TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
i think your judgeing it very harshly and somewhat unfairly.. DA is one of the few games where your choices actualy matter and will produce significant different scenes/content based on those choices. i guess the troubles in the start are simple neglect in the first build, but i never tried those choices. i did try many different choices later on though with significant different outcomes
Are you saying you'll actually have choices later? Ok I'll try again but if its still the same, I'll haunt you.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
There is obviously a semi linear plot that has to be followed but it plays out differently. To many various choices lead to a web of impossible development issues. Many choices will fold back in so it doesnt matter if you do a or b eventually they merge but still things play out slightly different.

Reactions: the66

Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
Are you saying you'll actually have choices later? Ok I'll try again but if its still the same, I'll haunt you.
I guarentee you that you will have choices and different outcomes based on those choices. there is a (good) reason why this game is so highly praised, not just by me, but by many many others.

Reactions: the66

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
This is one of those games where choices early on have an impact in the latter game, not necessarily right away. You made a negative choice with the Ex-daughter in law by saying no, so that will have an impact, if you tried to avoid sex with the clients wife, that will have consequences as well. Just because something does not give immediate consequences, does not mean your choices don't mean anything. In a story, some things just "Have" to happen, to push the plot, so even when presented with a choice, to avoid it, it will still happen. but your attempt to avoid will be recognized by the game later
I understand what you're saying but I've played games that didn't do that and find it annoying when I play a game that does do it when it doesn't have to. If that makes sense. lol
I would say which games but its probably rude to talk about other games here.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@TiffanyMonroe I try my best to make sure that each choice means something. There are no useless choices. I only have a choice option available if it can alter or help alter future events. I also try to to have wiggle room so you dont have to make every choice perfectly. At the start I had the "game over" deal and stopped doing that at version 0.3. You can die in 0.4 and 0.9 though, but the death in 0.9 is also technically an end. The game typically branches out in a couple paths in each act and merge back together. 0.9 for instance was by far the biggest update I ever did because it had 2 completely different paths for almost its entirety so it felt shorter for many people even though it was almost twice the size of a typical update.

If there were 3 or 4 branches per act the game would simple become unbuildable, especially since I do this in my spare time. So i stuck with a couple branches but also many slight variations on scenes all over the map. This makes it so I can actually make it and have fun with it instead of diving into lots of code which is not what I like to do. I'd much rather render/write/outline plot and such. Also with this method I can have key scenes that basically everyone can see that I can spend a great deal of time on, and do them justice, these can take weeks to do such as the "Nam" scene, or the loft scene scene from this latest update.

cocyutus

May 21, 2018
Awesome update. Thank you..

I have to ask, I saw in your preview before where it seems like Judy was handcuffed.. is that scene included here?

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 357, in script
Exception: Could not find return label u'_call_ch6carlileave'.

I got this help ?

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
That is an old bug way back from 0.6 that still haunts me. That was quickly patched but you played it before the patch was released back then. Im guessing this happened right after you visited that home at night in thid version? If so you still reached the end. I have discussed possible fixes for it at this point but its basically the individual save file that is messed up. The only fix you can do without fully restarting is to find a save way back before you have dinner with Carli in 0.6, you wouldnt have to cover as much ground but it's still from pretty far back.

MidgetForehead

Jun 6, 2018
Not sure why this isn't on the popular games list, think I had the most fun with this one of the handful I have downloaded since joining. Some solid work.

Reactions: rogosh
4.60 star(s) 416 Votes