SomePerson009

Sep 28, 2021
Regarding the white phantoms, I think with the hero's shied they are pretty much invincible vs the demon and still a very tough opponent vs. human.

Maybe with permanent brainwashing and nursery the demons can beat the imperial army, but they'd still have to deal with tens of thousands of white phantom and the ultra beast buffed by the hero's shied the emperor have at his disposal. Even if the demons somehow learned about the hero's shied they still need to get through the lands of the empire to destroy it. If the demon army were able to approach the empire's land, Blessed Curse would likely take an active approach in wiping out the demons with his white phantoms and ultra beast.

Maybe the hero's shied could be destroyed if a brainwashed Kudan were sent on a stealth mission to do so.

Regarding the ultra beast, yeah Kudan is strong and only defeated by two S tier opponent, but the ultra beast still one shot Dealthpolca's party (Mebius/Geolund included) during the true ending route, so I'd think Kudan is still a very little threat against the white phantom ultra beast. I firmly believe the only way the demons can deal with the ultra beast is with another ultra beast (Fuh won't help bc no dealthpolca) or they manage to destroy Blessed Curse's true body by learning and getting into the reversed world tree. On that topic, the reversed world tree is also deep in the Empire (basicly same problem with the hero's shied) and they need someone who can communicate with it to know about it (again, no deathpolca).
Yeah, I believe Kudan played a key role in the Empire's fall. Arbent does say something about the Empire being destroyed from the shadows, in other words, that would imply it got infiltrated.

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
So from what i have seen there are 2 ways for the secondary girls to lose virginity: doremi or capture event(consensual vs rape) but deathpolca only has one right?

SezRaipiffar

Sep 14, 2022
guys? sorry to ask but
-they told me to gather 100 poison fangs.

i have 122 now
and all the guards are doing is either telling me to move to the arena or to talk to a guard .. (°_° ' ) huh?

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
guys? sorry to ask but
-they told me to gather 100 poison fangs.

i have 122 now
and all the guards are doing is either telling me to move to the arena or to talk to a guard .. (°_° ' ) huh?
Go to the guard at the bottom right. He will let you pass and reach the second zone

Coomer4571

Aug 19, 2017
Kudan is an optional fight in the part where Arbent regains his memory. You go back to the ruined Cathedral after you beat Bellow's apprentices. I actually missed him on the first run.
huh.... ngl kudan being here brainwashed explains a lot on how the empire fall in the bad end, we all know that

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
huh.... ngl kudan being here brainwashed explains a lot on how the empire fall in the bad end, we all know that

By the way, about KE: The boss of the additional dungeon is the Demon King, and 'King' was trying to dig to it.
Does that mean that 'King' knew it was still alive? None of the demons knew he was alive, so did 'King' learn it was there after the demon defeat? And aren't remnant/apostle supposed to know when another remnant/apostle died? This sense doesn't extend to their lord?

Vohsan

Apr 11, 2019
I remember reading somewhere that clearing the game will unlock all CGs. But it didn't happen to me

SomePerson009

Sep 28, 2021

Not only that, but Kudan himself is the Empire's strongest swordsman. Without him, the Empire had nothing but the Emperor alone to rely on. I'm also pretty sure that the combined power of the Remnants (Roby included) and Kudan would have been too much for the Emperor himself.

By the way, about KE: The boss of the additional dungeon is the Demon King, and 'King' was trying to dig to it.
Does that mean that 'King' knew it was still alive? None of the demons knew he was alive, so did 'King' learn it was there after the demon defeat? And aren't remnant/apostle supposed to know when another remnant/apostle died? This sense doesn't extend to their lord?
Oh so that's who the boss in that additional dungeon is? I'm going for NG+, sounds fun.

Chuunikyou

Nov 21, 2020
Just finished my first playthrough, never felt this emotional playing an jrpg game but theres still some uneasiness I felt since I never played it "prequel", so I want to ask the relation between Demon Roots and King Exit, like:
1. What part do the 2 kid in prologue does in King Exit? I know they are probably important to the story.
2. Are there any character relation between the two game?
3. Which ending happen before King Exit? Is our true ending non canon to the story ?

Coomer4571

Aug 19, 2017
Just finished my first playthrough, never felt this emotional playing an jrpg game but theres still some uneasiness I felt since I never played it "prequel", so I want to ask the relation between Demon Roots and King Exit, like:
1. What part do the 2 kid in prologue does in King Exit? I know they are probably important to the story.
3. Which ending happen before King Exit? Is our true ending non canon to the story ?

1.the pink haired girl is the protagonist of KE
2.there are a few minor characters that appear again KE (none of the party member appear again)
3.this is a bit tricky as both side can work as the canonical ending but from my POV it's the bad ending since it was explained in maximus castle
edit : actually no scratch that, it was the bad ending cause having kudan as a secret boss in KE won't make sense if it was the true ending

also KE happens AFTER DR, DR is the prequel

Last edited:

Chuunikyou

Nov 21, 2020
1.the pink haired girl is the protagonist of KE
2.there are a few minor characters that appear again KE (none of the party member appear again)
3.this is a bit tricky as both side can work as the canonical ending but from my POV it's the bad ending since it was explained in maximus castle
edit : actually no scratch that, it was the bad ending cause having kudan as a secret boss in KE won't make sense if it was the true ending

also KE happens AFTER DR, DR is the prequel
1 hour into the KE rn, to think the first person I meet is the Manager.. Welp thank you for replying, it's a shame to think that Demon Roots canon in King Exit's universe is the bad ending.. but KUDAN secret boss fight in KE ? damn that would be cool

Coomer4571

Aug 19, 2017
1 hour into the KE rn, to think the first person I meet is the Manager.. Welp thank you for replying, it's a shame to think that Demon Roots canon in King Exit's universe is the bad ending.. but KUDAN secret boss fight in KE ? damn that would be cool
what you mean kudan IS a secret fight in KE someone posted a screenshot of it a few post above lel

Chuunikyou

Nov 21, 2020
what you mean kudan IS a secret fight in KE someone posted a screenshot of it a few post above lel

Ohhh!! nice callback!
also after doing KE for some time, I guess The bad ending really is the canon ending. It would not make sense that the manager that were captured by the demons came back as the Warden, it's really a shame.

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
1. Pink haired one is the protagonist of King Exit. At the end of the war against the demons, she was the leader of the human suicide squad, that took down the remaining remnant.
Blond one is 'The Savior' (funnily, she has the same title in Demons Roots): a human that fought against the demons from within their territory (at the time where demons used permanent brainwashing and body possession en mass).

2. The two kids of the prologue, the manager of Doremi / leader of imperial assassins, and a few characters that were in Demons Roots as cameo (blind girl in Orphe for example).

3. King Exit happen after the ending where Deathpolca was killed back when the berseker pills were used. The post game dungeon of Demons Roots and the ending credits imply that events similar to King Exit also happened in the other timeline.

Is it canon? It's a retcon of a few elements of backstory, but the overall structure of the story work. So, we can either think of it as two timelines, or as the author retconing elements of backstory

SomePerson009

Sep 28, 2021
1. Pink haired one is the protagonist of King Exit. At the end of the war against the demons, she was the leader of the human suicide squad, that took down the remaining remnant.
Blond one is 'The Savior' (funnily, she has the same title in Demons Roots): a human that fought against the demons from within their territory (at the time where demons used permanent brainwashing and body possession en mass).

2. The two kids of the prologue, the manager of Doremi / leader of imperial assassins, and a few characters that were in Demons Roots as cameo (blind girl in Orphe for example).

3. King Exit happen after the ending where Deathpolca was killed back when the berseker pills were used. The post game dungeon of Demons Roots and the ending credits imply that events similar to King Exit also happened in the other timeline.

Is it canon? It's a retcon of a few elements of backstory, but the overall structure of the story work. So, we can either think of it as two timelines, or as the author retconing elements of backstory
Yeah that would be Remnant Roby. On a side note, It's a shame we didn't see Deathpolca interact with Roby, it's always interesting to see the other side. But seeing as how Polca loved the Remnants like family she was probably an important person to her too. Makes what happened in KE even sadder.

SomePerson009

Sep 28, 2021
Ohhh!! nice callback!
also after doing KE for some time, I guess The bad ending really is the canon ending. It would not make sense that the manager that were captured by the demons came back as the Warden, it's really a shame.
There are other minor but interesting callbacks too. Arbent fights an old friend, an Imperial Knight called Rowein, which is the same guy you fight when the Human Liberation Front invades Bohelos in DR, or the Bathouse fishman Demon being the only remaining one of his species and being a miniboss.

Chuunikyou

Nov 21, 2020
Also before I forgot to ask, are there any new content in New Game plus of the game? or maybe hidden things that are difficult to find while playing the game blind?

Some hidden things I found, I think are the Robot Boss in Aubades country, Bohelos sword... thats all really, I heard there's KR boss fight or something idk.

SomePerson009

Sep 28, 2021
Also before I forgot to ask, are there any new content in New Game plus of the game? or maybe hidden things that are difficult to find while playing the game blind?

Some hidden things I found, I think are the Robot Boss in Aubades country, Bohelos sword... thats all really, I heard there's KR boss fight or something idk.
Yes, there is a King Exit EX Dungeon in the Bohelos Estate, it can only be accessed in NG+. There's also a bonus fight against Tenka Teihei (the muscle guy all bandaged up) at some point in the normal story too from what I gathered.

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
Yeah that would be Remnant Roby. On a side note, It's a shame we didn't see Deathpolca interact with Roby, it's always interesting to see the other side. But seeing as how Polca loved the Remnants like family she was probably an important person to her too. Makes what happened in KE even sadder.

4.50 star(s) 97 Votes