ConejoSSJ

Nov 4, 2019
It was a great game, it had become my favorite, I was waiting for the next update, until one day I logged in and saw "abandoned" at which point I was really sad because I had loved the game so much, how could I? they do this, it's too painful

BulgariAMARA

Apr 10, 2023
I tried it, I liked the game, like many others, I'm sorry that the game is abandoned.
I wonder if anyone has any information about the developer of this game? Perhaps he is working on creating some other game?
Can anyone share any information?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I tried it, I liked the game, like many others, I'm sorry that the game is abandoned.
I wonder if anyone has any information about the developer of this game? Perhaps he is working on creating some other game?
Can anyone share any information?
He's burnt out.

He actually started making another game to try to recharge himself, but that never got released.

So until proven otherwise, it's safe to say they aren't going to make this (or another) game anymore.

Actually, it was exactly 1 year ago that he said he was burning out and started the other game.

https://f95zone.to/threads/demon-boy-v0-42-eromersive.85881/post-9037675

BulgariAMARA

Apr 10, 2023
He's burnt out.

He actually started making another game to try to recharge himself, but that never got released.

So until proven otherwise, it's safe to say they aren't going to make this (or another) game anymore.

Actually, it was exactly 1 year ago that he said he was burning out and started the other game.

Thank you for sharing the information.
I'm sorry to hear, but for creative people burnout is an extremely common phenomenon and not many find the strength, energy and creativity to finish what they started.
I can only hope that this author will find the strength to create something interesting and tell his next story to the end, create a full-fledged game, he has great potential and skill for this, his drawings are very good.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
He's burnt out.

Yeah, it's very possible. It always could be that stepping away to the other project, even if it never went anywhere, helped with his burnout. It's possible he's working on this again but hasn't said anything because he doesn't want to pressure himself right back into another burnout. But I do feel like what you say is more likely. I'll keep watching this thread, just in case we turn out to be wrong and he makes a comeback. Nothing is ever certain.

Reactions: BulgariAMARA

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Thank you for sharing the information.
I'm sorry to hear, but for creative people burnout is an extremely common phenomenon and not many find the strength, energy and creativity to finish what they started.
I can only hope that this author will find the strength to create something interesting and tell his next story to the end, create a full-fledged game, he has great potential and skill for this, his drawings are very good.
Burnout may be a contributing factor but bad business practices is the main issue. This developer lied for months on end, never released the promised update (that was only a few short "grammar fixes" away), and then ghosted all. He is still around, but doesn't think it worth 5 minutes of his time to give anyone even the simplest of remarks. I understand doing that to F95 pirates, but to do that to your financial supporters on patreon? Low. :cautious:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Making a second game is not to prevent burnout, on the contrary it only helps it, you have 2 times the pressure. It can help to prevent weariness though, but I don't recommend it. Do you have an example of a dev making multiple games and finishing them?
Sorry, was this directed at me? You never quoted anyone, so it's a bit hard to tell. You only have "2 times the pressure" if you plan to do something with the second game. I had thought the second thing was only a temporary distraction to create without stressing about this game, with the idea to come back to this at some point. If it was intended to be a second full project that would continue simultaneously with this one, obviously that's a mistake. In any case, the effort to shift for a bit doesn't seem to have helped anyway.

FYI, weariness can lead to burnout, so I have no idea how temporarily shifting to another project to relieve weariness would not potentially help prevent burnout. Now, if the dev hadn't intended to make the shift in focus temporary, that's another matter entirely. I have no idea what's going on with this dev (as I've said multiple times now).

Boobgobbler

Aug 8, 2019
relataviely offtopic:
so what happens with all these abandoned games? (theres quite a few with huge potential!!)
> do the devs just sit on the code waiting for a buyer or an unrealistic continuation of the project -?

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
relataviely offtopic:
so what happens with all these abandoned games? (theres quite a few with huge potential!!)
> do the devs just sit on the code waiting for a buyer or an unrealistic continuation of the project -?
Nothing. Its just dropped and forgotten. This dev is very young (information from the ones who saw his stream), i bet he is in the college now.

Jul 24, 2023

MasKeLs

May 26, 2018
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes