cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
don't mess with perfection.

yes there are always things to improve/change but that's neverending swamp. better to make new games than remake old games.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Some thoughts in the category "a boy can dream, can't he".
If Philly took a decision to remake and overhaul DA like Lewdlab with their Dreams of Desire, which revisions and story supplements would you like to see and why?

My two cents:

#1. Stella's fate

What to do: Introduce multiple endings for her.
Reason: No comments :cry:

#2 Dragon

What to do: Give her more screen time.
Reason: The character went underused in spite of her importance in the story.

#3 Lynn

Reason: The character went totally underused even though she plays a major role in Hollis' arc who is a major character for the story.

#4 Matlock, Patrick & Evil pharma corp behind the Awakenings

What to do: Provide more background, more insight of their objectives and internal codes, give us more interactions with them.
Reason: It stayed unclear: who they were, where they came from, what they wanted in the end, what their motivation was. Also I wish we had more encounters and interactions with both Matlock and Patrick.

WARNING: Spoiler alert!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
#5 Dizzy aphrodisiac potion
What to do: Give more episodes that will revolve around this drug, provide more insight of the evil corp's intentions in regard to this.
Reason: This sort of overpowering weapon went underused and unexplored throughout the story.

#6 Kira
What to do: Disclose her fate within the good endings and provide more background on her.
Reason: Her fate stayed undisclosed, her real rank in the awakenings hierarchy and her personal vision, which deviates from the awakenings' "values", are shrouded in darkness, whereas she is not the least story driver in Jake's adventures.

#7 Good endings aftermath
What to do: Give more meaningful scenes besides the lewd ones.
Reason: Just to enrich the endings and make them more satisfying from the story standpoint.
Only one I'm going to comment on is #7 because I wanted to see a lot more of the ending with Carli & the MC rather than just the closing office scene and them talking about a new case. I never saw any of the other endings with the other girls, but I would think they're somewhat similar in length?

But yes my friend you make a lot of good points concerning the other topics, all of which I agree with.

I surely do hope CoBD's endings are much more fleshed out and longer in length (especially my beloved Katie's ending with the MC)

• Red Heart
Reactions: beef-devourer

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
Only one I'm going to comment on is #7 because I wanted to see a lot more of the ending with Carli & the MC rather than just the closing office scene and them talking about a new case. I never saw any of the other endings with the other girls, but I would think they're somewhat similar in length?
Leastwise, we have that render with pregnant Carli and it is canon. The other girls cannot brag about anything similar to this.

By the way I found a visual novels database and there is an entry on Depraved Awakening, surprisingly, it even consists of some meaningful information like on fandom wikia sites, to see more just click "spoil me!":

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Leastwise, we have that render with pregnant Carli and it is canon. The other girls cannot brag about anything similar to this.

By the way I found a visual novels database and there is an entry on Depraved Awakening, surprisingly, it even consists of some meaningful information like on fandom wikia sites, to see more just click "spoil me!":

I took a look at this yesterday as hurricane/tropical storm Elsa was beating the hell out of my area. I saw some things I didn't expect in the "spoil me" section, but most of it I knew. Only a few things surprised me was about the "heroines" tags.

Good find though. Checked out a few things while I was there. Bookmarked the site

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
I took a look at this yesterday as hurricane/tropical storm Elsa was beating the hell out of my area. I saw some things I didn't expect in the "spoil me" section, but most of it I knew. Only a few things surprised me was about the "heroines" tags.

Good find though. Checked out a few things while I was there. Bookmarked the site
You see Mark, following my links is getting unsafe. At first, Chad Diamond's meme, now surprising things about DA, what's next :HideThePain:

To me both DA and CoBD deserve their own wikia a/k/a the Philly Games wikia. By the way, that database by my link even correctly points out the protagonist's name - Jake Spade.

Yet each story needs its own front cover, just like mainstream games, and visual novels are no exceptions. Christina's book front cover with Carli standing in the heavy rain is a suitable candidate to me :unsure:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Yeah your links are neat little adventures I have to say :LOL:

I agree with the wikia statement, especially concerning CoBD and how much of a terrific game it is. So much happens in that game and you have many side characters and different-type LIs. I would definitely support a pure Philly wikia

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Some thoughts in the category "a boy can dream, can't he".
If Philly took a decision to remake and overhaul DA like Lewdlab with their Dreams of Desire, which revisions and story supplements would you like to see and why?

My two cents:

#1. Stella's fate

What to do: Introduce multiple endings for her.
Reason: No comments :cry:

#2 Dragon

Reason: The character went underused in spite of her importance in the story.

#3 Lynn

Reason: The character went totally underused even though she plays a major role in Hollis' arc who is a major character for the story.

#4 Matlock, Patrick & Evil pharma corp behind the Awakenings

What to do: Provide more background, more insight of their objectives and internal codes, give us more interactions with them.
Reason: It stayed unclear: who they were, where they came from, what they wanted in the end, what their motivation was. Also I wish we had more encounters and interactions with both Matlock and Patrick.

WARNING: Spoiler alert!
#5 Dizzy aphrodisiac potion
What to do: Give more episodes that will revolve around this drug, provide more insight of the evil corp's intentions in regard to this.
Reason: This sort of overpowering weapon went underused and unexplored throughout the story.

#6 Kira
What to do: Disclose her fate within the good endings and provide more background on her.
Reason: Her fate stayed undisclosed, her real rank in the awakenings hierarchy and her personal vision, which deviates from the awakenings' "values", are shrouded in darkness, whereas she is not the least story driver in Jake's adventures.

#7 Good endings aftermath
What to do: Give more meaningful scenes besides the lewd ones.
Reason: Just to enrich the endings and make them more satisfying from the story standpoint.
Nice dream revisions & additions ideas. All of them. I don't see them as "changing" anything from present story, just adding more onto the story and adding alternate outcomes. Which is the beauty of Visual Novel Games (Video Games in general too) tell a story with a core plot and have alternate subplot outcomes & endings. Which you couldn't really do in books, movies, TV series.

For me, i'd expand on the multiple endings & subplot part with extra romance relationship subplots. My dream outcome is that i always imagined an official harem polyamorous-type relationship between MC (Jake) and the ladies all sharing him. For the most part it was no secret that MC was mingling with multiple women with most of them being aware of it. You had Judy & Christina who basically became a package deal and Carly & Stella (yes she'd survive in my vision), them paired off together with MC. Ladies like Mi-do would be open to it with MC either away or mixing it up with the other girls (playing with the dom/sub act) and Lynn (while expanding on her story) i can see both having her own time with MC and mixing it up again with Christina (plus Judy). Sure maybe have a certain hierarchy between the ladies.
Also, again Stella would survive (just a scare moment like with Judy), as i always though it sucked that Stella stats are still shown even after the unfortunate event. Some people might not agree my idea, but that's the whole point of having multiple story path & endings, get a little bit of everything.

It's my two cents and dream vision on it.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
This female reporter at the very end of DA is definitely an easter egg reference to "Jessica O'Neil's Hard News". I wish there were similar references in CoBD.

My dream outcome is that i always imagined an official harem polyamorous-type relationship between MC (Jake) and the ladies all sharing him.
I think the bonus foursome scene with Carli Judy and Christina may be characterized as a polyamorous-type relationship ending or something closest.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
This female reporter at the very end of DA is definitely an easter egg reference to "Jessica O'Neil's Hard News". I wish there were similar references in CoBD.

I think the bonus foursome scene with Carli Judy and Christina may be characterized as a polyamorous-type relationship ending or something closest.
Never saw that scene, never want to. Only saw Carli/Stella/MC once and that was in the very very beginning of me playing it. Even with the gallery unlocker, I still haven't watched it.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017

WTF?
Was the MC's family name Spade, Eddy's name Halliday, and Hollis's Marlowe??? :LUL:
If that's really the case, I can't forgive myself for failing to notice that before. Other detective story fans like myself will get what I mean.

beef-devourer

Dec 5, 2020
Damn, I adore Philly's sense of humor in DA. Even if it won't make you laugh your booty off, it certainly brings out a smile.

Mark Takagi in continuation of our chat in another thread: considering Kira's expertise in SPA, her advice seems to be a worthwhile anti-stress solution :p
Who wouldn't want to undergo this SPA procedure :HideThePain:

WARNING! Minor spoilers alert

Kira's expert competence in SPA

Lynn lectures her hapless brother about friends.

Who can tell me all the easter eggs in the game, please. :unsure:
I found three easter eggs:

1. Chapter #1. Roasting incest games during a talk with Hollis: Jake mocks Hollis for his attempt to grope his own sister.
  2. Chapter #9. Roasting "Big Brother" during the Dragon getaway scene in a store.
  3. Chapter #12. At the very end Judy hands over the evidence to a reporter who looks like the protagonist of "Jessica O'Neil's Hard News".

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Damn, I adore Philly's sense of humor in DA. Even if it won't make you laugh your booty off, it certainly brings out a smile.

Mark Takagi in continuation of our chat in another thread: considering Kira's expertise in SPA, her advice seems to be a worthwhile anti-stress solution :p

1. Chapter #1. Roasting incest games during a talk with Hollis: Jake mocks Hollis for his attempt to grope his own sister.
  2. Chapter #9. Roasting "Big Brother" during the Dragon getaway scene in a store.
  3. Chapter #12. At the very end Judy hands over the evidence to a reporter who looks like the protagonist of "Jessica O'Neil's Hard News".
Definitely not scenes and dialogue I've seen before. No biggie. But thanks for the insight :LOL:

• Haha

Jackpot_LiAng

Apr 29, 2021

Thank you,bro(y)

4.60 star(s) 415 Votes