1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
In a well written story (as in life) you can't control everything. But, having said that, if Philly killed Carly I would have to hire a hitman to do him in :)
True. At least I knew going into this story that it would be dark... Dreams of Desire nearly killed me when it twisted into nightmare fuel

Reactions: zahratustra

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
True. At least I knew going into this story that it would be dark... Dreams of Desire nearly killed me when it twisted into nightmare fuel
This VN story and art wise is one of the absolute best ones out there, I love erotic dark crime-thriller-noir novels, and it even has romantic moments there, almost exclusively with Carli, but even then the romantic moments are fueled with erotic tension, with pure lust and love, but with a woman like her, I'd expect nothing less and I'm not complaining at all, haha.

Another VN with beautiful art and amazing story-telling is His Legacy, the story-telling, the narrations and everything often gives me these Sin City vibes, very similar fashion and the atmosphere is constantly eerie, ominous even, like some spooky mystery around you at all times, lots of resentment, sadness and regret, just trying to move on and find something stable for yourself. And then there are the 3 main ladies, the childhood friend, Maria (Sonic) and Rose, holy crap they are beautiful. Maria certainly has that curious aura to her, you can't help but to look at her as she dances, can't take your eyes off her eyes as she looks at you, it's like she's mind-fucking you, in a good way, like holy crap. And Rose, damn, now she's one sexy and elegant woman with a very distinctive beauty, but also ruthless as hell, very cold, absolutely love that VN too.

Jun 4, 2017
He just gave us the option to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This being noir, that means we will never, ever, ever get a happy ending with her.
Ehh, I don't think so. Philly has already said there will be noir endings and happy endings; he's using the genre but not confining himself to it. Under the circumstances, it seems a happy ending with Carli should at least be possible, even if difficult.

majmaf02496

Jun 3, 2018
anyone else having problems with some of the scenes not showing. there's red text at the top left of my screen saying scene not found

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Ehh, I don't think so. Philly has already said there will be noir endings and happy endings; he's using the genre but not confining himself to it. Under the circumstances, it seems a happy ending with Carli should at least be possible, even if difficult.

I'm rather certain that happy ending with at least Carli will be guaranteed if you play the correct path with her.
And you're right that while this is a noir novel, bad endings all but guaranteed, they're just based on your decisions along the way, as it should be, and this is one of the rare VNs where your decisions DO dictate the outcome of things, one of the many reasons why this is one of my top VNs out there.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
That's a great update, the climax before the climax, since the next one will be the final release, if I remember correctly, and I expected a proper cliffhanger, but, seriously, in front of that fuckface? Damn! Anyways I enjoyed all that so much I just can't wait for the end.

Reactions: Gwinb777

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
I'm rather certain that happy ending with at least Carli will be guaranteed if you play the correct path with her.
And you're right that while this is a noir novel, bad endings all but guaranteed, they're just based on your decisions along the way, as it should be, and this is one of the rare VNs where your decisions DO dictate the outcome of things, one of the many reasons why this is one of my top VNs out there.
Can it even be a Noir with happy endings? I'm all for a sweet ending, but based on the running theme I get a disturbing suspicion that the MC will be left broken no matter what

Reactions: IndigoHawk

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Can it even be a Noir with happy endings? I'm all for a sweet ending, but based on the running theme I get a disturbing suspicion that the MC will be left broken no matter what
I'd say that a happy ending is possible, I mean, even in noir stories happy endings are not unheard of, but is usually behind extreme struggle, struggle you just barely survive, let alone you are your lover together, but it's possible, just depends on how you played your cards :p

And yeah, I absolutely love noir novels, they're so intriguing, thrilling, not knowing who you can trust, if anyone at all, friends turning up to be foes, foes turning up to be allies and that sort of thing, you can never be sure of anything and at times you can't even trust yourself, the makings of a perfect noir, added with clever plot twists and cliffhangers :p
But I too am a sucker for happy endings, otherwise the struggle was in vain, right? :p

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
I'd say that a happy ending is possible, I mean, even in noir stories happy endings are not unheard of, but is usually behind extreme struggle, struggle you just barely survive, let alone you are your lover together, but it's possible, just depends on how you played your cards :p

And yeah, I absolutely love noir novels, they're so intriguing, thrilling, not knowing who you can trust, if anyone at all, friends turning up to be foes, foes turning up to be allies and that sort of thing, you can never be sure of anything and at times you can't even trust yourself, the makings of a perfect noir, added with clever plot twists and cliffhangers :p
But I too am a sucker for happy endings, otherwise the struggle was in vain, right? :p
Not always. Some of the best endings are tragic. YES I would love to see MC walk into the sunset with Carli, but it might also be as powerful end to have them die together in a lovers embrace...

zahratustra

May 13, 2018
Another VN with beautiful art and amazing story-telling is His Legacy, the story-telling, the narrations and everything often gives me these Sin City vibes, very similar fashion and the atmosphere is constantly eerie, ominous even, like some spooky mystery around you at all times, lots of resentment, sadness and regret, just trying to move on and find something stable for yourself. And then there are the 3 main ladies, the childhood friend, Maria (Sonic) and Rose, holy crap they are beautiful. Maria certainly has that curious aura to her, you can't help but to look at her as she dances, can't take your eyes off her eyes as she looks at you, it's like she's mind-fucking you, in a good way, like holy crap. And Rose, damn, now she's one sexy and elegant woman with a very distinctive beauty, but also ruthless as hell, very cold, absolutely love that VN too.
I've only seen chapter 2 of His Legacy. It looked good but why would I want to play a game with just a single chapter? It just wets your appetite and nothing more. AND it looks like abandonware to me. I don't expect to see chapter 3 at al.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Is there a download for the graphics so that I can see what the paths I didn't pick lead to?
I don't want to peruse through this thread since I believe there will be spoilers and I like the story with all the tragic surprises...

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I've only seen chapter 2 of His Legacy. It looked good but why would I want to play a game with just a single chapter? It just wets your appetite and nothing more. AND it looks like abandonware to me. I don't expect to see chapter 3 at al.
No the dev is working on the project still, but he's doing it as a hobby. In the past, if I recall correctly, he suffered a pretty severe burnout of some sort, depression or something, in part for letting people dictate his game rather than staying true to himself and whatnot, think that's why he abandoned Ethan's Legacy in the past. But he's definitely working on His Legacy, just at a slower pace.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
referring to your last sentence in your spoiler i highly doubt that would happen i would love to just have her as a fuck doll without getting that god awful bad ending last time that happen

on a side note i was hoping to end up with christina but i guess ill stick with saying i love you to carli since shes my second favorite girl in this game

whats funny i think @Philly_Games is a fan of daredevil since the kingpin is named mattdock
Yeah I have my doubt that what I said will be one possible end, I do think Dragon is beyond redemption and "repair", but a man can always hope, right? :p

Christina is a cool chick, but Carli is my main girl, always has been, there's just something about her, well generally there's just something about mature older women that's far more sexier and elegant as opposed to teen girls or women in their early 20s, mature women know what they want and they go after it, that sexy confidence that they have and not in a self assured egotistic manner either. Carli is sensual, erotic, beautiful, sexy with a body to die for and a pure heart, just the way she looks at you can make a man's knees feel weak. That's Carli, that's Linda in Milfy City and so many other "older" women :p

Dare Devil is cool, it's just that the movie kinda sucked, well I guess it wasn't bad per say, but it definitely could've been better, it kind of failed to capture what and who Dare Devil really is, all it gave was a small glimpse of his past, which motives and drives him, and then comes the fight against the bad guys and all goes forward way too fast, but the story, the real story itself is a good one.

4.60 star(s) 415 Votes