VN Ren'Py Abandoned Derealization [v0.0.5.0] [Greenish Purple]

3.00 star(s) 28 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I went to see a therapist and now she's seeing a therapist also. Fun times. Ahaha :p :devilish:
You poor soul
Just to inject a bit of reality. All therapists are themselves in therapy. Trained or not no one can wade through hour after hour of human stress, emotion, and guilt day after day without an outlet. So practicing therapists are in therapy to keep themselves from being overwhelmed.

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
Just to inject a bit of reality. All therapists are themselves in therapy. Trained or not no one can wade through hour after hour of human stress, emotion, and guilt day after day without an outlet. So practicing therapists are in therapy to keep themselves from being overwhelmed.
Yeah, I’m aware. Sopranos taught me that, Wolf just likes to leave destruction wherever he goes.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleFredo

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
Why did he move the fridge...? I don't get it. I mean I'm intrigued by this, also by the story, but honestly there's now a bigger mystery here which I must have answered, why move the fridge???

Reactions: punisher2099

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Awesome. Thanks for that info. I was being facetious. But, I would assume that after hearing everyone's problems would certainly cause some stress and they would need some therapy.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
So 0.3 had no story continuation, just added more content to the prologue and honestly not for the best. MC is now a dilusional feck who's haunted by his ex and he's also kind of an asshole. he had no problem fucking the receptionist girl but couldn't even take a few minutes to talk with her when she asked him if they could have a chat,id like to so yes and not be an ahole but the game of course does not allow that so I do hope the next update will start allowing the player to making decisions.

Honestly I don't care much for the update, it did nothing for me but made MC seem worse than before, so not sure how I feel about this VN going forward but I am interested to see how this one plays out. hopefully it won't be too depressing, I have dealt with people, some who were even close family who had mental problems so I hope this one don't get too depressing. Realism is obviously needed for such topics but I hope the dev keeps in mind that this is a work of fiction, it can still be fun story wise and does not need to be too heavy.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
So 0.3 had no story continuation, just added more content to the prologue and honestly not for the best. MC is now a dilusional feck who's haunted by his ex and he's also kind of an asshole. he had no problem fucking the receptionist girl but couldn't even take a few minutes to talk with her when she asked him if they could have a chat,id like to so yes and not be an ahole but the game of course does not allow that so I do hope the next update will start allowing the player to making decisions.

Honestly I don't care much for the update, it did nothing for me but made MC seem worse than before, so not sure how I feel about this VN going forward but I am interested to see how this one plays out. hopefully it won't be too depressing, I have dealt with people, some who were even close family who had mental problems so I hope this one don't get too depressing. Realism is obviously needed for such topics but I hope the dev keeps in mind that this is a work of fiction, it can still be fun story wise and does not need to be too heavy.
I only played the latest version, so not sure about the last update.

To the rest of your comments, I will just say this is one of the games where you the player are not the MC. The MC in this instance comes with his own baggage in this is central to the plot of the story so far. he has some serious mental issues that you as the player are trying to help him get out of.

I actually like it for this very reason. The MC is a bit of an asshole because he has some issues that he needs to overcome and resolve. Not sure where it's going, but I love stories like this where there is a character that starts of in a bad place with questionable morals and characters. Circumstance and self discovery then leads to a kind of road to improvement/redemption that can ultimately get to a reluctant Hero (Anti Hero) type character.

Good examples of this is Jamie of GOT, Riddick in Pitch Black etc. You deciding the MC is not an Asshole IMO would detract from the journey of the MC.

My 2 cents.

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
I gave this a try and the renders didn't look too bad, but he's using some kind of smoothing tool so that he doesn't have to let the renders bake too long and it's off putting for me.

I also didn't like the story, there is a lot of missed language, where I'm assuming the dev isn't a native English speaker, the best example I can give is when the girl in the bar says, "I heard you were off the hook", when asked to serve him a drink. Now I'm assuming she meant, "I've heard you were on the wagon", meaning that he wasn't drinking anymore, which the story till then had inferred, because "off the hook" doesn't make any kind of sense.

So anyway, deleted.

3.00 star(s) 28 Votes