JuneX

Donor
Jul 23, 2018
On the walkthrough page 13. It say under the path for Carli..If you have a whopping score of 10 with Carli and a lust score of 5 with Judy. Carli will mention something to you that may peek your interest.

I was wondering what im missing out on there because i have only score of 6 with Carli

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
These are mainly just for the names, characters were not based on them.

Stella - Street Car Named Desire
Christina - Kiss me Deadly
Hollis Marlowe - The Big Sleep
Eddie Halliday - The Big Steal
MC Default name - Maltese Falcon
Mi-do - Old boy
Sun-woo - Bittersweet Life
Matlock - Matlock lol
Judy and Kira I cant recall anymore I'm sorry.
Soon as I heard the name Stella I thought of that play been an long time since I've seen it.

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
You know what I'm wondering about? Why isn't this an emote here yet?

Would be the most used one, I guarantee it!
With and few other emotes. I don't understanwhy people don't use search function or read few pages to see what others are saying.

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understanwhy people don't use search function or read few pages to see what others are saying.
I see this come up all the time as a criticism, but the search algorithm here really isn't well suited to the kinds of searches most people will actually do... Yes, it works to a limited degree, but have you never looked at your own search results and thought 'WTF is all this shit?'

The algorithm only seems to weight for proportional relevance... So for example if you search for 'update' all the top results will be the shortest, shittiest replies: "Where is update?", "New update plz!", multiple instances of the word "update" in a sentence, that sort of thing.
The meaningful, relevant, timely replies are actually weighted against in this kind of system. Particularly with long threads it can actually be really difficult to find the information you're searching for.

And then to make matters worse there are no other sorting options on search results. I mean, unless I'm blind, there doesn't seem to be any way to change the search to display by Most Recent or Most Liked, for example, which would arguably be the most useful search methods for our purposes.

I'm not trying to get ranty or anything, but the "just search" criticism relies on the search tools actually being a good solution, and they just aren't in a lot of cases.

Your other suggestion of reading back a few pages has definitely become my go-to method for answering most of my questions. But I can understand why people don't do that as often; because it's cumbersome and they keep getting told to 'Search'. :p

Reactions: Penfold Mole

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
That's not a sorting option, it's a search constraint. It doesn't achieve what I was suggesting unless a user is specifically looking to constrain to the most recent update/s of a game.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
That's not a sorting option, it's a search constraint. It doesn't achieve what I was suggesting unless a user is specifically looking to constrain to the most recent update of a game.
You are right, it would work better than what you initially suggested.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
It's not rocket science. The word update isn't a good parameter at all. There's always room for improvement, but it's much more important to use common sense whenever someone has the need to use any search engine. There are always better ways to look for whatever you need.

Reactions: UncleVT

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
That's not a sorting option, it's a search constraint. It doesn't achieve what I was suggesting unless a user is specifically looking to constrain to the most recent update/s of a game.
There is a way! To me, it isn't intuitive but to have your search results sorted by posting date, click on your name in the top right / on the column on the left, click on Preferences / scroll down to Search Options. Boom - profit!

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
There is a way! To me, it isn't intuitive but to have your search results sorted by posting date, click on your name in the top right / on the column on the left, click on Preferences / scroll down to Search Options. Boom - profit!
Nice mate! Today I Learned...

That's actually useful enough that I wish people would explain it every time they use the "just search" argument itself. :)

Reactions: bacchusplateau

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
The algorithm only seems to weight for proportional relevance... So for example if you search for 'update' all the top results will be the shortest, shittiest replies: "Where is update?", "New update plz!", multiple instances of the word "update" in a sentence, that sort of thing.
Wrong.

I mean, unless I'm blind, there doesn't seem to be any way to change the search to display by Most Recent
By default, the search query always sort by date.

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Dang if the update is coming out the 25th or the week of the 25th two big updates that week soooo dammed hyped for the 25th now DMD and DA :heartcoveredeyes::FuckYea:

4.60 star(s) 415 Votes