Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
This was posted for Patrons, but I'm reposting it here for you guys too!

Ver 0.39 of Demon Gods is officially out, marking the completion of Act 1! (But if we're being honest, I'll probably still go back and tweak things here and there.)

Can you believe that this game is planned to have (roughly) six acts?! That's right, you're in it for the long haul. And I am so grateful for all of you who have supported me along the way. I can't wait to continue this journey with you all. (I say roughly because there are some actions you can take in game that will change the length a bit). That means the hard part, which often causes other developers to disappear or get burnt out, has already been completed! I hope this helps alleviate any fears of me doing the same.

The outline for the entire game is already pre-written, but don't worry, there's plenty of room for changes and surprises. I'm no Brandon Sanderson, but I love world-building, so I hope you guys enjoy the depth and detail I've added so far. While this may be a smut game, I'm committed to creating a rich and interesting story for you all to enjoy.

Some players have said that the game feels too linear, but I promise that I'm working on adding more choices and variety to the game. My main focus is writing the "canon" route first, then going back and adding more content. Feedback is always appreciated, so please let me know what you think.

And a little background on me: I've always loved writing and gaming, becoming a writer or making games has been a dream of mine for a long time. Some stuff happened that's too depressing to go into here which stopped me from writing at all. Ever since that happened I'd occasionally pick up a pen, write a story outline and get excited..then never touch it again. When my wife found out she was pregnant, I talked with my wife about stuff I wish I had done but never got around to. Despite my wife's aversion to sexual stuff, she was the one who encouraged me to go for it and create this game. So here we are, and I'm excited to see where this journey takes us.

Now that I'm starting on Act 2, you can get a sneak peek at some of the chapter titles I have planned. Just don't sue me for using notepad to keep my notes organized. The screenshot attached is a sneakpeak at content that is upcoming in Act 2.
Sorry, I left it purposely vague, and to be honest the titles of these chapters are more for my use, so they're not proper titles, but then again this isn't a proper preview.

Thanks again for your support, and let's keep this adventure going! (I have a couple vague story outlines partially written for future games already, so I intend to keep this going).
preview.png

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
AI art is absolutely gorgeous but the sex scenes themselves are usually pretty bland and limited. Not expecting much.
These are pretty hard, and even with me photoshopping the images to try and keep consistent characters it's still hard. I can't tell you how many I've spent hours working on only to just scrap entirely because I was unsatisfied with them for various reasons.
I can get some pretty good sex scenes created, but usually after hours of effort, which causes me to start falling behind my self-appointed quota for the update.

I definitely photoshop every single image I've added to this game (save for a couple old and minor ones), and I will continue adding a couple high effort sex scenes from time to time too, but I definitely can't add them for every scene without falling behind on story / programming / other images unfortunately.
I'll do my best though!

I've also been trying to make my own gifs and add them to the game but this might take some time until I get better at making them.

If you've tried Version 0.39, check out the new Tailor scenes. A couple of those required significant effort and lots of photoshop to the point that pretty much nothing generated by AI was even left.

Zentraxius

Oct 18, 2018
Rather like what I've seen so far, was hoping there would be a way of playing through a "pure" route or forced sex only on bad ends/losses but that ship kinda sailed real fast. Will be following along with development with great interest.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Rather like what I've seen so far, was hoping there would be a way of playing through a "pure" route or forced sex only on bad ends/losses but that ship kinda sailed real fast. Will be following along with development with great interest.
Sorry! I had considered a resistance path but at the same time succubi need to eat, so it didn't really make sense.
I'll keep it in mind for my next game though!

I haven't fully decided yet, but before I get too much further I need to decide if I'm going to add a corruption stat or if I'll just let some consequential choices be made.

jack92783

Mar 7, 2017
At some point, the brothel stops functioning. The only events you get are a dude who wants to talk to you or the generic "failed" event.

I think it's probably due to this:
Code:
    <<set _brothelpickup to random(99)>>
    <<if $slutfame lte 20 and _brothelpickup lte 19>>
        <<brothelclient>>
    <<elseif $slutfame lte 40 and _brothelpickup lte 32>>
        <<brothelclient>>
    <<elseif $slutfame lte 60 and _brothelpickup lte 49>>
        <<brothelclient>>
    <<elseif $slutfame lte 80 and _brothelpickup lte 59>>
        <<brothelclient>>
    <<elseif $slutfame lte 100 and _brothelpickup lte 70>>
<<brothelclient>>
    <<else>>
        <<switch random(4)>>
You don't have a case for when slutfame is greater than 100, so it just defaults to failure. I assume what you wanted to do was make it an automatic success (since the range of rolls that led to success increases as the stat does) and probably intended to put in something like:
Code:
<<elseif $slutfame gte 100;>
<<brothelclient>>
Either way, it leads to a death spiral (which does have some possible exits, like going to the forest and charming something, or finding someone on the streets, but either one takes a lot more clicks than attempting to go to the brothel, which up to that point had been fairly reliable.

Reactions: Panonon

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
At some point, the brothel stops functioning. The only events you get are a dude who wants to talk to you or the generic "failed" event.

You don't have a case for when slutfame is greater than 100
Yep, this has been addressed and fixed already. Good news is that it's already been fixed for 0.39 which if you're not a patron, you will have access to on the 26th on my website, or on May 3rd when 0.4 becomes available for Patrons.

Thanks for mentioning it though, a lot of bugs like this I don't catch until someone brings it up.

Ver 0.39 is up on my website, and will be available for download in a week.
Ver 0.4 is to be released for patrons on the same day (may 3rd)

In retrospect, my rebalancing of battles in 0.39 was pretty bad and made the battles a lot harder and more of a slog.
I've fixed this in 0.4 and am pretty happy with it after playtesting

Last edited:

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I've added 0.39 up for download for free. I've switched all the images to webp, so not as much loss in quality as jpg, but still not as good as .png

If anyone would prefer I upload a jpg version, let me know and I'll make the modifications and re-upload.

I will be mostly unavailable for the next few days, but I'll be bringing my laptop with me so if there are any major issues, I will fix them as soon as I have internet access.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
DemonGods-0.39
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Is ther the bugs got fixed? There were a infint loop where I can't keep playing when the repution hit hgiest velue where we can keep go trow map becous lot f strengers asking for see boobs and blowjobs and so on. I wasn't able to do nothing I admit I cheated the repution to see how it gose and was an ifinit loop to sex from strengers withut be able to go my way. It got fixed?

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
What about the black screed withoub beed able to see a map were we are going it loo like we walking around blindolde while in the forest with no clue where we can go. I would be goot to by maps in the marked place so we can be awere on were we are going without go back an fort with no map only black screen while we are in the forset.

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
..yeah recent tag added....and it's only 25 games that have it......
..and it's added to this thread now...
And when I requested pixel art tag, I got the finger. Pixel art tag has been rejected 3 TIMES. Been requested literally for YEARS. I just found out about ai tag and I'm so pissed off.

Reactions: Steezer54
4.30 star(s) 12 Votes