Viressa

May 24, 2018
not funny
Think of it this way, if it comes out sooner than that, you get to be pleasantly surprised!

(Seriously though, I've been burned by too many projects I got invested in whose creators then proceeded to vanish off the face of the internet, or arguably worse, do the "oh I'm still working on an update, guys, I know it's been two years but it'll be totally worth the wait" thing. Now I try to play games with the attitude of expecting each installment to be the last, and if I get anything else, it's a nice treat. Like looking in your bag and finding some loose fries that spilled out.)

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
First time playing, and it was great. Feels like a new and improved Urban Demons, with better art and animation. Shares the outlandish proportions, but the girls are considerably hotter IMO. Writing is really solid as well.

Minor quibbles would be that some events seem out of order. Already met the Freeman sisters in school, went to church and 'helped' with the bake sale, accompanied them to the pizza place (first time going there). Then the next time I went there, I met the sisters coming out of the door, and they acted like it was the first time we were meeting. Should have had an early mission requiring you to go pick up pizza for the house or something, so that this event would get triggered before meeting them at school.

Journal seems buggy as well. Some quests are moved to the book section on the right when all tasks in the update are completed, others stay on the left side. Not sure what the difference between the two is. And if I click on Main, Side, or Repeatable, and then go back to All, the entire list is blank. Also, it still says I need to meet Susy behind the school during lunch break, even though I've already been there and activated the scene with Tammy a couple of times.

Then there's the general issues with RPGM as an engine. Can't control text speed, can't rollback, can't save in the middle of dialog (at least the scene replay solves the biggest issue this creates), and unnecessary loading areas (having the staircase just outside the apartment as a separate area is infuriating when coming back home). Sometimes the animation lags, so for some popshots, it just goes from start frame to end frame. And this is just for basic image displays, only reason I can see is the bottleneck in the engine. I hear combat is going to be a feature at some point, but I've never been much into JRPG-style combat and I haven't played any game here that has changed my mind on that so far, so it'll probably be something I have to soldier through to get to the content.

Also, it's a damn shame that, with art this good, we're still restricted to 720p. I can live with the character sprites being all fuzzy during the zoomed-in scenes, since I'm not too interested in those assets, even if it brings the look of the game down a bit. But the actual artwork being comparatively low-res feels like a crime.

Even with those issues, it's still one of the most engaging games I've played here recently, so will look forward to the next update whenever it drops.

Will I Regret this?

Sep 7, 2017
hey there, nice game you've made, proportions are a little to cartoony, but it's good. I also got the issue involving getting stuck in the gym due to already going there earlier in the playthrough, could you make a quick sort of hotfix for this sort of situation?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
hey there, nice game you've made, proportions are a little to cartoony, but it's good. I also got the issue involving getting stuck in the gym due to already going there earlier in the playthrough, could you make a quick sort of hotfix for this sort of situation?
It's a known issue - developer has stated will address it in next update in a few months. Recommend going to the save prior to your earlier visit and starting from there.

Reactions: BreadManGames

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
First time playing, and it was great. Feels like a new and improved Urban Demons, with better art and animation. Shares the outlandish proportions, but the girls are considerably hotter IMO. Writing is really solid as well.

Minor quibbles would be that some events seem out of order. Already met the Freeman sisters in school, went to church and 'helped' with the bake sale, accompanied them to the pizza place (first time going there). Then the next time I went there, I met the sisters coming out of the door, and they acted like it was the first time we were meeting. Should have had an early mission requiring you to go pick up pizza for the house or something, so that this event would get triggered before meeting them at school.

Journal seems buggy as well. Some quests are moved to the book section on the right when all tasks in the update are completed, others stay on the left side. Not sure what the difference between the two is. And if I click on Main, Side, or Repeatable, and then go back to All, the entire list is blank. Also, it still says I need to meet Susy behind the school during lunch break, even though I've already been there and activated the scene with Tammy a couple of times.

Then there's the general issues with RPGM as an engine. Can't control text speed, can't rollback, can't save in the middle of dialog (at least the scene replay solves the biggest issue this creates), and unnecessary loading areas (having the staircase just outside the apartment as a separate area is infuriating when coming back home). Sometimes the animation lags, so for some popshots, it just goes from start frame to end frame. And this is just for basic image displays, only reason I can see is the bottleneck in the engine. I hear combat is going to be a feature at some point, but I've never been much into JRPG-style combat and I haven't played any game here that has changed my mind on that so far, so it'll probably be something I have to soldier through to get to the content.

Also, it's a damn shame that, with art this good, we're still restricted to 720p. I can live with the character sprites being all fuzzy during the zoomed-in scenes, since I'm not too interested in those assets, even if it brings the look of the game down a bit. But the actual artwork being comparatively low-res feels like a crime.

Even with those issues, it's still one of the most engaging games I've played here recently, so will look forward to the next update whenever it drops.
Gonna try to address everything so here it goes - off the top yeah I am aware of those bugs, some have been fixed while others (the journal) are due to plugin issues that I can't figure out so will either have to wait until the programmer I'm bringing on can or I find an alternative/better solution.

RPGM does have it's issues but from what I've seen lag is usually coming from user devices as I've never had the game lag on my PC and haven't had others mention that being an issue. For the battle system, it's not JRPG style, it's an active battle system similar to the old zelda nes games where you run around and whack the shit outta imps. Combat should be quick and, hopefully, fun.

I agree that it's a shame about the game's scale. Good news is that if I ever do decide to scale up the files are ready to go, as I draw at double scale and shrink down for the game.

Thanks for playing and glad you liked it, hopefully it'll continue to get even better

eyy thanks for thinking so. The gym thing is a known issue that has been fixed for v.05. If it happens to you reload a previous save and don't go there until you are sent there by Mom. Sorry you had that happen.

BreadManGames
I know you like good artists that can draw nice cartoon characters with big o titties & ass what do you think of her ?
View attachment 1933272
I dig the style, the texture on the bikini is great and I really like the proportions haha but it is a little over-rendered for my taste and I can tell it's a beginning artist from the ears and hands (or lack thereof). Very good art though

albinzelrin

Jun 13, 2017
Hey man please let me know if this has been suggested before, have you considered, in the updates where the mom is not the focus, adding regular, mundane non-escalating interactions between her and the son to add to the "mother/son" dynamic? I believe that would make the sexual tension and amorous scenes quite a bit more taboo via the contrast of a number of just plain interactions with no ulterior motive from the son versus him trying to rail her. Something along the line of them doing chores together, board games, general chit chat, etc purely within the realm of a normal mother/son relationship. Lemme know fam!

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
Hey man please let me know if this has been suggested before, have you considered, in the updates where the mom is not the focus, adding regular, mundane non-escalating interactions between her and the son to add to the "mother/son" dynamic? I believe that would make the sexual tension and amorous scenes quite a bit more taboo via the contrast of a number of just plain interactions with no ulterior motive from the son versus him trying to rail her. Something along the line of them doing chores together, board games, general chit chat, etc purely within the realm of a normal mother/son relationship. Lemme know fam!
I need you to stop reading my mind albin.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
For the battle system, it's not JRPG style, it's an active battle system similar to the old zelda nes games where you run around and whack the shit outta imps. Combat should be quick and, hopefully, fun.
I'm down with that. A bit of old-school violence in the middle of all the sex makes for a good combo.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
RPGM does have it's issues but from what I've seen lag is usually coming from user devices as I've never had the game lag on my PC and haven't had others mention that being an issue. For the battle system, it's not JRPG style, it's an active battle system similar to the old zelda nes games where you run around and whack the shit outta imps. Combat should be quick and, hopefully, fun.
This isn't my game, you can do whatever you want, and I'm not even a patron so I don't really have the right to complain, but I'm gonna say it anyway: This is a very bad idea, imho. RPGM's tile-based movement was simply not designed for this. It's difficult enough to navigate around static obstacles in this engine, and whenever creators add these kinds of combat systems they're inevitably jank and total garbage.

(Also, the reason anyone with a device that's older than a couple of years has trouble with lag is because these newer Node.js-based versions of RPGM run like absolute ass, so many unnecessary layers of abstraction adding wasted computations for something that should work on an SNES, graphically speaking. That lag is annoying but tolerable, until you add combat systems that require precision. Then it can make the game basically unplayable.)

Now you can, in theory, script anything you want into RPGM, so you could in theory make something that plays as silky smooth as, say, Hyper Light Drifter. But that will take a *lot* of work, most of it in the form of tediously polishing away all the tiny imperfections that harm the experience.

And is that work, actually worth it? IME, I've never ever played a hentai game with combat mechanics that didn't feel like the developer was deliberately wasting my time to stretch out how long the game takes to play. It's just like when they add grinding, where you have to do the same scenes over and over to raise affection stats to unlock new content. (At least I can just skip the text when they do that.) And the theoretical erotic potential combat sections can have, this game is entirely the wrong genre for. In Overgrowth (for ex), you can lose on purpose so you get a scene where your character is fucked by whatever monster you lost to. This is a shotadom harem simulator. (Though, that actually would be a very funny subversion, your character getting bent over and assraped in a game that's otherwise about using mind control powers to rape girls. Well, it would be funny once, having to sit through that every time you fuck up a combat section would be hell.) What are these combat sections going to add, really? Is the lack of combat in the current game a big obvious hole in the game's design? I don't think so, I would never have guessed you intended to add them if I didn't read your forum posts.

Finally, if you absolutely 100% insist on adding them anyway, please have an option to just automatically skip to the end. Your players (especially me) will thank you.

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
Hey guys can you help me ? I'm at the very beginning of the game (like day 2-3) and went to the beach zone. Now I can't do anything in it and I'm forbidden to leave the zone with the MC saying "I can't leave yet" as I'm trying to go back to the city. What's going on here? I went everyhere and tried to click on everything, people, the empty shower, everything else... Please help me figure out what to do :( 1658257482307.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MakeGamesNotVideos

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
Hey guys can you help me ? I'm at the very beginning of the game (like day 2-3) and went to the beach zone. Now I can't do anything in it and I'm forbidden to leave the zone with the MC saying "I can't leave yet" as I'm trying to go back to the city. What's going on here. I went everyhere and tried to click on everything, people, the empty shower, everything else... Please help me figure out what to do :( View attachment 1934287
You don't have the phone/teleport option either? If you send me your save I can fix this for you real quick, and it is fixed for v.05 already

Reactions: MakeGamesNotVideos

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
You don't have the phone/teleport option either? If you send me your save I can fix this for you real quick, and it is fixed for v.05 already
I have the phone, but I can't find any option to teleport.

Here is my save (I had to rename it to be able to upload it, the real name is file2.rmmzsave) in attachement. Thanks for your help !

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
I have the phone, but I can't find any option to teleport.

Here is my save (I had to rename it to be able to upload it, the real name is file2.rmmzsave) in attachement. Thanks for your help !
Here ya go, sorry for the bug!

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
Here ya go, sorry for the bug!
Thanks a lot that's really nice.

By the way, I've been looking for a walkthrough cause I can't find anything to interact with anymore. I've found in the thread that everyone is only talking about the quest menu accessible with J, but it seems bugged too, because I've already done everything listed there and besides not having anything new to do, they also don't seem to be considered as done:
1658260069162.png

Isn't there something wrong ?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Thanks a lot that's really nice.

By the way, I've been looking for a walkthrough cause I can't find anything to interact with anymore. I've found in the thread that everyone is only talking about the quest menu accessible with J, but it seems bugged too, because I've already done everything listed there and besides not having anything new to do, they also don't seem to be considered as done:
View attachment 1934332

Isn't there something wrong ?
You need to continue to workout with Leslie, eat dinner, and watch romantic movies in the evenings. You haven't completed that quest.
In post #2,709 I have a video of all the quests completed for v0.4.1 to compare if you ever feel you have "done everything"

Reactions: BreadManGames
4.50 star(s) 146 Votes