Skiraka

Oct 13, 2020
Man reading that made me depressed. So many good games I loved just grinded to a halt as devs got tired of making them.

Wondering why so many hand drawn art games get to that point.
Probably because game development in general is pretty much a shitshow. It's not really worth it unless you're making big money or are really passionate. Working on the same thing for years will eventually get tiring for anyone.

iGrimme

Dec 30, 2020
Let's not forget that Brenda swept her last year, and before that she couldn't defeat Sabrina (Brenda would clear them both, but Breadman afraid of her total dominance hadn't include her in first poll). She won only because her strongest rivals move on. This is nothing but a mickey mouse championship.

There's only one GOAT. Appreciate the greatness.
View attachment 3174824
You obviously know ball but I gotta say that it cant be understated that with all the momentum of the Super Team Linnets and the Twins had whilst STILL losing to Sunny, that maybe Sabrinas run was a fluke and she was playing against plumbers, I have to accept that brenda may just be the more skilled competitor though.

Turkis

Jul 17, 2017
Man reading that made me depressed. So many good games I loved just grinded to a halt as devs got tired of making them.

Wondering why so many hand drawn art games get to that point.
I'm with you brother. It's sad that many good games just end before they are done.

But the reality is that hand drawn 2d games take a lot effort. Doing a 30 second loop animation can take a dozen to a couple dozen frames. Depending how fast someone draws, that can take them all day to a week just to sketch them out. Than you have to include inking and coloring each frame too. That's a lot of work for one artist. Which is why most cartoon shows have dozens of artist working on them at any one time.

Combine that with how many don't get the support they need to do this full time, it really kills their spirit to finish their game.

Reactions: FakoSIL

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I'm with you brother. It's sad that many good games just end before they are done.

But the reality is that hand drawn 2d games take a lot effort. Doing a 30 second loop animation can take a dozen to a couple dozen frames. Depending how fast someone draws, that can take them all day to a week just to sketch them out. Than you have to include inking and coloring each frame too. That's a lot of work for one artist. Which is why most cartoon shows have dozens of artist working on them at any one time.

Combine that with how many don't get the support they need to do this full time, it really kills their spirit to finish their game.
Well actually, the ones I see grind to a halt actually DO get the support to do it full time. I feel like that is part of the issue. They realise they are getting loads of money no matter how much work they put in. Patreon doesnt really incentivize actually working.

archmancer8

Mar 25, 2020
Well actually, the ones I see grind to a halt actually DO get the support to do it full time. I feel like that is part of the issue. They realise they are getting loads of money no matter how much work they put in. Patreon doesnt really incentivize actually working.
Preach. While not necessarily every creator falls into this trap, Patreon and similar models encourage and reward turning supporters into pay pigs. I feel like smut artists were creating more and higher quality work back in the days where commissions were the way to make cash.

Turkis

Jul 17, 2017
Well actually, the ones I see grind to a halt actually DO get the support to do it full time. I feel like that is part of the issue. They realise they are getting loads of money no matter how much work they put in. Patreon doesn't really incentivize actually working.
There's over 7,000 2dcg games on here. A decent chunk of them are pretty good games that never get the support the dev needs to keep moving forward.

But you're right, with the way Patreon is set up it really doesn't incentivize putting work into a game. And it's heavily abused by not just game dev's, but artists and even authors too. But Patreon isn't going to make any change to its system, then they'd lose out on all that money.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
So Ig Art is at 60% and post production might take 3-4 days, so we can ballpark it till Jan 2024.
Or longer. The next two weeks are holiday weeks - lots of family things that people do, and all that. Still having physical therapy on the injury, even though he's working through it. So, there's that.

In the past BreadmanGames has budgeted 1 to 2 weeks for post production (usually 1, though).

If you look at this for the previous update: #6,195 - that previous release was about 6 weeks from that point, even without the holiday season.

The best thing to say is "It comes when it comes, and not a day earlier."

Gamerboybst64

Jun 8, 2018
Or longer. The next two weeks are holiday weeks - lots of family things that people do, and all that. Still having physical therapy on the injury, even though he's working through it. So, there's that.

In the past BreadmanGames has budgeted 1 to 2 weeks for post production (usually 1, though).

If you look at this for the previous update: #6,195 - that previous release was about 6 weeks from that point, even without the holiday season.

The best thing to say is "It comes when it comes, and not a day earlier."
Well, Its quality work so worth the wait. Also I like how Breadman is transparent about his works with his supporters base, not many devs do that.

Joey1264

Sep 29, 2020
Progress Log - 2023/12/14

What, a progress log on a Thursday? Yeah, like I said last log I'm heading out of town for a family thing from tomorrow through the weekend (and it's gonna be a day longer than I thought it was), should be back early Tuesday but obviously too late to post the log.

Small jump because of the short week, but I did finish the art for the event I was on, just didn't have time to jump in to the next one. Reading through the script, I don't think the next one should be too bad so I should be able to have a decent amount of progress. As always, to be seen haha

It's gonna be streaky these next few weeks with the holiday and everything, so bear with me ya'll, I appreciate the patience and trust you have in me.

- Breadman
View attachment 3174184
Take the rest of the year off. Enjoy the holidays.

4.50 star(s) 147 Votes