Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Hmmm I am sure this is a great game! I usually do not mind MTLs but I'll wait until every bug has been smoothed out then I'll download it for myself.
I respect DuniX 's efforts of translation + quashing bugs greately: It shows great love for the game he translated (even if it is Edited MTL, I don't mind): I would do the same for Kuro Ai (The game I want translated badly) had I had the skills to modify games, but as the game is right now, I'll wait a bit for the bugs to be smoothened out at least! I mean, the art of the game is sublime, the characters look vibrant, the gameplay looks "Eushullyesque" or "Bunny Blackquesque"... and that without even trying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 356789 and entsuo

rojobahr

Jan 27, 2020
How do you use the MwbExtrator and GxpPacker tools in the MEGA archive?

I booted the game up to see if everything works and while I've only seen the first few text boxes, I was wondering if the dialogue could be edited more to flow better. I found the text boxes in the "moacode" folder, so is it just a matter of editing the text as appropriate, then packing that folder using those tools?

Basically, I'm asking if I can edit without it causing any major problems, even if I do only use the edits for myself because there is no way I have the time to do the whole game by a deadline.

Dequinoz

Aug 18, 2018
I need a better save as that is too close to the error which makes it unusable based on how the script works.
Saves at the beginning are the best.

Edit: Maybe this works? I can't test it with that save.
no worries it worked buuuut another bug probably.
sapphire scenes for Shuka don't trigger. She randomly showed up in the defense during Shuka without any intro scenes. Also I capped her properly (got the popup during defense) and nothing happened. Everything during shuka seems really screwed.

save right after she showed up, before I capped her.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
How do you use the MwbExtrator and GxpPacker tools in the MEGA archive?

I booted the game up to see if everything works and while I've only seen the first few text boxes, I was wondering if the dialogue could be edited more to flow better. I found the text boxes in the "moacode" folder, so is it just a matter of editing the text as appropriate, then packing that folder using those tools?

Basically, I'm asking if I can edit without it causing any major problems, even if I do only use the edits for myself because there is no way I have the time to do the whole game by a deadline.
Extract AVGX_V2
patch03 folder goes into GxpPacker
moacode folders into MwbExtractor
The only things you should note is you need to duplicate the moacode.mwb from the patch03 and place in MwbExtractor.
After that after editing the translation files in the moacode folder you just drag that folder to MwbExtractor.exe(needs moacode.mwb to be present otherwise you get error) and it will update it.
After that you replace moacode.mwb in the patch03 and do the same with GxpPacker.exe, it already has the right structure.

What you should note is you can get bugs if you exceed the line numbers of the original in "some" scripts.
But you shouldn't worry too much as if it was the case for every script the game would have been completely fucked.

no worries it worked buuuut another bug probably.
sapphire scenes for Shuka don't trigger. She randomly showed up in the defense during Shuka without any intro scenes. Also I capped her properly (got the popup during defense) and nothing happened. Everything during shuka seems really screwed.

save right after she showed up, before I capped her.
At the ending there is probably more script triggers around.

I am not sure about the heroine capture, it could just be you need to be further into the story to properly capture. I haven't managed to get the mage to join after I let go once, do you know how that plays out? since I am wondering if my tinkering caused another bug.

Usually scripts start just fine, it's when they end bugs appear, and scripts that are chained with previous script. Can you give a previous save where a previous story scene played? I could look into that.

Edit: Updated the MTL for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: SomeGuy0000

TruuthBoi

Jun 1, 2022
How is the difficutly? Adjustable? Saw the tower defense tag on VNDB, and I tend to be ass at those :ROFLMAO:

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
How is the difficutly? Adjustable? Saw the tower defense tag on VNDB, and I tend to be ass at those :ROFLMAO:
It's more of a dungeon defense.
It's pretty easy so far but I did get one defense battle with 60 units and a heroine that were overleveled that bloodied me a bit.
If you just summon them out once they are in the red they heal pretty fast in the reserve after which you put them back in and continue to recycle them.
You can also spawn new units in battle but they tend to be underleveled and need some more structures of their type to really be useable.

Last edited:

PepperMan

Dec 7, 2020
DuniX said:
Tillia 03 and 04 are both mostly untranslated and still left in japanese. And can you start including a text document with the MTL folder on how to install it for when people wanna upgrade versions or try assisting the project.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Tillia 03 and 04 are both mostly untranslated and still left in japanese. And can you start including a text document with the MTL folder on how to install it for when people wanna upgrade versions or try assisting the project.
Fixed, it seems Translator++ was spazzing out and I missed that.

Latest version 1.4.

The game script files are already included and instructions are here.

Reactions: Qtiomega89

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
Mega
Latest version 1.4.

Thank you very much for your efforts. My Japanese is not yet good enough to properly read text so this is a huge help.

Mar 25, 2020
I need a better save as that is too close to the error which makes it unusable based on how the script works.
Saves at the beginning are the best.

Edit: Maybe this works? I can't test it with that save.
Can confirm it works as I had the same issue

PepperMan

Dec 7, 2020
Mega
Latest version 1.4.

Ok after more retrying I got how it works. Here are my idiot-proof(probably) instructions. And being just on forums is kinda unhelpful.

TO UPDATE WITH A NEW PATCH
1: Download new patch and extract it and the inside AVGX_V2.rar
2: Open 2 explorers navigate one to patch03\bincode\ (where you will see a moacode.mwb file), then navigate the other explorer inside the MwbExtractor folder (where the MwbExtractor.exe is)
3: Drag the moacode.mwb onto the MwbExtractor.exe and wait untill it produces a moacode folder
4: Make changes to the files in the new moacode folder (either yourself or by copying and replacing contents)
5: Drag the moacode folder onto MwbExtractor.exe, observe as it will replace the old moacode.mwb with a new timestamp
5-b: Remove the moacode folder, it works without this step but might produce errors. better safe then sorry.​
6: Renavigate the explorers so one can see the patch03 folder and the other inside the GxpPacker folder
7: Drag the patch03 folder onto the GxpPacker.exe
8: Place the new patch03.gxp into the main game folder.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
3: Drag the moacode.mwb onto the MwbExtractor.exe and wait untill it produces a moacode folder
You shouldn't do that, you just need any moacode.mwb to act as a dummy.
The moacode folder itself is what I keep up to date.
I keep moacode.mwb in the patch folder just as a placeholder where you should place your new one.

I will probably make things more straightforward in the next patch once more bugs gets fixed.

rojobahr

Jan 27, 2020
What you should note is you can get bugs if you exceed the line numbers of the original in "some" scripts.
But you shouldn't worry too much as if it was the case for every script the game would have been completely fucked.
Are those bugs just simple stuff like text going past what the text box will render or more severe stuff like soft-locks or save corruption?

Do you have a list of some sort of where they can crop up? I admittedly was hoping to contribute at least something to this endeavor.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Are those bugs just simple stuff like text going past what the text box will render or more severe stuff like soft-locks or save corruption?
You know them, because they are the bugs you keep hearing about in this thread.

Do you have a list of some sort of where they can crop up?
Nope! Part of the fun of minefield defusal is people blowing up.
The script files are provided for you precisely because you can step on one at any time.
Think of it as community bug hunting and fixing.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote