Gandalf78

Jan 31, 2018
When i wanna play the new Events for Version 5.0 do i have to load the new save File. And if so where do I have to start for playing the new Events cause the Journal says Everything so far is Completed, Expect the Mom training but she didnt show up. And the Spycam installing thing?
And when I talk with Sabrina their dosnt start any new Quest.
So what the Hell is going on here?

Okay forget what I said: Just laoded the Save once more and after talking with Sabrina opened the Journal and Tada their are the New Quests..
Sorry for saying anything ^^

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
Extract the file and move the "WWW" folder and the "package.json" file of the Demon Deals game into the nwjs folder.

Sometimes the "WWW" folder doesn't exist, that's usually because its in the root directory(or whatever the proper terminology is for the folder the game.exe file is in), in that case just copy and move all the contents that would be in that WWW folder normally. In this case it's: Audio, Css, Data, Effects, Fonts, Icon, Img, Js, Movies, Save, package.json, and index.html

The executable will now be in the nwjs file as "nw". Just open that directory in the terminal and type ./nw

goodluck
I know you mean well, but this is absolute nonsensical troubleshooting. To run nw.js games on Linux simply follow these steps: https://f95zone.to/threads/playing-on-linux-tutorials-tools-and-help.19523/post-3909528

i.e. install 2 packages and run 1 command. Everything is explained to understand what you are doing.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Can you please explain the reason that makes them incompatible ? Cause that is truly bad UX here...
Don't be "that guy."
  1. This is a game that is in development, not a completed game. Things change during game development which can cause saves not to be compatible. This isn't unusual in the industry. At all.
  2. The developer provides a save that starts at new content so that players do not need to start from scratch. So nothing is lost.

Tabuxy

Dec 4, 2017
I know you mean well, but this is absolute nonsensical troubleshooting. To run nw.js games on Linux simply follow these steps: https://f95zone.to/threads/playing-on-linux-tutorials-tools-and-help.19523/post-3909528

i.e. install 2 packages and run 1 command. Everything is explained to understand what you are doing.
Thank you for your assistance; however, your tone was not respectful and uncalled for. I was simply explaining how I got the game running on my computer, not trying to troubleshoot a problem on their system. Going forward, be mindful of how you communicate with others. Also, I was not the one requesting help, so I replied to the one who needed help as well. I believe that would trigger a notification for them.

Anyone run this game on linux?

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
I was simply explaining how I got the game running on my computer, not trying to troubleshoot a problem
Yes you were precisely explaining your troubleshooting steps of a nw.js game not running correctly on your system... And again, while you indeed found a solution to run it (and all the more merit to you btw) this solution is not sustainable, generic or reliable. So, in order to help you and other people on Linux here, I provided you with a correct solution that will help you save some time in the future.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Can you please explain the reason that makes them incompatible ? Cause that is truly bad UX here...
If I'm not mistaken, Breadman has an actual coder this time, rather than doing it himself, which means old code is cleaned up, variables have changed and things that worked in older versions don't work anymore because of those changed variables. One thing programmers hate, no matter their background is "spaghetti code", so simplifying old code is always a good step, certainly if there are things there that are relevant in future patches.

shad79rod

Dec 14, 2020
I am stuck once I leave Angelina's apartment after spending the night. It seems that the player will run into his mom but then the game loops back to the text as he leaves the apartment. is anyone else having this issue? Thanks.

dharkari

Feb 9, 2020
I can't seem to trigger Sabrina's final quest. While I reach Orgoluuk's Lair, the event does not trigger, and I read there are supposed to be imps on the way which I did not encounter in hell. Any help is appreciated.

shad79rod

Dec 14, 2020
I can't seem to trigger Sabrina's final quest. While I reach Orgoluuk's Lair, the event does not trigger, and I read there are supposed to be imps on the way which I did not encounter in hell. Any help is appreciated.
If you walk around and jump over the obstacles, you can follow the trail up and you should trigger the event.

Nivelungo

Oct 16, 2017

when i tried to install the 2º package it says that it can not find "nwjs-ffmpeg-codecs-bin" i tried "sudo apt install nwjs-ffmpeg-codecs-bin" u know why?
im on linux mint

DaemonCulaba

Aug 30, 2021
I'm stuck after spending the night at Angelina's house. The mom call and I'm stuck in an endless text loop
I had the same problem. I loaded a previous save and completed Leslie's quest for this update, then I finished Angelina's quest and there was no problem.

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, Breadman has an actual coder this time, rather than doing it himself, which means old code is cleaned up, variables have changed and things that worked in older versions don't work anymore because of those changed variables. One thing programmers hate, no matter their background is "spaghetti code", so simplifying old code is always a good step, certainly if there are things there that are relevant in future patches.
Yes and one central thing game developers need to worry about is version compatibility and UX continuity. Anyway, let's not make this a debate.

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
when i tried to install the 2º package it says that it can not find "nwjs-ffmpeg-codecs-bin" i tried "sudo apt install nwjs-ffmpeg-codecs-bin" u know why?
im on linux mint
My explanation is for Arch Linux, it's most likely not called the same on Debian/Ubuntu, just search for the equivalent package on your distro... And if after your search you're still in a bind, go to the thread which is all about linux gaming and people will be more likely to help you than in here, cause this question is out of scope of Demon Deals specifically.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes