3.30 star(s) 65 Votes

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
How do you become a paralegal? I don't think I've gotten that one.
IIRC, unless your total Career Points are really really high, it happens where Eric is still in place, you do not chose the diversity hire option and your Career Points are not too low. If they're too low, you get offered a position as an Assistant. I don't recall the exact numbers right now.

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I actually decompiled the game and used the various point changes in the script files as my game guide. Even with that I made some mistakes and did not always get the endings that I expected and I had to retry.

Thankfully the code is simple enough to read. I did not go though all the endings/epilogue texts but with a good text editor (Notepad++ is great in this case) you easily find all the variable changes. I'm too lazy to write a script parser that would generate some kind of decision tree, and even lazier to write it by hand.

What I can say is that thankfully there are options to keep a good reputation AND beat Eric.

Good game.

Reactions: dasflute2

NanasBananas

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
Hiya, just wanted to stop by and pay this game some compliments, even though only a fraction of the sexual content was actually to my liking (I'm mostly into female domination, and I try to stay away from male domination as much as I can), because I think in several ways this is probably one of the better games I've played in this genre.

First of all, it's very well written. I found just about all the characters to be engaging and believable in their own way. And even though an alarming portion of the people you meet are harassing assholes on a criminal level, the game somehow still managed not to lose its heart. I got paranoid for a moment for example that Tony was also an asshole and just using me for money, but it turned out he can be really sweet if you believe in him, so knowing there's a way to get a happy ending with him warmed my heart and made the other possible downfalls easier to swallow. I think it also helps that you can reject most of the unwanted advances and have a choice in how much dignity you lose, and the protagonist's dilemmas were very well presented. It makes it a lot easier and more believable to submit to someone when there are real consequences to not doing so... The story also never got boring pretty much from beginning to end, though a large part of that probably has to do with the high level of interactivity, which is my next point...

I think the thing that impressed me more than anything is how well player choice was pulled off here. You get a say in pretty much every major (and plenty of minor) choice in this game, and it really feels like every decision you make is remembered and carries through to shape what happens to you down the line, from the very beginning of the game to the end. As someone who has both played a ton of these interactive stories and has also fiddled with the prospect of writing some himself, I can tell you I have a lot of respect for how many unique lines of text you soon have to write for every variation if you just start adding options mindlessly, and how difficult it can be to plan and manage all the possibilities so they intertwine in a way that both gives satisfaction and consistency for each route and also doesn't snowball into an infinitely branching web. I think this is one of the better examples I can think of of a branching story line being pulled off in one of these games, so serious kudos for that. (The only inconsistency I remember finding is that during the break up with Tony he accused me of cheating on him with another man even though the only thing he caught me doing was kissing Eve. This might have been reported before, I'll admit I haven't read through the entire thread, and also it's not too game breaking.)

Now finally, as for my personal experience with the H-content... As I implied above, the prospect of grubby men taking advantage of me was not very appealing to me, but I absolutely loved the dominant Eve path. Having my poor, reluctant, self-respecting straight protagonist be turned into a sex toy for the dominant lesbian was certainly exciting to watch, and well worth the play through. I'm curious to see the nicer Eve path too, so I'll probably do another replay from scratch at some point, but for my first play through, once I realized I could get dominated by Eve, I just couldn't resist plunging down that path head first...

Great game overall! Wouldn't mind seeing more from you, as long as you keep at least 1 femdom path in the mix... ;)

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Thankfully the code is simple enough to read.
Heh... there's a reason the code is so simple. ;)

I did not go though all the endings/epilogue texts but with a good text editor (Notepad++ is great in this case) you easily find all the variable changes. I'm too lazy to write a script parser that would generate some kind of decision tree, and even lazier to write it by hand.
I think that would be an awful lot of work. Some upthread did a short walk through for one part of the lesbian content and that seemed like a real chose.

What I can say is that thankfully there are options to keep a good reputation AND beat Eric.

Good game.
Thanks. And, yes, there's a needle to thread where you can get that result.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Hiya, just wanted to stop by and pay this game some compliments, even though only a fraction of the sexual content was actually to my liking (I'm mostly into female domination, and I try to stay away from male domination as much as I can), because I think in several ways this is probably one of the better games I've played in this genre.
Thank you. I can't imagine what it would have been like to play through the game without any real attraction to the content, but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

First of all, it's very well written. I found just about all the characters to be engaging and believable in their own way. And even though an alarming portion of the people you meet are harassing assholes on a criminal level, the game somehow still managed not to lose its heart.
Again, thanks. :) I tried to make all the characters different and to give each of them their own motivation and perspective. My coding and rendering ability is limited, at best, but I really tried to put a lot into the writing. IMO, to the extent things didn't work with the writing, it was the original decision making, not the execution.

I got paranoid for a moment for example that Tony was also an asshole and just using me for money, but it turned out he can be really sweet if you believe in him...
Or is he?

:) Yeah, he is.

... so knowing there's a way to get a happy ending with him warmed my heart and made the other possible downfalls easier to swallow. I think it also helps that you can reject most of the unwanted advances and have a choice in how much dignity you lose, and the protagonist's dilemmas were very well presented.
My original intention was to give her nothing but bad endings (ie. to show her descent), but, as the game progressed, I got to like the MC and started to work in a more balanced approach. I agree that having the good endings, in some way, made the unhappy endings more interesting.

I think the thing that impressed me more than anything is how well player choice was pulled off here. You get a say in pretty much every major (and plenty of minor) choice in this game, and it really feels like every decision you make is remembered and carries through to shape what happens to you down the line, from the very beginning of the game to the end.
Again, thanks. There are exactly two decisions in this game which do not have any affect. Everything else at least has a possible effect. I really tried to give the player a lot of ways to shape the game, within the ambit of the general story. There's only one decision - the Troll King scenario - which really knocks the game off its rails.

(The only inconsistency I remember finding is that during the break up with Tony he accused me of cheating on him with another man even though the only thing he caught me doing was kissing Eve. This might have been reported before, I'll admit I haven't read through the entire thread, and also it's not too game breaking.)
ARGHHHH!!!!

Too late now.

Now finally, as for my personal experience with the H-content... As I implied above, the prospect of grubby men taking advantage of me was not very appealing to me, but I absolutely loved the dominant Eve path. Having my poor, reluctant, self-respecting straight protagonist be turned into a sex toy for the dominant lesbian was certainly exciting to watch, and well worth the play through. I'm curious to see the nicer Eve path too, so I'll probably do another replay from scratch at some point, but for my first play through, once I realized I could get dominated by Eve, I just couldn't resist plunging down that path head first...

Great game overall! Wouldn't mind seeing more from you, as long as you keep at least 1 femdom path in the mix... ;)
Heh... remember "nicer" Eve is still not the nicest person. The main difference is how she (Eve) rationalizes what she's doing (or, perhaps more accurately, nice Eve bothers to rationalize what she's doing), but there are some significant differences, particularly at the end.

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated. I don't know if I will ever do another game, but, if I do, it will be because of this sort of discussion. :)

dasflute2

Jan 5, 2018
I really hope you do end up doing another game, Ryder. It's clear you have a ton of talent, and I'll echo everyone above who said that this really was one of the best examples of its genre. Which is all the more impressive for it being your first game.

Reactions: hannibal29129

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I really hope you do end up doing another game, Ryder. It's clear you have a ton of talent, and I'll echo everyone above who said that this really was one of the best examples of its genre. Which is all the more impressive for it being your first game.
Thanks, although I think you're overstating the either of my talent by a fair margin.

If I do create another game, which I'm not sure about, it will be quite different from this one.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Finally finished the game, liked the concept, story about the pitfalls of pursuing a career in a cutthroat space... However hated how everything was aligned to make you fail... 1-4 antagonists or pitfalls would have been fine, but everyone against the MC was just ridiculous and sucked me out of the story....

It became "how to save the most important pieces while sacrificing less important pieces"... honestly at least in Chess thats fun to do since pawns suck ass compared to the better pieces (knights, towers, queen, king, etc)... with this however its annoying to sacrifice somethings in order to preserve others.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Finally finished the game, liked the concept, story about the pitfalls of pursuing a career in a cutthroat space... However hated how everything was aligned to make you fail... 1-4 antagonists or pitfalls would have been fine, but everyone against the MC was just ridiculous and sucked me out of the story....

It became "how to save the most important pieces while sacrificing less important pieces"... honestly at least in Chess thats fun to do since pawns suck ass compared to the better pieces (knights, towers, queen, king, etc)... with this however its annoying to sacrifice somethings in order to preserve others.
Sorry to hear the game didn't work for you. Thanks for giving it a try and thanks for the review.

LordD99

Aug 15, 2017
Just missing a bit of DP/Gangbang[I thought she's going to pleasure that congressman and his affiliates]. Overall, excellent.

U

User_286102

Congrats!

this game is mainly based on the story "a real visual novel" it may be missing a little animation, the scenes "background" are very often the same and the characters are placed on the front of the screen, they arent shared with the scenery, but despite its small flaws this game holds the road, the story's nice to read and we can easily take passion for the adventure of our heroine.
congrats and good luck for the next!

I would have liked to put this message in the reviews with a good score, but it doesn't work!

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Just missing a bit of DP/Gangbang[I thought she's going to pleasure that congressman and his affiliates]. Overall, excellent.
Thanks. Glad you liked it. Sorry about the lack of DP/Gangbang. Just didn't happen.

Congrats!

this game is mainly based on the story "a real visual novel" it may be missing a little animation, the scenes "background" are very often the same and the characters are placed on the front of the screen, they arent shared with the scenery, but despite its small flaws this game holds the road, the story's nice to read and we can easily take passion for the adventure of our heroine.
congrats and good luck for the next!

I would have liked to put this message in the reviews with a good score, but it doesn't work!
Many thanks. Yes, the characters are, in many instances, placed in front of a set screen. I kind of like the style, but the main reason was practicality. My computer isn't the best and rendering full scenes was very time consuming. If I'd tried to fully render everything, I would never have finished. The same with the lack of animation.

I'm not sure what's up with the review function, but I do appreciate your comments. :)

Reactions: User_286102

Leo967

Jun 4, 2017
T_T I still can't get the ending I want. I want "Get the Job and the Boyfriend, even if I was cheating on him" ending. I end up becoming either losing Tony, or have to become the Judge's assistant or the or other guys sex slave/ employee. Help please, what am I doing wrong.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
T_T I still can't get the ending I want. I want "Get the Job and the Boyfriend, even if I was cheating on him" ending. I end up becoming either losing Tony, or have to become the Judge's assistant or the or other guys sex slave/ employee. Help please, what am I doing wrong.
OK, I'm going by memory here, but...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Eula25

Donor
Nov 30, 2018
I assume you're asking about the epilogue? If so...

I hope that answered your question.

Again, you're asking about the epilogue? If so...

Thanks. The zoom effect was my way of compensating for the lack of animation. :)

Well, some people hated him...

... and some people liked him. :)
As for the Mr King ending i didn't get it.... I have tried to be nicer to him.. But still I didn't get it... Overall it was a nice game though...

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
As for the Mr King ending i didn't get it.... I have tried to be nicer to him.. But still I didn't get it... Overall it was a nice game though...
The endings with the most King content come about when the MC does not get a position with the firm, either because it's not offered or because she turns down the lesser positions. At the new years eve party, assuming she's favored spending time with King, rather than Eve, King will offer her a job. If she accepts, she will end up working for him. Depending on which version of King you get, this could be bad or not so bad.

Reactions: Eula25
3.30 star(s) 65 Votes