danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
Those measures do not seem to have covered Kaira lol (seriously one of Key characters of importance storywise to MC having three scenes and two of them in prologue) the content varies so much between each girl already its clear your measures are failing. In a sandbox game you need to keep your timelines concurrent which means you need to balance the content. You have a sponsors non storyline character with more content than most your storyline characters....you have a barmaid that supposedly broke off relationship because going away still working in bar two weeks later. You can't have a few days go by for one character while weeks go by for another and expect story to hold together. This i why when telling a story regardless if novel, game or movie you need a timeline tree covering every characters arc. Its so much harder with a game which just makes it more important to have it planned out and allow for variations as arcs intertwine at different points. You have a Nicole and Kaira intersection coming up, are you planning on having that while Nicole already deep in relationship yet his own sister has only seen him once in that same time?

I like your concept and your storytelling but you need to take more control now before the timeline disparities and side content unravel the story you trying to tell. I know journey is important but you still need to have destination in sight and plan on how you getting there with every single character.
In terms of renders and lines, kaira by far out-dwarves the patreon commissioned characters. This is a fact. I enjoy involving patrons in my game, and in my book i say that the game is mine as much as it is theirs. I think it's fine to be on principle opposed to any content that is not originally a vision of the developer, but I think the game is still in the right place, and my evidence for that would be the main characters still all having the most renders, lines and effort dedicated to them.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
In terms of renders and lines, kaira by far out-dwarves the patreon commissioned characters. This is a fact. I enjoy involving patrons in my game, and in my book i say that the game is mine as much as it is theirs. I think it's fine to be on principle opposed to any content that is not originally a vision of the developer, but I think the game is still in the right place, and my evidence for that would be the main characters still all having the most renders, lines and effort dedicated to them.
Its your game and totally up to you what you do. I would not count the prologue material towards your sandbox content. Firstly it was full of introductory material that really didn't develop character arcs. Secondly there was a huge word dump (not in a negative way, it was an important reconnecting plus evolution of way they saw each other scene but still something that happens in first week of MC's return) in Kiaras event that really didnt give a lot of information or push Kiaras arc so word count hardly a measure. The best guide is how many events or game days passed for each, yes Kiaras one event post sandbox was a lot more complex but it was all over 1 day. If you estimate 2 or 3 events per week per character some characters have a months timeline done while Kiara still not done half a week.

Keeping timelines in sink does not mean you have to add a lot more content. Kiara and MC could be avoiding each other trying to come to terms with dreams that night and the wake up incident so a couple of renders and short dialogues could fill in several weeks of timeline. A temporary barmaid at Pub will cover a gap in another timeline. Mother doing a location shoot. ETC ETC.

I really hope I not offended you because I do like your storytelling and the concept. I also like the subtle fantasy elements in modern setting. This is why I worried your not focused enough on telling your story. I still going to play and join your Patreon and will update my review once game has developed more. I have never seen a story told by a committee work.

Reactions: danteworks

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
Its your game and totally up to you what you do. I would not count the prologue material towards your sandbox content. Firstly it was full of introductory material that really didn't develop character arcs. Secondly there was a huge word dump (not in a negative way, it was an important reconnecting plus evolution of way they saw each other scene but still something that happens in first week of MC's return) in Kiaras event that really didnt give a lot of information or push Kiaras arc so word count hardly a measure. The best guide is how many events or game days passed for each, yes Kiaras one event post sandbox was a lot more complex but it was all over 1 day. If you estimate 2 or 3 events per week per character some characters have a months timeline done while Kiara still not done half a week.

Keeping timelines in sink does not mean you have to add a lot more content. Kiara and MC could be avoiding each other trying to come to terms with dreams that night and the wake up incident so a couple of renders and short dialogues could fill in several weeks of timeline. A temporary barmaid at Pub will cover a gap in another timeline. Mother doing a location shoot. ETC ETC.

I really hope I not offended you because I do like your storytelling and the concept. I also like the subtle fantasy elements in modern setting. This is why I worried your not focused enough on telling your story. I still going to play and join your Patreon and will update my review once game has developed more. I have never seen a story told by a committee work.
oh the story is going to come slowly dont worry. But i also have fun writing side content - like that belle delphine. I still consider the game to be very early. People complained at the start when the felt the world was empty, so i populated the world with different content. The game is still very young

Reactions: Watcher X

TheHiddenOne

Aug 5, 2017
I finally came around to try this game out. ^^

The beginning was a bit.. rocky, but after that it got pretty neat.
If I had one complain, it would be the forced Nicole content, but that is probably just me.. :D

I'm curious how it will continue. Thanks for your work so far ^_^

Reactions: danteworks

Valeck

Aug 16, 2017
Well a good update in general,hope all becomes clear with Caroline soon.
I have to say that I didn't like the Amanda aphrodisiac thing but I hope the mc don't go far with this shit.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Depravity [v0.53.1] [Dante] - Original Size: 1.49GB

Download PC (515MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes