Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Really enjoyed playing this game, great mix of action and storyline. Is there a reason its not in the popular games section? It really should be.
Yes there is. That section is based on number of views the thread received. Check the numbers and you'll understand.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Like the preview photo of Christina. Curious what the scene of it will be about.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I admit i mostly imagine him as Humpry Bogart as i always do with these type of Art Noir -esque main characters. Maybe i should switch to John Constantine. Not the movie one, the original punkrocker dyed blonde haired one.

Mar 1, 2018
I admit i mostly imagine him as Humpry Bogart as i always do with these type of Art Noir -esque main characters. Maybe i should switch to John Constantine. Not the movie one, the original punkrocker dyed blonde haired one.
So, a TV show one with Matt Ryan, nice :)

Reactions: Ennoch

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Yes there is. That section is based on number of views the thread received. Check the numbers and you'll understand.
Is it just thread views? Because with a lot of shit-posting that could be quite easy manipulated (or just get a heated NTR discussion going in a thread) Would it be possible to get the number and score of reviews taken into account? And then there is the time factor as well, at this time the Big Brother subsection is there more like a shrine, since it is abandoned (although the fanart thread is keeping it alive and somewhat interesting)
Who do we talk to about this?

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Is it just thread views? Because with a lot of shit-posting that could be quite easy manipulated (or just get a heated NTR discussion going in a thread) Would it be possible to get the number and score of reviews taken into account? And then there is the time factor as well, at this time the Big Brother subsection is there more like a shrine, since it is abandoned (although the fanart thread is keeping it alive and somewhat interesting)
If you sort games by the number of views or the number of replies you will find that the most popular games aren't in the "Popular Games" list. However, if you manually compare those numbers to the "Popular Games" list, the "Popular Games" are more viewed and more replied over time. I have no idea why that is.

A few examples:
Dreams of Desire (4.8m views, 14k replies)
Teachers Pets(3.6m views, 9k replies)
Big Brother (3.1m views, 16k replies)
Dual Family (2.0m views, 5k replies)
Depraved Awakening (0.6m views, 1543 replies)

Of course, being on the "Popular Games" list should increase the number of views, even if the game itself was abandoned/indefinitely onhold/rebooted as a pale imitation of itself using the same name/etc.

Reactions: Draakaap23

Deleted member 216027

Sep 24, 2017
definitely not because Dual Family is with 2 million views like Son of a bitch, Dreaming of Dana and Super Powered but Dual Family didn't join the popular games so the number of views is not the only factor that decides if a game joins or not

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
If you sort games by the number of views or the number of replies you will find that the most popular games aren't in the "Popular Games" list. However, if you manually compare those numbers to the "Popular Games" list, the "Popular Games" are more viewed and more replied over time. I have no idea why that is.

A few examples:
Dreams of Desire (4.8m views, 14k replies)
Teachers Pets(3.6m views, 9k replies)
Big Brother (3.1m views, 16k replies)
Dual Family (2.0m views, 5k replies)
Depraved Awakening (0.6m views, 1543 replies)

Of course, being on the "Popular Games" list should increase the number of views, even if the game itself was abandoned/indefinitely onhold/rebooted as a pale imitation of itself using the same name/etc.
I don`t understand your first sentence "If you sort games by the number of views or the number of replies you will find that the most popular games aren't in the "Popular Games" list"?? Most Popular Games list ranks games by most posts recived. E.g. Dual Family aint there,because it has "only" about 4800 posts and as i sais before and the "last" game in that list is Dreaming of Dana and it`s 6000 posts.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
I don`t understand your first sentence "If you sort games by the number of views or the number of replies you will find that the most popular games aren't in the "Popular Games" list"?? Most Popular Games list ranks games by most posts recived. E.g. Dual Family aint there,because it has "only" about 4800 posts and as i sais before and the "last" game in that list is Dreaming of Dana and it`s 6000 posts.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
So, what is that link ?? It shows 11 games, witch are in Most Popular Games list. If you read that "big" list under the MPG list, it`s just a list of games, NOT the MPG list. That list aint in any order what so ever. If you doubt me, go at the main paige and find Games/Popular Games (blue colour). There are 11 games in that list. Imo that "big" contains every game witch are here in forum , most popular games list aint 112 pages long.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
So, what is that link ?? It shows 11 games, witch are in Most Popular Games list. If you read that "big" list under the MPG list, it`s just a list of games, NOT the MPG list. That list aint in any order what so ever. If you doubt me, go at the main paige and find Games/Popular Games (blue colour). There are 11 games in that list. Imo that "big" contains every game witch are here in forum , most popular games list aint 112 pages long.
That list is in order by views, descending. It seems to include every thread not found in the "Popular Games" list.
I assumed you could tell by the " " in the URL, or by the arrow next to Views, or even by looking at the number of views per thread and noticing that they get smaller as you scroll down. Note that you can click on the Title, Start Date, Replies, Views, or Last Message to order that 112 page list by the corresponding column header.

Anyway, looks like Ennoch found a better thread for this discussion.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I'll have a better idea on release probably first week of april. But it will be in May.

4.60 star(s) 415 Votes