tharja

Jan 21, 2018
None of us devs are native English speakers.
More often than not, the scene is written by Zetands, and I go over the dialogues... either editing but mostly leaving as is, or straight up changing the dialogue altogether, in tone or, sometimes, content.
Is proofreading by a native English speaker something you would find helpful? Not looking to get paid or anything, and don't mean to be presumptuous, but I have been told by professors and colleagues that I am a talented writer. You can dm me or whatever.

Reactions: chenerba

HeheBwoi

May 20, 2020
Anyone got any idea about the timing at which the update will drop tomorrow? is it around the same time when the dev gives the weekly updates? Ive been holding off on doing a "certain activity" for the past week as i was waiting for ds update, so im getting kinda desperate here.

babadunde

May 31, 2017
Anyone got any idea about the timing at which the update will drop tomorrow? is it around the same time when the dev gives the weekly updates? Ive been holding off on doing a "certain activity" for the past week as i was waiting for ds update, so im getting kinda desperate here.
Around noon

Reactions: HeheBwoi

Zoulu

Jun 24, 2018
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had knew if there was a place to watch all the cutscenes, I seem to be missing a critical cutscene in 0.14 involving the mutants in the hive church. The cutscene plays halfway to the introduction of the hive leader but then ends and cuts to Ivy covered in blood with her arrow out. I dont think it was supposed to do that and I'd like to know what happened since im all in on the game's story.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had knew if there was a place to watch all the cutscenes, I seem to be missing a critical cutscene in 0.14 involving the mutants in the hive church. The cutscene plays halfway to the introduction of the hive leader but then ends and cuts to Ivy covered in blood with her arrow out. I dont think it was supposed to do that and I'd like to know what happened since im all in on the game's story.
Yes you're right, the fight scene and the scene where the Hive queen get's injuried is missing.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
The cutscene plays halfway to the introduction of the hive leader but then ends and cuts to Ivy covered in blood with her arrow out. I dont think it was supposed to do that and I'd like to know what happened since im all in on the game's story.
The sequence in that scene was purposefully constructed like that, with back-and-forth cuts (partly for technical reasons), so what you see is correct.
Just a question, do you play with music/sound on? We've found that it helps convey the intent in that particular segment, and without it, it might indeed feel a bit disjointed.

• Wow
Reactions: nobody0 and xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Paz ; I'll play that again, Normally I play from my Saves, and I passed that part in ver 12 iirc.
thanks for the heads up !

Zoulu

Jun 24, 2018
The sequence in that scene was purposefully constructed like that, with back-and-forth cuts (partly for technical reasons), so what you see is correct.
Just a question, do you play with music/sound on? We've found that it helps convey the intent in that particular segment, and without it, it might indeed feel a bit disjointed.
Hello! thanks so much for the clarification. I didn't see the back and forths due to wanting to check if that was a glitch first. Now I've seen the emphasis on sound in the dev notes and I hope to play with sound soon, it's just my living situation at the moment is a bit cramped and I cant risk curious sounds emanating from a bedroom with an unreliable lock lmao, and I never wear headphones while playing adult games due to the lock paranoia. I'm hoping to move in to a new place with much more living space soon so i will be having the sound on in peace. Thanks for the answer!

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
it's just my living situation at the moment is a bit cramped and I cant risk curious sounds emanating from a bedroom with an unreliable lock lmao
For what it's worth, there are no moaning/sex sounds currently in the game (maybe a whip sound on few occasions), so you should be safe in that regard.

Reactions: nobody0

Zoulu

Jun 24, 2018
For what it's worth, there are no moaning/sex sounds currently in the game (maybe a whip sound on few occasions), so you should be safe in that regard.
Well thats a relief, I guess I should be in the clear then, I'll turn it on moving forward

Mar 3, 2023
Hey there! Im here to express my gratitude for developers of Desert Stalker once again. I took my time since last time I played and skipped few updates, and now replayed the game from the very begining. It was time very well spent and I enjoyed every second. Honestly, Desert Stalker is probably the first adult game where I didnt find any minuses at all. First of all right now Im not even speaking about "adult" part of the game (dont get me wrong, when I downloaded Desert Stalker for the first time it was solely because of some very specific kinks included in this game and I was completely satisfied with this content... still, there is much more details in this game besides adult part of it). The world developers managed to create is awesome on it own. Very atmospheric if Im allowed to say so, very deep and interesting, makes you want to explore every part of it, to learn more about it history. I find myself completely immersed into events of this story. The wild deserts with ruins and people trying to survive another day in any possible way, the misterious zones with anomalies and horrors of the past, the city that has been build based on ancient rules... and, ofcourse, relationships between people living in these circumstances. This world completely surpassed the boundaries of an adult genre game made on renpy engine. I realy admire the developers of this game for their hard work and attention to the smallest details, thank you for creating this masterpiece!

P.S. Hope to see in the future even more events like Shani's exploration of zone, but this time with mc doing it...) The zone exploration is probably my favorite event so far because of it special atmosphere.

4.80 star(s) 573 Votes