3.30 star(s) 65 Votes

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
BOoOoOOooOOm .... This is what this game is ... awesome
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Is there a epilogue involving Dmitri?
He makes a brief appearance in the endings where Chris stays with the firm as a paralegal or assistant, and a very brief appearance in the diversity hire ending. He is not a big factor in the epilogue.

Thank you @Ryder77 for completing your game!
You're welcome. :)

I hate games that are never completed.

Great game, thank you for sharing it.
Thank you. Glad you liked it.

Dev, so what are you working on next?
I have an idea for a very different type of game, but no idea whether I can make it work.

Reactions: ichigoro

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@Ryder77 Can you tell us your idea for the next game? It's okay if you don't want to
No, sorry. It's still way too early and, like I said, it's very different from Descent. At this point, I have no idea whether it will work or whether I will be able to do it.

Reactions: RHFlash

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Whatever you think about the game, you have to respect @Ryder77 for finishing it and only starting to post it once it's done. For free to boot. What a rare treat. I happened to enjoy the game as well, especially the lesbian content. It's so rare to get well written lezdom content in these games. I hope we'll see another game from the author at some point.

GODZILLA2000

Dec 9, 2017
Do the eve routes get an epilogue? I get some stuff about being a good lawyer but thats about it
The ending I got, Eve kindofsort of but not really convinced Christine that she was a lesbian. And that she kind of lived happily ever after even though she sacrificed a lot to get there. I was hoping for an ending where Eve convinces Christine completely and they get married. I stood up Tony every chance I got because I wanted Christine to grow apart and fall hard for Eve. But that didn't go as planned. Overall good game though.

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Is it even possible to get a happy ending with Eve?
The one I got, Christine was just sad about the breakup with Tony, while being seen as the "lesbian lawyer" in the firm.
Yes, she ended up with Eve, but it seemed forced and didn't feel like a good ending.

LordLegion

Jun 18, 2017
thanks for the game is great, I love it, there is some guide to see all possible endings, a question but how to stay with eve?

ichigoro

Apr 28, 2017
Really nice job, especially for a first game. And with updates basically every week, as opposed to the years some of these types of games get dragged out for. With that kind of speed, I was actually hoping the game would go on a little longer. Big props for actually finishing it, though, which is a feat unto itself.

The game seemed like a pretty clear nod to Katie's Corruption (one of my favorites), so I didn't have an issue with the 'two sprites plus a background' for the dialogue scenes. If there was anything I was little disappointed in, it was that the actual 'corruption' seemed to turn out to be a bit light. Especially with the MC getting a tattoo so early on, I'd hoped for a bit more in the way of physical transformation during the game. And the MC's personality didn't seem to change a lot no matter what choices were made. She seemed to tolerate (but wasn't really into) any ending where she was still 'with' the judge, Mr. King, or Eve.

But that's largely just a personal preference. You can't really please everyone with games like this, and I think balancing trying to tell your story with offering people meaningful choices at the same time is a lot harder than most people think.

I know you said your next project might be very different, but I for one would be pretty happy with something along the same lines!

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Is there a sex scene shown between all the women in the bathroom?
The sex scene in the club bathroom is all teed up, but largely happens off screen.

Whatever you think about the game, you have to respect @Ryder77 for finishing it and only starting to post it once it's done. For free to boot. What a rare treat. I happened to enjoy the game as well, especially the lesbian content. It's so rare to get well written lezdom content in these games. I hope we'll see another game from the author at some point.
Thanks Fitgirl. I always hate it when games I enjoy never seem to finish. That's one of the reasons I had it basically done before I started posting it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Do the eve routes get an epilogue? I get some stuff about being a good lawyer but thats about it
There are numerous routes with different jobs at the firm and with others. Eve figures into a lot of them, depending on how much time you spent with her and how you interacted with her. The most Eve-centric epilogues occur when the MC does not get a position with the firm and does not accept any jobs at the years eve party.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
The one I got, Christine was just sad about the breakup with Tony, while being seen as the "lesbian lawyer" in the firm.
Yes, she ended up with Eve, but it seemed forced and didn't feel like a good ending.
The closest you can get to a happy ending with Eve is where you get the relatively nice version of Eve, don't get a position with the firm and don't accept any other positions. You still end up with her if you get the meaner version of Eve, but that ending's not so happy.

thanks for the game is great, I love it, there is some guide to see all possible endings, a question but how to stay with eve?
Thanks. As far as I know, there is no such guide. There are a lot of variations, so seeing them all might be tough! :)

As for Eve, see above.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
Is there a sex scene shown between all the women in the bathroom?
No

Do the eve routes get an epilogue?
There are two Eve routes; both have an epilogue

there is some guide to see all possible endings, a question but how to stay with eve?
Yes, make the "GF Eve" choices in the walkthrough linked below

LESBIAN WALKTHROUGH LINK
Anyway I made a walkthrough/guide for the Lesbian path that I took. If you have any feedback just let me know.
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/04/305724_Descent_Lesbian_Walkthrough_GF_Eve.pdf
(It says GF eve walkthrough, but you can get the mean Eve scenes by following the red choices)(The walk through isn't perfect so read my notes below)
^You guys should check out this walkthrough (just click this quote or link), it's very helpful to get both Eve endings and epilogues. However, there are some things you should change. For mean Eve route, in choice 89, you should choose c) Say no (not a lesbian). For GF Eve, choose b) Say no (don't want to come out). Then later on, at the end of the game party, refuse the position at the firm for both GF Eve and Mean Eve routes. If you've done it right, for either route, you should have accepted no positions anywhere, and have nowhere to go except to stay with Eve at the end. Note: I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure for both routes the answer to 106 is c) Talk to Eve about Eric, despite that it says to avoid. Hopefully that works out.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Really nice job, especially for a first game. And with updates basically every week, as opposed to the years some of these types of games get dragged out for. With that kind of speed, I was actually hoping the game would go on a little longer. Big props for actually finishing it, though, which is a feat unto itself.
Thanks. The trick was to finish it before I started posting it. :)

The game seemed like a pretty clear nod to Katie's Corruption (one of my favorites), so I didn't have an issue with the 'two sprites plus a background' for the dialogue scenes.
KC was definitely an inspiration for the game. I don't mind the sprites / background style and it was, practically, the only way I could have done the game. I would never have finished if I'd had to render every scene in full.

If there was anything I was little disappointed in, it was that the actual 'corruption' seemed to turn out to be a bit light. Especially with the MC getting a tattoo so early on, I'd hoped for a bit more in the way of physical transformation during the game.
I made a decision not to go as far in that direction as KC, and other games. You do see a bit more in the epilogue, such as a change in hair color or a new tattoo, depending on the ending, but I wanted to keep the game a little more "realistic", relatively speaking. Also, given that the game takes place over four months, which didn't allow for too much in the way of physical changes.

And the MC's personality didn't seem to change a lot no matter what choices were made. She seemed to tolerate (but wasn't really into) any ending where she was still 'with' the judge, Mr. King, or Eve.
Yes, that too was a deliberate choice. As I say in my little post game summary, above, that may not have been the right choice. If I was starting over with the game, or rewriting it (neither of which will happen), I would add some more internal development for the MC. Alas.

I know you said your next project might be very different, but I for one would be pretty happy with something along the same lines!
At this point, I don't even know if there will be a next project. I'm just now in the stage of deleting the Descent assets from my computer and tidying up some stuff. The next game, if it ever happens, is some time away.

Thanks for your comments. :)

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Yes, make the "GF Eve" choices in the walkthrough linked below

LESBIAN WALKTHROUGH LINK
This guide is really well done, but I believe it ends up with the MC getting a position at the firm. The most Eve-centric epilogues occur where the MC does not end up with a position at the firm.

3.30 star(s) 65 Votes