Volk1

Jul 6, 2022
Hey all-

I just discovered this game. It looks amazing!

I played a little online and tried to download it, but I got the dreaded "Black Screen of death" with the Error "Failed to initialize graphics."

So, I did read through ALL 144 pages of this thread and tried deleting the file and re-downloading it from every single link. I tried running as admin. And I tried messing with the compatibility settings. My drivers are all updated.

I have an old computer which is most likely the culprit -- old Toshiba Satellite -- ironically runs Treasure of Nadia, Genesis Order, Summertime Saga and Behind the Dune just fine.

Just making sure there wasn't anything I could have missed.

Thanks, in advance, for any responses.

Reactions: Offensive_Ed

Volk1

Jul 6, 2022
I believe those games all use RenPy. This game uses RPG Maker, so it's a different game engine with different video requirements etc. Make sure your video card drivers are up to date.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Drivers are updated. Forgot to mention my system is 64 bit. But it's old and I don't think my graphics card can handle it.

Just looking for anything I might've missed.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Drivers are updated. Forgot to mention my system is 64 bit. But it's old and I don't think my graphics card can handle it.

Just looking for anything I might've missed.
Based upon what you are saying - you've checked everything except you don't mention if your computer meets the minimum requirements to run: #1,569

Reactions: Volk1

Volk1

Jul 6, 2022
Based upon what you are saying - you've checked everything except you don't mention if your computer meets the minimum requirements to run: #1,569
The minimum requirements for MZ:

Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Compatible OpenGL / VRAM 1GB or better
Additional Notes: 1280x768 or better Display

Yeah, I don't have 8 GB of RAM. Mine is 4GB and I am running Windows 7 still. However, I googled that MZ still works for W7 unless I'm mistaken.

BUT, like I said, I expected that my system may be too outdated for this unfortunately.

BTW, does anyone know if there is any website that runs it through the browser where you cans ave progress? OR is that a ridiculous question?

hobobrother

Jul 16, 2020
I really like the game, knows where to take shortcuts while keeping the eroticism the slow curruption of leslie and lilith as wingwoman are top marks in my book. the gesture and composition of the scene are good my only 2 complaints are: 1 usually composition of the scene dont take into account the dialogue box so the text blocks the illustration. 2 this is another game that should've been done in renpy, but hey each dev uses what already knows and its easier for them.

Reactions: BreadManGames

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
I really like the game, knows where to take shortcuts while keeping the eroticism the slow curruption of leslie and lilith as wingwoman are top marks in my book. the gesture and composition of the scene are good my only 2 complaints are: 1 usually composition of the scene dont take into account the dialogue box so the text blocks the illustration. 2 this is another game that should've been done in renpy, but hey each dev uses what already knows and its easier for them.
The composition has been an issue that'ts bugged me, but there is the option of using Tab to hide the dialogue if you want to appreciate the art.

Reactions: hobobrother

hobobrother

Jul 16, 2020
The composition has been an issue that'ts bugged me, but there is the option of using Tab to hide the dialogue if you want to appreciate the art.
I feel ya, this a problem in all erogames mostly due to engine constraints or being cumbersome to adapt, the best solution I've come so far is to have a dialogue box half the width of the screen and place it at one of the corners and move as the composition needs it.

Thanks, I already knew about the tab, but I don't know it substracts from the ¨experience" for me, but maybe I'm just too dumb and I need everything in front of me.

cheers

Reactions: BreadManGames

raz7

Aug 21, 2017
Are you gonna do something with the spycam and gym thing with Leslie this next update?

Darkon99

Jun 21, 2017
The minimum requirements for MZ:

Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Compatible OpenGL / VRAM 1GB or better
Additional Notes: 1280x768 or better Display

Yeah, I don't have 8 GB of RAM. Mine is 4GB and I am running Windows 7 still. However, I googled that MZ still works for W7 unless I'm mistaken.

BUT, like I said, I expected that my system may be too outdated for this unfortunately.

BTW, does anyone know if there is any website that runs it through the browser where you cans ave progress? OR is that a ridiculous question?
I'm running it on W7, but I have 32+ gigs of ram (keep forgetting how much) So W7 should not be a problem. A lot of Devs drop W7 from compatibility listings since it is an old OS and has been EOL for many years. Not worth the headaches supporting a "Dead OS"

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes