HV10

Feb 20, 2018
Lore question for the series (with spoilers for both games):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TBH because Demon Roots game came wayyyyy after King's Exit, it's likely the author haven't even thought Demon Roots characters (I think Deathpolca and Blessed Curse is never mentioned or hinted at in King's Exit) when making King's Exit.

With Bless Curse controlling the North Half of the continent, its army, a fuck ton of white phantoms and that ultra beast, its extremely unlikely that the remaining Demons even with the nursery and permanent brainwash can defeat him. (Especially with the Demons being useless against the white phantoms) In fact, I doubt even everyone from the southern continent combined can defeat him and his forces.

By my head cannon, Blessed Curse likely possessed Najezta's big bro and continued to rule as the emperor. Blessed Curse likely won't play an active role in eliminating the Demons (as Geolouise's party and savior did the major work according to epilogue and King Exit's game) and continued to rule as Emperor. According to some comments here and in King's Exit's post, Geolouise at the end of the game inherited the hero's crest and went on to become the Great King.

In NG+ dungeon, the true Geolouise/king fight is wayyyyy harder than the blessed curse (or supreme blessed curse) fight, so I am theorizing that Great King Geolouise is capable of beating blessed curse and maybe her hero's crest can prevent Blessed Curse's possession by some shenanigan. So I guess if Blessed Curse really existed in King's Exit world, it would be Geolouise who ended his reign.

Geolouise might've not gone in a conflict with Blessed Curse, but idk cause she's against slavery as we saw in Demon Root's prologue.

Ironically I think the true ending of Demon Roots is way fitting than the "King's Exit ending" as the prologue to King's Exit. Blessed Curse is that fucking op, if he were to take an active role against the Demon in the war there would be no need for Geolouise's party.

Reactions: xanon515x

DeathPolca is cute

Apr 29, 2020
For anyone wanting to fight the dragons in the mountains with the ultra beast, the male Palo dragons are naturally weak to the lightning attribute while the females are weak to earth attribute. (You can tell their gender by their color or when you're targeting them there's is a gender symbol)
can force a weakness onto the enemy, I would say use lightning since
has a move that naturally has lightning attribute and it always hits first, so it's a really good combo. I also have Ange to naturally tank and Polca to heal and give boosts.

BremenMask

May 26, 2017
This game is massive improvement from the Dev's previous game. But like King's Exit, the ending is disappointing. In King's Exit the villain reveals a super weapon out of nowhere that the protagonist helped build beforehand. The weapon is partially activated and most of the main cast die. In Demon's Roots, a secret super powerful anti-demon conspiracy is revealed, and all the demon cast die offscreen (besides the protagonist and squid mom). Most of the game is about putting aside each other's differences to work together for a better future but at the last minute throws that all away in order to ensure that the events of King's Exit occur. I don't mind bittersweet endings (I like the endings of both Nier games), but not when they thematically with the rest of the story. Despite the ending, I really enjoyed this game and am interested to see what else the devs have cooking.

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
This game is massive improvement from the Dev's previous game. But like King's Exit, the ending is disappointing. In King's Exit the villain reveals a super weapon out of nowhere that the protagonist helped build beforehand. The weapon is partially activated and most of the main cast die. In Demon's Roots, a secret super powerful anti-demon conspiracy is revealed, and all the demon cast die offscreen (besides the protagonist and squid mom). Most of the game is about putting aside each other's differences to work together for a better future but at the last minute throws that all away in order to ensure that the events of King's Exit occur. I don't mind bittersweet endings (I like the endings of both Nier games), but not when they thematically with the rest of the story. Despite the ending, I really enjoyed this game and am interested to see what else the devs have cooking.
Wait what chapter did you reach?! Because it looks like you reached only Chapter 3 based on what I'm reading...
Oh you sweet summer child...

Manknam

Jun 15, 2020
1677790545458.png 1677790545458.png Hi folks,the game gave me this error just about after the fight with the emperor in the second empire. I have no idea what is it

rockstarme

Aug 4, 2021
Amazing story, seriously too good. I feel like it sums up what the meaning of life and humanity is. Please don't quit after loss to the emperor. There is a decent ending but true to what life is. Urge you to complete it.

LainHarth

Sep 23, 2018
Nice! this is mine!

I did the NG+ after this and well, theres a little bit! But let me just tell you, if you want to fully complete all content, buckle up. its ridiculously hard at the end
I played the NG+ only 5 min, going to play Kings Exit first since i dont want to spoil the experience.

4.50 star(s) 97 Votes