JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
Hallo! I'm enjoying this game, having only been pointed out to me two days ago. I'm playing on my PC, but also see there's an android version. I'm sorry if these questions have been answered, but at 446 pages, that's a lot to look through and phrasing of the question makes searching ineffective (I did try for both questions and the query came up empty).

Question 1: Is the Android version compatible with Android 14? This update blocks apks from installing if they were "for older version of android." I forget the exact things that it calls for, and I can sideload but that's just extra steps I'd rather avoid, so I'm curious if anyone knows if this will refuse installation if I copy to my phone and try to install it directly.

Question 2: Are the PC and Android saves swappable? Like, can I transfer my PC game to my phone so I don't have to start over?

Thank you in advance!

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
Hallo! I'm enjoying this game, having only been pointed out to me two days ago. I'm playing on my PC, but also see there's an android version. I'm sorry if these questions have been answered, but at 446 pages, that's a lot to look through and phrasing of the question makes searching ineffective (I did try for both questions and the query came up empty).

Question 1: Is the Android version compatible with Android 14? This update blocks apks from installing if they were "for older version of android." I forget the exact things that it calls for, and I can sideload but that's just extra steps I'd rather avoid, so I'm curious if anyone knows if this will refuse installation if I copy to my phone and try to install it directly.

Question 2: Are the PC and Android saves swappable? Like, can I transfer my PC game to my phone so I don't have to start over?

Thank you in advance!
I answered question 1 the practical way today, I tried it. It does install on Android 14.

SAB23

Mar 29, 2020
Hi guys, does anyone know if there is an event even for leslie in the next update? thanks and happy holidays to everyone,

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Only if you know a way to do it. And if you know of a simple way to do it that would be beneficial for the average user to do themselves, please share here.

PS, I found my answer simply searching for android save in this thread. Fourth result: 7,302. If you haven't already done so, I recommend setting up your search results to sort by date (see my signature).
Hi guys, does anyone know if there is an event even for leslie in the next update? thanks and happy holidays to everyone,
Leslie has content every update 7,796

Reactions: JAvatar
Aug 25, 2017

Thank you in advance!
saves are not swappable, but every update comes with a "current" save file, that has everything unlocked up to the start of the update

Leslie will get content in this and every subsequent update

Reactions: FakoSIL and JAvatar

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
Only if you know a way to do it. And if you know of a simple way to do it that would be beneficial for the average user to do themselves, please share here.

PS, I found my answer simply searching for android save in this thread. Fourth result: 7,302. If you haven't already done so, I recommend setting up your search results to sort by date (see my signature).
Leslie has content every update 7,796
And also TheSeventhLevel, thank you both for the info. I was rooting in my phone after installing the apk, and I can't even find the install folder, let alone where the saves are, so I feel TheSeventhLevel is right that there is not swapping saves between PC and Android. But again, thank you much for the info!

Zakko

Lead Dev of Demon Deals
Game Developer
Jun 4, 2017
I was rooting in my phone after installing the apk, and I can't even find the install folder, let alone where the saves are, so I feel TheSeventhLevel is right that there is not swapping saves between PC and Android.
The reason there are issues providing a save for mobile is because the save data is in localStorage, only accessible for a user with a rooted phone. I haven't actually checked it myself as I do not have a rooted phone, and it wouldn't solve the issue anyway.
I have some things to test that may get me results, maybe not.
I do have a solution in mind should my testing net no results, but it is a bigger task and will be on the backburner for quite a while. I can't promise save compatibility between different devices, but a way to avoid having to start from the beginning should you lose your saves or switch devices to non-PC/macOS/Linux is in the cards... probably. No promises from me though, as always.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Count Morado

JAvatar

Mar 9, 2018
The reason there are issues providing a save for mobile is because the save data is in localStorage, only accessible for a user with a rooted phone. I haven't actually checked it myself as I do not have a rooted phone, and it wouldn't solve the issue anyway.
I have some things to test that may get me results, maybe not.
I do have a solution in mind should my testing net no results, but it is a bigger task and will be on the backburner for quite a while. I can't promise save compatibility between different devices, but a way to avoid having to start from the beginning should you lose your saves or switch devices to non-PC/macOS/Linux is in the cards... probably. No promises from me though, as always.
Fully understand. I don't have a rooted phone either, and it's not that big of a deal. I had hoped I could just pop the save from PC to phone so I could keep playing, and I know some programs have the same save format(example being Fallout Shelter, the PC and Android saves are the same file format), and some aren't, or the location is just off enough to mess things up. I appreciate the feedback and information.

4.50 star(s) 147 Votes