3.30 star(s) 65 Votes

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Yeah, the genres of this game are not for guys which lean more to the vanilla side.
It was not for me also but the storytelling was pretty good developed. Well done. (y)

Reactions: afterlights

CrowleyJ

Jul 11, 2017
Phew, some of us were worried for awhile that we enjoyed this game without the approval of CrowleyJ.
I mean, point out to me where I said you needed my approval? I was just pre-empting people saying "I always knew it was rape not domination so you're wrong". Because on the internet, people need you to specifically clarify when you're not talking about them even when it's totally obvious that you're not talking about them. Enjoy it or not. Care about my opinion or not. But if you think Eve is any kind of dom, you're wrong. She's a rapist.

Reactions: Blayo

kaduos

Nov 1, 2019
Well, I went into this blind. I played the lesbian path, it wasn't terrible, though I was rather annoyed by Christine's constant denial. Eve didn't really bother me, but maybe I was expecting more from this, perhaps a path where Christine does come to accept her feelings in some way, but she goes to the bitter end with it and that was just irritating. Also, far too many "uh" and "um" in the dialogue. It's not how I imagine a lawyer would act; I would expect someone on that career path to be far more assertive and confident. Christine seemed out of place and abused the whole game (obviously the draw). Not really for me, but I accept it's not the type of game for everyone. That being said, it was still well done.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
First off, thanks for giving the game a try and providing your comments. Much appreciated. I hope you don't mind if I comment in return.

Well, I went into this blind. I played the lesbian path, it wasn't terrible, though I was rather annoyed by Christine's constant denial. Eve didn't really bother me, but maybe I was expecting more from this, perhaps a path where Christine does come to accept her feelings in some way, but she goes to the bitter end with it and that was just irritating.
IIRC, there is a relatively "good" ending, where Chris and Eve end up together as girlfriends, more or less. And, of course, there are lots of endings other than the lesbian paths.

Also, far too many "uh" and "um" in the dialogue. It's not how I imagine a lawyer would act; I would expect someone on that career path to be far more assertive and confident.
I deal with transcripts all the time, including transcripts of depositions and court proceedings. They really do look a lot like that. People use uhh.. and uhm... and "like"... and fail to finish sentences all the time.

Christine seemed out of place and abused the whole game (obviously the draw). Not really for me, but I accept it's not the type of game for everyone. That being said, it was still well done.
Yes, that is kind of the theme of the game. However, there are a number of paths where she finds her way through and ends up in a good position. Having said that, you are correct, the game is not for everyone.

Anyhow, thanks for the comments and thanks again for giving it a try.

Reactions: afterlights

kaduos

Nov 1, 2019
IIRC, there is a relatively "good" ending, where Chris and Eve end up together as girlfriends, more or less.
I think that is the one I got. I did follow the lesbian guide posted in this thread somewhere. Did all the "GF" responses. She still seemed pretty bitter about Tony, though, and didn't fully accept that she might be a lesbian.

I deal with transcripts all the time, including transcripts of depositions and court proceedings. They really do look a lot like that. People use uhh.. and uhm... and "like"... and fail to finish sentences all the time.
That certainly might be the case, but I would still say that's not how the game/characters should have been portrayed, though. ;) But maybe I'm just a snob about that kind of thing.

Last edited:

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I think that is the one I got. I did follow the lesbian guide posted in this thread somewhere. Did all the "GF" responses. She still seemed pretty bitter about Tony, though, and didn't fully accept that she might be a lesbian.
Fair enough. I think that guide does get you to the "best" lesbian ending.

That certainly might be the case, but I would still say that's not how the game/characters should have been portrayed, though. ;) But maybe I'm just a snob about that kind of thing.
Not a bad things to be. :) Thanks again for the comments.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Reactions: kaduos

Tara Mede

Sep 1, 2017
Fair enough. I think that guide does get you to the "best" lesbian ending.
While it is arguably the "best" lesbian ending in a professional sense for Chris, I decided to play through the game again recently and got the GF Eve ending without getting the associate position (and refusing all other job offers) after seeing others here talk about it. If you follow my guide, Chris gets her dream job, but she doesn't end up being in a very healthy relationship with Eve (she feels obligated to stay in the relationship due to her status as a lesbian diversity hire).

In contrast, if she doesn't become an associate (or take any other job) she ends up falling into a rut for a while and Eve helps her back onto her feet. Chris and Eve's relationship seems both healthier and happier in this ending too (although she always somewhat rejects being a lesbian in her head). Plus, she still ends up as an associate at a slightly less prestigious law firm. Accordingly, I edited my lesbian walkthrough in order to note the choice between the two endings.

UncleVT
Can you add my updated walkthrough to the OP?
No

There are two Eve routes; both have an epilogue

Yes, make the "GF Eve" choices in the walkthrough linked below

LESBIAN WALKTHROUGH LINK

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/04/305724_Descent_Lesbian_Walkthrough_GF_Eve.pdf
(It says GF eve walkthrough, but you can get the mean Eve scenes by following the red choices)(The walk through isn't perfect so read my notes below)
^You guys should check out this walkthrough (just click this quote or link), it's very helpful to get both Eve endings and epilogues. However, there are some things you should change. For mean Eve route, in choice 89, you should choose c) Say no (not a lesbian). For GF Eve, choose b) Say no (don't want to come out). Then later on, at the end of the game party, refuse the position at the firm for both GF Eve and Mean Eve routes. If you've done it right, for either route, you should have accepted no positions anywhere, and have nowhere to go except to stay with Eve at the end. Note: I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure for both routes the answer to 106 is c) Talk to Eve about Eric, despite that it says to avoid. Hopefully that works out.
Thanks for your feedback. I would avoid choice "106 c) Talk to Eve about Eric" since it leads to a choice in which you have to sleep with Mack in order to get his help in recording Eric or refuse and get nothing out of it.

dasflute2

Jan 5, 2018
Hey Ryder, I was curious - I know you're familiar with SelectaCorp, but were there any other specific creators or works that particularly inspired you when writing Descent, whether games, stories, movies, anything?

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Hey Ryder, I was curious - I know you're familiar with SelectaCorp, but were there any other specific creators or works that particularly inspired you when writing Descent, whether games, stories, movies, anything?
I really enjoy Selectacorp's materail, but I wouldn't say that it was a direct influence on Descent. There's a deliberate, conspiratorial theme running through his games and stories that isn't present in my game.

The first, and obvious inspiration for Descent was Katie's Corruption. While I wasn't trying to replicate it, KC was the game that made me want to try my own game (and, along the way, learn Renpy and Daz3D).

The real inspiration (if I can call it that) is an article I read some time ago, concerning a civil claim for sexual battery or breach of fiduciary duty. The allegation was that a young, drug addicted woman was taken advantage of by an older doctor, in that he would prescribe drugs for her in return for sexual favors. The defendant didn't really deny what had happened, but advanced the theory that the claimant was a predatory young woman who took advantage of the lonely old doctor, in order to get him to prescribe her drugs. I was interested by the fact that the identical set of circumstances could give rise to two completely different interpretations, depending on how you looked at it. Alternatively, both perspectives could even have been true at the same time, with each perceiving the events differently.

So, in Descent, I tried to present choices that stayed on the line between the different perspectives. Is the MC taking advantage of others in order to advance her career or are the others taking advantage of her because she needs them to advance her career? Either or both might be true at any particular time in the game. My goal was to shape the game where the MC was making those choices, at least from her perspective, and those choices might give rise to different interpretations.

Sometimes I think the game hit that mark; others times, I know it didn't. In trying to achieve this, I faced many limitations, not the least of which was my own lack of ability as a writer. Still, that was the goal.

Oh, and the smut, of course. That was also the goal. :)

Kaizoku10

Apr 11, 2020
I absolutely had the feeling that C was taking terrible advantage of poor Eve! ...For which she should probably be punished. :devilish:

3.30 star(s) 65 Votes