Bobhanw

Feb 8, 2023
Honestly my biggest issue isn't that the game is most likely abandoned its the fact EroMersive seems to still be lurking on here but does not confirm the state of the game like if you lost the interest or passion to work on it that's fine it's a shame but fine just let us or at least your patreons know lol

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Honestly my biggest issue isn't that the game is most likely abandoned its the fact EroMersive seems to still be lurking on here but does not confirm the state of the game like if you lost the interest or passion to work on it that's fine it's a shame but fine just let us or at least your patreons know lol
Yeah, this is my issue. Dude logs into F95 fairly frequently and likely Discord as well. He can't post a single message on Patreon or something to at least give people a heads up or some closure?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ActiveShooter

Bobhanw

Feb 8, 2023
Maybe he's currently making something with someone else and signed an NDA and can't talk about it?
Idk if that's a possibility honestly but the issue is we were meant to get an update early this year and now we haven't heard one word since February from the Dev maybe it isn't as important for folks on here to know whats going on but if people on patreon are paying you money for game updates and you just go silent thats kinda messed up if your working on something else or lost the passion for this game at least say something so folk can decide if they want to still pay you for the game you are currently not working on but that's just my opinion

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Since Patreon has monthly payments (if a creator chooses so, probably 95% of them), they should force the creators to post at least once a month or they close their account.

Scammers could still make a shitty post once a month, but it would be more obvious. And it would clean the ones who just vanish but still get some money.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
Why should Patreon do something about that? As long as a dev has income, Patreon will get it's share, regardless of the dev is delivering or not. And all the patrons are adults who can and should decide for themselves if they are buying drugs, or whores, or support lazy devs. It's no assisted living.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Why should Patreon do something about that? As long as a dev has income, Patreon will get it's share, regardless of the dev is delivering or not. And all the patrons are adults who can and should decide for themselves if they are buying drugs, or whores, or support lazy devs. It's no assisted living.
Well, obviously from a business perspective Patreon shouldn't do anything about it. But what dolfe67 was suggesting is that it's what they'd like to see Patreon do. In other words, morally speaking, it would only be fair to supporters to get monthly posts from creators or their account gets closed.

Personally, I think it's unreasonable that the account get closed (that's too harsh), but I do think it should be something like auto-renew for monthly billing is stopped if there's no post. In order for it to restart, a post would need to be made. I do think that's reasonable, in terms of fairness. However, from a capitalistic perspective, they obviously have little to no reason to prevent themselves from getting regularly paid via their creators.

Honestly, if services like PayPal and Stripe didn't have specific rules in place, Patreon wouldn't be restricting any content that's not illegal in the United States. They follow the money, and if payment providers threaten to stop payment coming to them, they'll bark and clap like seals until they've paid proper obeisance to the payment gods.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
but I do think it should be something like auto-renew for monthly billing is stopped if there's no post. In order for it to restart, a post would need to be made.
Imagine what would happen in that case: Every month a lazy dev will write something like "Hey, I'm working on it, and the progress is grrreeaat! Thanks for all the fish!" or is explaining he's working on the grammar and have it done up to 150%.
For me as a patron it is way more easy to look which dev is silent for a longer time to cancel him, then to look through all such spam to see if a dev is still working on it or if he's only doing "grammar".

• Thinking Face

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Imagine what would happen in that case: Every month a lazy dev will write something like "Hey, I'm working on it, and the progress is grrreeaat! Thanks for all the fish!" or is explaining he's working on the grammar and have it done up to 150%.
For me as a patron it is way more easy to look which dev is silent for a longer time to cancel him, then to look through all such spam to see if a dev is still working on it or if he's only doing "grammar".
Well, I don't think such a policy should be limited only to that. Users should be able to report a dev for posts that are clearly just paying digital lip service. Patreon could then make the call whether a post qualifies for restarting their billing privileges. But I also wasn't saying it would automatically restart. In my mind it might go something more like this:
  1. Dev sets up a billing cycle and hums along for whatever length of time.
  2. Dev misses a monthly posting.
  3. Monthly billing stops.
  4. Dev posts, so monthly billing is reenabled (but not automatically restarted).
  5. Supporters who weren't billed b/c of the renewal being halted are notified.
  6. Each supporter can either stay unsubscribed or resubscribe if they still support the dev.
But ultimately, there really is no way to know for sure how trustworthy someone is.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
there really is no way to know for sure how trustworthy someone is.
That exactly is the point. And please don't forget, we are here in Eromersive's thread, a guy that was trampling on trustworthiness while laughing all the time. And so I cancelled my support to him some time ago, when he still was making monthly excuses about his grammar.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Well, obviously from a business perspective Patreon shouldn't do anything about it. But what dolfe67 was suggesting is that it's what they'd like to see Patreon do. In other words, morally speaking, it would only be fair to supporters to get monthly posts from creators or their account gets closed.

Personally, I think it's unreasonable that the account get closed (that's too harsh), but I do think it should be something like auto-renew for monthly billing is stopped if there's no post. In order for it to restart, a post would need to be made. I do think that's reasonable, in terms of fairness. However, from a capitalistic perspective, they obviously have little to no reason to prevent themselves from getting regularly paid via their creators.

Honestly, if services like PayPal and Stripe didn't have specific rules in place, Patreon wouldn't be restricting any content that's not illegal in the United States. They follow the money, and if payment providers threaten to stop payment coming to them, they'll bark and clap like seals until they've paid proper obeisance to the payment gods.
Eh, if supporters are soo gullible to continue supporting a dev for months after their last posts, that's on them. not the dev. This is for any game and any dev. Patreon is not a commercial sales portal where you are owed something for your contributions, it's a DONATION in hopes the dev continues to release the game, comic, or whatever you are supporting them to release.

This model hasn't changed and it doesn't need to. If someone stops releasing an end product in a reasonable time frame, drop your support of them. You can always sign back up at a later date when they begin to keep up with their side of things, and if they never release anything agasin, well then the subscriber has saved themselves some money.

BMF69

Oct 11, 2019
Since Patreon has monthly payments (if a creator chooses so, probably 95% of them), they should force the creators to post at least once a month or they close their account.

Scammers could still make a shitty post once a month, but it would be more obvious. And it would clean the ones who just vanish but still get some money.
they should just made it like yt if you get a certain amount of subs only then you can create special paid tiers to get the update earliear and participate in polls imagine you wouldve to pay EA 70$ a month just to get the update sooner for a game that is already completed and released and many games from i call them hobby devs are barely finished not even close and they get sometimes 2-3k a month and then they start to getting lazy instead of setting the br higher to get even more to the point where you basically can do it full time and maybe even hire people to do most work but everyone is setting their priorities different

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes