Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
I do. they just choose which one gets the content
I know you do the writing. but if they decide who the content will be in the next update. Then actually they are directing your story. You should already know in your head where the next update was going. Follow what Icstor has decided to do. Let them choose things like clothes or refinements. You write your story. The people seem to like your writing.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I know you do the writing. but if they decide who the content will be in the next update. Then actually they are directing your story. You should already know in your head where the next update was going. Follow what Icstor has decided to do. Let them choose things like clothes or refinements. You write your story. The people seem to like your writing.
Basically every game i saw doing the polls-thing is either dying or already died...not sure for Summertime Saga, but i lost interest in that game a long time ago(still successful...but last time i played that game, i almost fallen asleep...because it was plain boring)

Reactions: Q Who

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Basically every game i saw doing the polls-thing is either dying or already died...not sure for Summertime Saga, but i lost interest in that game a long time ago(still successful...but last time i played that game, i almost fallen asleep...because it was plain boring)
I learned about Patreon from someone who followed it. Summertime saga has no perks or early release. He just puts it out there for free. He has a lot of $1 patrons and does not rely on big-money donors. He messed that game up and has actually removed content with the last revamp. I think this developer is a good writer and should trust his instincts. But it is not my game to say. I think you and I agree that polls ruin a story line.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
I learned about Patreon from someone who followed it. Summertime saga has no perks or early release. He just puts it out there for free. He has a lot of $1 patrons and does not rely on big-money donors. He messed that game up and has actually removed content with the last revamp. I think this developer is a good writer and should trust his instincts. But it is not my game to say. I think you and I agree that polls ruin a story line.
It's a different game. I designed my game since open-world to allow characters to be updated in any order. Roleplaying as a devl who communicates with patreons, takes their suggestions makes me feel like its more of our game than my game, and is part of the fun.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, we agree on that: Polls, usually ruin a story line or spread the content on too much characters...

in summoner runes after two releases...that dev just disappeared after deciding to bring up some polls...there is barely content in his game...barely a blowjob scene(if i remember) and he istantly went for the polls before disappearing...

Reactions: Red Sand

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
It's a different game. I designed my game since open-world to allow characters to be updated in any order. Roleplaying as a devl who communicates with patreons, takes their suggestions makes me feel like its more of our game than my game, and is part of the fun.
Having fun writing it is a huge deal. If this works for you that's great. As a general rule from a players perspective. It does not seem to be positive. However, if you feed off of the interaction. Then it is a different matter. You know yourself and are the best judge. I can only use history as a guide.

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
Having fun writing it is a huge deal. If this works for you that's great. As a general rule from a players perspective. It does not seem to be positive. However, if you feed off of the interaction. Then it is a different matter. You know yourself and are the best judge. I can only use history as a guide.
Polls are also one way to involve them in the process. Among our arsenal, devs can only offer polls and early releases as benefits which are intrinsic to the game. Early release is weakened due to leaking so it makes polls quite important. I don't know what your impression of MY polling system is, but all it is is a vote for clothing options, and a few of the main characters I put up for voting. I only put up characters that have not been updated recently. So in theory polling to me seems like a good idea, but I'm open to discussion.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Polls are also one way to involve them in the process. Among our arsenal, devs can only offer polls and early releases as benefits which are intrinsic to the game. Early release is weakened due to leaking so it makes polls quite important. I don't know what your impression of MY polling system is, but all it is is a vote for clothing options, and a few of the main characters I put up for voting. I only put up characters that have not been updated recently. So in theory polling to me seems like a good idea, but I'm open to discussion.
Your polls are actually the good kind of polls...the non-toxic ones ^^

ice2019

Aug 5, 2019
Same problem here
select sleep until next day and the game crashes.
ok so there are two versions?
what version did they use in the mega link on page 66 ;)?

i guess you need to type in the correct numbers at the start right ?
red numbers means crash
smart move btw..then only the patreons knows what numbers you should put in to get it to work :)

Last edited:

ice2019

Aug 5, 2019
so how much should you add or subtract from the numbers at start to get it to work?

you say it yourself at the splash screen.. leave feedback at F95
well here we are but we cant give you any feedback if we cant play the game ;)

but ok i can get you feedback right now: the game crashes

Last edited:

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
so how much should you add or subtract from the numbers at start to get it to work?

you say it yourself at the splash screen.. leave feedback at F95
well here we are but we cant give you any feedback if we cant play the game ;)

but ok i can get you feedback right now: the game crashes
Please wait until the game is out of beta if you are not a beta tester! Beta testers can give feedback on patreon or discord.

Reactions: balvenie1401
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes