Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Ok I was trying to play the fairy broken path from a save 13.c and got this as I wanted to go out without interaction
hitting ignore brought me back to the Start screen
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
then I started a new game and at home the scene with Ain again ended up in the Main menu
That's weird/unusual :unsure: I don't think it is an issue with save game compatibility... saves from 13.c should still work with the newest version 15.c

Maybe you are skipping out on an important step in the event sequence which is what is preventing the future scene to play out properly :unsure:

I keep seeing this 'name error' pop up in the traceback error log that you shared. Mayhaps it has something to do with that flagged error?

1707780989451.png

DarkDesires

Jun 30, 2017
Do you have to start a new game for every update? This is like the 4th or 5th time i had to start a new game.
When a new version is out, you download and unzip it into a new folder. But be sure to cut/copy paste your old save folder from your previous game version into the new one.

For exemple, in the next version, you should keep your "xxx:\xxx \DesertStalker-0.15c-pc\game\saves" folder and copy it into the new one freshly unziped folder, either way I doubt there are any saves in appdata or whatever.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
When a new version is out, you download and unzip it into a new folder. But be sure to cut/copy paste your old save folder from your previous game version into the new one.

For exemple, in the next version, you should keep your "xxx:\xxx \DesertStalker-0.15c-pc\game\saves" folder and copy it into the new one freshly unziped folder, either way I doubt there are any saves in appdata or whatever.
Dafuq are you on about?

DesertStalkerBETA-1606678851 ??? These appdata saves that aren't there? These are not the saves you are looking for? No need to be copying and pasting anything unless you routinly delete all that data for some reason and/or set it to never save there in the first place.

DarkDesires

Jun 30, 2017
Dafuq are you on about?

DesertStalkerBETA-1606678851 ??? These appdata saves that aren't there? These are not the saves you are looking for? No need to be copying and pasting anything unless you routinly delete all that data for some reason and/or set it to never save there in the first place.
you are right, it's there but it never worked for me unless I copy paste my save folder from game as mentioned. So I thought it was ok to give the tip to someone else in case it would help like it helped myself, yay

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019

You don’t even need to copy your save file. Just make sure you extract the new version of the game to the same folder where you have the previous version (both game folders, e.g. “Desert Stalker 0.14” and “Desert Stalker 0.15” should be side by side) and open the .exe for the new game once before deleting the older version of the game.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Ok I was trying to play the fairy broken path from a save 13.c and got this as I wanted to go out without interaction
hitting ignore brought me back to the Start screen
then I started a new game and at home the scene with Ain again ended up in the Main menu
I Fired the 15 beta version up and that version didn't show these errors , I could continue without problems !
just an Update if it is for any Interest.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
I Fired the 15 beta version up and that version didn't show these errors , I could continue without problems !
just an Update if it is for any Interest.
Ah ok, yeah thanks for the update. That was somewhat also my initial thinking/alternative thought process.... maybe working from an earlier version missed some crucial event flags or something, hence the reason for the errors cropping up....

The newest version maybe helped address those issues, hence the reason why the game was able to progress smoothly from there on out.....

Reactions: xapican

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
So is it just me that wants more scenes with the poor miners slave dominatrix we got for him?

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
Now that I´ve played the recent update, I have to agree that it felt small. I don´t know if it actually was, but it felt like it was.
I can´t complain about the scenes I got, they were right up my alley.
Also, no new scenes in the common room?

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Also, no new scenes in the common room?
Now that we've officially fucked Shani as per the recent update I would presume that Shani would be getting more interactive scenes with the other ladies of Zatan's harem in further subsequent updates......

Reactions: MrHero67
4.80 star(s) 583 Votes