3.30 star(s) 65 Votes

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
It's not the focus of the game, but there is a potential plot line which involves that element.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Ok I'm planning another playthrough because the game is too good :)
Before that, let's see if someone has the answers for this:

1) Is there a path where she ends up with her ex?
2) Always wondered: is it possible to refuse Lisa's deal without losing the game?
3) The boss, John: the (sexual) relation stops after the first encounter or there are paths that I didn't discover?
4) Ashley: what's her role, exactly? I (almost) always had Christine act rude towads her

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Ok I'm planning another playthrough because the game is too good :)
Before that, let's see if someone has the answers for this:

1) Is there a path where she ends up with her ex?
2) Always wondered: is it possible to refuse Lisa's deal without losing the game?
3) The boss, John: the (sexual) relation stops after the first encounter or there are paths that I didn't discover?
4) Ashley: what's her role, exactly? I (almost) always had Christine act rude towads her
If I recall correctly:

1) No.
2) Yes, though Lisa will make things a little harder.
3) If that happens, it only happens once.
4) There are a number of minor ways in which your relationship with Ashley affects the game. However, the only direct effect is that a good relationship with Ashley will increase your weekly Career Points after a certain point in the game. A poor relationship will lower the weekly Career Points.

I hope that helps.

beewuh

Dec 19, 2018
So what does reputation get you in this game? Low reputation vs high? Do I love my position and have a game over with low?

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
So what does reputation get you in this game? Low reputation vs high? Do I love my position and have a game over with low?
During the game, your reputation affects, to some extent, the way people treat the mc, but the main effect is on the ending. Your reputation very much affects how the mc ends up during the epilogue.

kutya1313

Jan 26, 2019
OK, so I still had the asset (not deleted yet), so I ran another render of it. This is the result of about two hours of rendering. It's not perfect, but it's better than the one in the game.
How can Christine get more tattoo, and piercing, like in this picture?

sifilis

Apr 27, 2017
I've been putting off playing this game for so long waiting for a walkthrough. Any kind soul planning to do one?

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Is there a possible way to refuse Evelyn's advances without losing the game?
Man, it's been so long that I'm not entirely sure any more. The first scene with Eve, in the bar, cannot be avoided. However, and I stand to be corrected on t his, the balance of Eve's advances can be avoided. Again, I'm not entirely certain, though.

Sorry, it's been a while.

DynEggs

Aug 8, 2019
Ryder77 Descent is one of the best visual novel-style games I have ever played. It's nuanced, sexy as fuck, deep, it makes me think - in short - it's art. I love you for making it and I love the game. I hope you make more games and I hope you find a way to get paid doing it because this is sublime. Thank you for the game and I wish you well in your future endeavors :)

Teflonmike

Jul 15, 2019
Just finished this earlier today and have to say I really enjoyed it. Whilst it has obvious similarities with the Corruption of Katie it has a far more intricate corruption method.. I found that the situations Christine found herself in were believable for a young naive girl who is a little out of her depth and the way she is continually out maneuvered is a testament to the Dev's fine writing.

All of the above, plus good rendering with well written characters and an excellent story arc make this game unmissable.

Congratulations on such a great game Dev and I look forward to your next work.

Reactions: DynEggs

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
LUL
Played a pure path until the end of October. Christine fucks Mr. Gordon as a last resort to keep her job...still gets fired.

Can you imagine a boss doing that in the #metoo era?
For reals Mr. Gordon would be so fucked rn. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Ryder77 Descent is one of the best visual novel-style games I have ever played. It's nuanced, sexy as fuck, deep, it makes me think - in short - it's art. I love you for making it and I love the game. I hope you make more games and I hope you find a way to get paid doing it because this is sublime. Thank you for the game and I wish you well in your future endeavors :)
Thank you. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the game. Not worried about getting paid, as I just did it for fun. :)

Just finished this earlier today and have to say I really enjoyed it. Whilst it has obvious similarities with the Corruption of Katie it has a far more intricate corruption method.. I found that the situations Christine found herself in were believable for a young naive girl who is a little out of her depth and the way she is continually out maneuvered is a testament to the Dev's fine writing.

All of the above, plus good rendering with well written characters and an excellent story arc make this game unmissable.

Congratulations on such a great game Dev and I look forward to your next work.
Thank you for the kind words. I don't think there will be a "next work" any time soon, but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this one.

3.30 star(s) 65 Votes