RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
FFS i have to replay the whole game because the useless walkthrough didn't say i need lust,lust and only lust to progress Judy.....so stupid :mad:
That's usually how VN's work, keep in mind that focusing on lust might get you a bonus now but cost you the girl later, never know what the author has planned.

That being said, you can hold down ctrl and skip through the whole game in a couple of minutes, so hardly a big issue.

#NomeD

Apr 30, 2017
Just saw this game, going to download it and judging from some of the views here it looks promising, thanks to keep up the good work.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Hey guys, . There may be things in it that you didn't see on your first go.
@Sam NICE I love to hear that.
Minor suggestion; I think it would be a good idea to have a new banner on Patreon (which we could also use here). I had seen your game on F95 and visited your Patreon previously, but I think the reason why I glossed over your game was the splash image didn't grab me, although it's a good render, it's also generic, uninteresting and doesn't 'sell' your game.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Minor suggestion; I think it would be a good idea to have a new banner on Patreon (which we could also use here). I had seen your game on F95 and visited your Patreon previously, but I think the reason why I glossed over your game was the splash image didn't grab me, although it's a good render, it's also generic, uninteresting and doesn't 'sell' your game.
The menu image is really good imo.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Lots of things to address, sorry just got back from work.

@Sam Yeah a new header image is not a bad idea, the current one is a really old render. One of my first ones actually. I like the wide shot still.

@HARiBON A replay theatre would be cool. I am not sure how I would go about that yet on the coding side of things though. I will take a stab at it in 0.6 or 0.7 but I can not promise anything. I can only promise I will look into it.

@wep thanks for the interest as well. I'm glad i filled a niche that was lacking. I know the story is super cliche from a noir standpoint but in this genre I think that's ok :p

@TechCarmin My walkthroughs are terrible, I know! I'm sorry, forgive me please!

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
Just playing through the 1st scene and I just can't resist the jokes... x'Dx'Dx'D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry, this was just too hilarious to pass but at least I've got a great start now. ;)

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@Barioz if you are nice to her and get a good score, you will get hit with more mentions of whatever weird name you picked :p Could be entertaining.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
@Barioz if you are nice to her and get a good score, you will get hit with more mentions of whatever weird name you picked :p Could be entertaining.
Well, since money and hookers are involved I play as Charlie Harper, so no need for other weird names... :biggrin:

(But imagining 'Let me grind faster for you Potato' makes me laugh though x'D )

plop974

Jul 25, 2017
A replay theatre would be cool. I am not sure how I would go about that yet on the coding side of things though. I will take a stab at it in 0.6 or 0.7 but I can not promise anything. I can only promise I will look into it.
I often look inside the *rpy files to play and every developer has his/her own way of doing things.
Some only use jumps to go from labels to labels, other use jumps and calls.
For what I understood calls allow you to go to the label until its "return" statement.
So my guess is it could work that way. Calling every sex scene instead of jumping to them.
This way you can call them in the game or in a gallery and the return statement would allow you to go back either way.
I'm not a python/renpy developer. Just a thought.

Nice game, nice update, keep up the work and thank you.

EDIT : if the scene has variation, in the gallery you could back up the variables, call the scene and restore them afterwards. The achievements flags would go in the persistent save file.

Last edited:

constantine

Jul 1, 2017
Update didn't disappoint. I was kinda glad it didn't go much further with Judy. I prefer her to be alert and full of energy when it happens. I do wish my MC's name showed up on the office door instead of "M.K. Rivers." It breaks the immersion a bit. I know it's not possible, so I'll just have to ignore it. The new girl introduced in the update seems interesting. I'm eager to get to know her better. I know she can sing, but I'm sure she has other talents as well.

Turk1955

Sep 18, 2017
Holy heck, this game is great. The story, the renders, the music. Really good stuff.

That said, I'm getting an exception when I try to tell the truth to Carli regarding Stella. Here's the traceback
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chapter5/scene5-office2.rpy", line 97, in script
  File "game/chapter5/scene5-office2.rpy", line 97, in <module>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/chapter5/scene5-office2.rpy", line 97, in script
  File "/home/user/Downloads/DepravedAwakening-0.5-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/home/user/Downloads/DepravedAwakening-0.5-pc/renpy/python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/chapter5/scene5-office2.rpy", line 97, in <module>
  File "/home/user/Downloads/DepravedAwakening-0.5-pc/renpy/python.py", line 618, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Linux-4.14.7-1-ARCH-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Depraved Awakening 0.5
I'm also getting an exception when trying to "Grab a feel".
Also, when you meet Eddy at the bar, one of the options is "It's to late for that" (typo)

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@Turk1955 Uploading a new version now. This looks like it happened if you did not have a date with Carli. I tested that path and it worked fine, but maybe it depends on your OS, not sure. In any case I just did a check to make sure the item that needs to be removed exists if it does toast it. Also fixed the typo in the menu item. Thanks.

@constantine I was like nah, nobody will notice that name there. It's fine! lol.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
@Philly_Games I'am truly impressed by your game. When it comes to a story yours and DoD are the top notch games (imo). Best part is that your art/renders are also very good AND your characters are interesting. It happens rarely to me to see all of these points on such a good level in one game.

And I am pretty sure if you keep your tremendous quality you will get a lot of success sooner rather than later. Because you deserve and earned it.

Just a minor thing which drew my attention. Sometimes when you try to make a person look upwards the eyes are slighty too much out of position so it looks a bit like she is fainting. Like in this picture:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But as I said that's just a minor thing and not really of much importance. I'm really looking forward how you progress and I wish you all the best and success.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Wow thank you @Barioz my goal is to try to make things better and better as it goes. I am still learning as I do this. Right now, my only worry is getting something good and complete in January since I will lose a week due to the holidays. Going away to see family. I won't be able to do renders during that time but I will be able to lay down a ground work for the next couple updates.

Noted: no more fainting women. Well unless they faint.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
Wow thank you @Barioz my goal is to try to make things better and better as it goes. I am still learning as I do this. Right now, my only worry is getting something good and complete in January since I will lose a week due to the holidays. Going away to see family. I won't be able to do renders during that time but I will be able to lay down a ground work for the next couple updates.

Noted: no more fainting women. Well unless they faint.
Well, sure we all never stop learning and try to get better but you already are on a very good level. That means your good work will only get even better. Plus you chose not to do something we see around here on a nearly daily basis (incest) but a fresh, unused scenario. That earns you even more credit with me because I'm not a fan of ppl who just try to (ab)use the same ol' stuff to make some fast money instead of using creativity and search for their own niche.

And try to see your holidays not as a worry. See it as a welcomed opportunity to relax, get your mind free, enjoy some quality time with your family and use it as a chance to think about ideas without being in a hurry. Nobody will judge you (at least noone with common sense) for spending the holidays not in front of your PC to render and stuff. Just be transparent and ppl will understand. :)

Reactions: Philly_Games
4.60 star(s) 416 Votes