Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
the writing, the romance, the action. character and plot. depravety and bdsm. pets and lovers. wtf how did u compute this balance. fking equilibrium of sex, emotions, thoughts and reactions.
Common sense in effect. Experience? Natural talent for sure. Some luck? I actually don't care much about the reasons though he really should teach it to other Devs. That would do a ton of good for us and the whole genre in more than one way. Maybe, just maybe, this will happen indirectly anyway and Philly's work could serve as both template and inspiration. I feel like the latter would be the best.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

quietkiller

Oct 18, 2018
i dont think i can agree with u there on the first part. i mean i am amazed how the intricacies of a genre like noir is exemplified here. and altho it may seem easy to replicate most noir features, as a fan i can say combining everything into a whole is pretty hard to do.
yea it may be luck. but it scream culture and depth to me.
but yea i agree with most of the second part of ur reply there. although i know quite a few very talented devs and writers here. font wanna discredit them.

its like i said. u have to dig deep and evebtualy gold will spurt out

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@quietkiller so I take it you enjoyed it lol. But yeah, the game has always flown under the radar. Be it the rough and kind of slow start, or the fact its a genre many see and avoid which I feel is unfortunate since the noir setting is perfect to have heavy erotism. I wanted to do something very different in the VN space. So no slice of life type deal since that doesn't really interest me.

As for helping other devs as @Ennoch was saying I typically will check out a game here and there and if I like what I see, the potential is there, and the dev is nice and has a good work ethic I will try to help them out as best as I can. Be it monetarily, tips, or both. Did this with Pink, @veqvil , @HopesGaming , @stoper and many others.

A guy who I met around 5th or 6th version basically taught me a ton of stuff. I asked him why he was helping me. He said he saw the potential and wanted to see it realized. He also wanted to see more original games that pushed the boundaries to try and lift the entire ship of what we do. I owe a lot to that guy and continue in the same manner he did with other new devs.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Under the radar, what are you talking about, this is the prime example for best adult VN everywhere. You are just modest (keep being so:relievedface:) but i don't have to be. This is THE best VN. For me at least. Obviously others have their own opinion but every single time, in every single thread, when comparisons are made examples are being cited its DA, AL, DoD that being mentioned. Always. Some don't prefer DoD because incest, mind control. Some don't prefer AL of recent turn of events. But never heard DA being criticized when being mentioned and its in every list that deals with VNs.

Man, your title is THE title everyone compares VNs nowdays. Its the exemplar VN. If something is wrong, this is the one that is brought up how it can be done right. It has been this way since late winter, early spring at least.

Okay, well, i sometimes criticise it because of the Dragon and that you called her "some random NPC" at one point :':)winkytongue:

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Lol thanks, i more of mean many people don't even know about the game. Active people on the board, sure. But people just browsing very rarely see it since this thread has never been that active. Like I am about to hit 200 pages but that is after 15 months :p

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Lol thanks, i more of mean many people don't even know about the game. Active people on the board, sure. But people just browsing very rarely see it since this thread has never been that active. Like I am about to hit 200 pages but that is after 15 months :p
Not to mention you also don't make a whole bunch of small updates, so you're not as present in Latest updates as some other games...

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
What a cute idealist you are :) You wish to see another +800 pages of 'walkthrough? save plz! android..? cant click on android plz help! fullsave need! incest patch where, not working! need walktru!'. You are just jelous of the artistic level of angry rants and memes this induces, the laughs and giggles over it. I understand :relievedface:

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
how many ending is planned?
Hope there's a corruption ending where you take over... with sexy results! :)
It's noir, if the protagonist is very lucky, it might be a Raymond Chandleresque ending where Phillip Marlowe figures out the crime, the bad guys get their comeuppance, and some dame gets to go off into the sunset better off. But he is still alone, bruised up, betrayed by at least one person, drinking too much, sorta scraping by, and just waiting for the next case to come in through the door.

My money is still on something along the lines of my prediction a while ago in this post though LOL:

quietkiller

Oct 18, 2018
ha ha yea. actualy the dragon is the cherry on top of the whole noir ideea u put in imo. altho u may have missed on a proper soundtrack to her screening hihi (hey who am i in the end if not another complaining user lol)
anyway i also pay respect when its due and i hope u keep ur word to urself when developing and stick to ur own plan. devs helping each other means a healthy environment in which u get proper criticism, avoiding getting engulfed by the swarming of DoD, AL etc comparisons. i do not even get how ppl are comparing stuff like this. its like hey "chihuaha is a dog and doberman is a dog" and this leads to a discussion on "hey chihuahas are louder so they are better protecting my family", if u get my point.

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
LOL oh, trust me I like my thread just how it is. It's like my discord, somewhat active but nice and relaxed.
That's actually true. We don't want this thread to get overcrowded and people to harass the dev like what happened to Doc Pink in the AL thread. We wouldn't want philly to leave too, right?
On completely unrelated topic, (because I'm gonna miss your writing style and DA) how long do you think the time duration will be between the final version of DA and the first version of your new game?

Jun 4, 2017
I will note, though, the signatures-to-posts ratio has to be as high as that of any game on this site. That's the reason I finally checked it out despite the title (given the bulk of the stuff posted around here, the title gave me a wildly mistaken idea of what the game was like), because I finally decided all those sigs couldn't be that wrong.

As a side note, I wish we could put more than three games in our signature. I already had three and don't want to dump any, but I wish I could add this one (and maybe one more).

gralthan

May 21, 2017
@Philly_Games I don't know if you're still interested in the feedback, but since I've started writing this I might as well finish. What caught my attention to DA was mainly the atmosphere, and (I might be in the minority here) the music. What kept me playing however, was not that much different from what all the others have said already, which is the story, and IMO the best written characters you can find on this darn site. I must say that I wasn't really a huge fan of the renders at the beginning, really happy to see you improve in that field.
But what i mainly wanted to say, If you'd tone down the dirtiness of the sex scenes, or perhaps made a separate "censored" version, I suspect you could successfully advertise your game on other platforms like steam and acquire more "vanilla" fanbase, and that's because the game has much more to offer than the sex it contains.

Reactions: yaxir

yaxir

Nov 3, 2017
@quietkiller so I take it you enjoyed it lol. But yeah, the game has always flown under the radar. Be it the rough and kind of slow start, or the fact its a genre many see and avoid which I feel is unfortunate since the noir setting is perfect to have heavy erotism. I wanted to do something very different in the VN space. So no slice of life type deal since that doesn't really interest me.

As for helping other devs as @Ennoch was saying I typically will check out a game here and there and if I like what I see, the potential is there, and the dev is nice and has a good work ethic I will try to help them out as best as I can. Be it monetarily, tips, or both. Did this with Pink, @veqvil , @HopesGaming , @stoper and many others.

A guy who I met around 5th or 6th version basically taught me a ton of stuff. I asked him why he was helping me. He said he saw the potential and wanted to see it realized. He also wanted to see more original games that pushed the boundaries to try and lift the entire ship of what we do. I owe a lot to that guy and continue in the same manner he did with other new devs.
@Philly_Games i have nothing but MAD RESPECT for you bro !

not only are you creating unique (and sexy) experiences for us, but you're helping other devs in the same field !

i can't help but appreciate the person who helped you, who inspired you to keep this up !

man this game is awesome and i can't wait to download and play the final version.

you're an awesome dev and more importantly, an EVER AWESOMER person !

please keep up the good work and make this game to completion ! just like the guy who helped ya, we would also LOVE to see your vision realized and in full effect !

All the love !

P.S : do you have a discord i can join ?

Reactions: Philly_Games

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Fans make patches for games all the time. When someone wants to do that, they usually post in the thread (I believe there's something out there already).

For my money (yes, not just an expression), I prefer Philly concentrate on bringing it home in full style and not be distracted by any side issues, patches or alternate formats.

I applaud the passion and eagerness of everyone who enjoys this game. I know Philly labors over it with care and love. I think we'd all agree that it shows.

4.60 star(s) 416 Votes