and then ghosted them right before the next episode was supposedly going to drop. This made all the more egregious by the fact that he regularly logs on to F95 and doesn't have the decency to tell his supporters (even on patreon) that ..I am sorry but I can no longer continue with this game due to X, Y, or Z reasons..

I understand shit happens out on the open ocean of life, but at least notify your crew before abandoning ship.

Fledgling devs see this type of behaviour and are encouraged to do the same. that is why we see a heap of recent games coming out that drop one, maybe two episodes before they go to the 8-12 month release cycle. Or worse get the dreaded abandoned tag. There isn't as much incentive to be a good dev these days when you can get the same money for less effort being the opposite.

comte bonfim

Nov 13, 2021
I am happy for you that you did not invest money in the patreon, but that does not change the fact that ero demonstrated the worst kind of dev practices and we don't want to encourage this from other devs by giving it a pass or by not calling it out. He lied to his supporters for the better part of a year and then ghosted them right before the next episode was supposedly going to drop. This made all the more egregious by the fact that he regularly logs on to F95 and doesn't have the decency to tell his supporters (even on patreon) that ..I am sorry but I can no longer continue with this game due to X, Y, or Z reasons..

I understand shit happens out on the open ocean of life, but at least notify your crew before abandoning ship.

Fledgling devs see this type of behaviour and are encouraged to do the same. that is why we see a heap of recent games coming out that drop one, maybe two episodes before they go to the 8-12 month release cycle. Or worse get the dreaded abandoned tag. There isn't as much incentive to be a good dev these days when you can get the same money for less effort being the opposite.
Yeah, that's actually pretty true though, and I do understand it.

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022

Not "notifying the crew about the sinking ship" was also a choice. A choice to drop to zero patreons from one day to another,
OR
drag it out as long as possible until his patreons get the hint.

The dev took the additional few months of a nice extra income.

Just wanted to add this to your comment.

Reactions: comte bonfim

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Well, oddly enough, if Ero dropped an update tomorrow, a lot of the people here shitting on him would update their games and play regardless.

I get the whole frustration with the patreon and people getting angry at Ero for all the things that played out, but come on now let's not lie to ourselves, the game is already abandoned and people are still keeping this thread alive. If Ero pisses that many people off, why not just drop it and move on.

I got nothing against Ero and I will play any games he make in the future, I didn't invest my money into his patreon so this doesn't really affect me like it does some people, this might come off as I'm attacking someone but I'm not, so why should I hate on him because other ppl do, y'all keep bitching about it in this thread like anything or Ero will change or something, if he hasn't changed it at this point in time, he won't regardless of all the posts trashing his name around, imho.

We all need to learn how to let go, man.
That's not how it works around here chief. :LOL:

Ratface666

Mar 22, 2020
I dont think thats the case in most cases. The reason most developers abandon their projects is because its unsustainable to release every month. Development takes a shitload of time. I have yet to release my game and I’ve been preparing some short scenes for literally months.

There are so many things that go into development you dont consider beforehand. Even as simple things such as continuity errors (a piece of clothing changing color in the middle of a scene), animations clipping etc ghost shells messing up etc, can ruin a lot of work. And that is not even taking into account what makes for good gameplay, dialogue and choices.

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022
I dont think thats the case in most cases. The reason most developers abandon their projects is because its unsustainable to release every month. Development takes a shitload of time. I have yet to release my game and I’ve been preparing some short scenes for literally months.

There are so many things that go into development you dont consider beforehand. Even as simple things such as continuity errors (a piece of clothing changing color in the middle of a scene), animations clipping etc ghost shells messing up etc, can ruin a lot of work. And that is not even taking into account what makes for good gameplay, dialogue and choices.
There's no need to defend the dev. Stop it.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
The fact this game is abandoned doesn't really annoy me (It upsets me a little of course)
What does piss me off is the dev not being honest about it.
Why couldn't he just come out and say that he is not going to continue with this?

Reactions: Acefrog162

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
To get the patreon money of course
Yeah and that's sad imo
the guilt of taking money and ghosting people would just eat me alive tbh
I always try to see the good in people and sometimes that backfires lol.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
The fact this game is abandoned doesn't really annoy me (It upsets me a little of course)
What does piss me off is the dev not being honest about it.
Why couldn't he just come out and say that he is not going to continue with this?
Because that way he can do as so many others have and come back at some point, act as if nothing happened, drop another 5min update and get 5k that month

Reactions: Joshy92
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes